{AUDIO}Creative SoundBlaster 5.1VX sound card sub woofer output issue

saheb11123

Im facing a weird problem....
Testing a Creative SoundBlaster 5.1VX sound card for a friend , the problem is the sub-woofer output doesn't work, i can feel very faint output from the sub part, the front channels work fine.

Installed official drivers and a patched driver too....
Been googling around for a while but still cant find a solution.

If anyone knows a fix then please contribute....

:sad::sad::sad:

this is preculiar problem to that device. need to check.

can you please post exact model number/name for the external sound card.

Are you getting output from center channel speaker? If yes, then I think the subwoofer needs to be serviced.

There are three 3.5mm jacks at the back of sound card. I think, one is used for fronts. Another for Sub+Center. Third one is for surrounds.

1. sub/centre channel sometimes gets mixed up. see if you are getting anything from centre properly
2. are you using the built in diagnostic, or just playing music?

@theironhorse
Model no Creative Soundblaster 5.1 vx

@saikatbiswas82
Sub is okay as it works great with on board...
The player known as potplayer seems to get bass redirection working. VLC/foobar or any other player doesn't decode the sub section. So i dont get any bass output.

@greenhorn
Im playing music, no diagnostic ....
nothing from centre channel. expect for centre output if i play 5.1 encoded blue rays.

try with the diagnostics which can make sound come out of each speaker seperately.

usually the LFE channel signal is low in most surround mixes. if you want to increase the level - especially for stereo content, try channel mixer plugin in foobar, and the audio filters in ffdshow for video players

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back