Audio Engine A5+ Active speaker not working properly

darkhkbk

Hi,
My Audio Engine A5+ Active speaker is not working properly.
when I listen to music using aux or RCA cable input, I find the passive speaker sound is more prominent as if only one speaker is working. I made sure that the that the output sound from the source is balanced. Also I tried disconnecting the passive speaker and found the active speaker is working but the volume level is slightly lower. Kindly help me so that I can get the balanced sound.

1. I tried plugging in both mini jack and RCA one at a time. Found left speaker (active) sounding at least 50% lesser than right.

2. I tried swapping the polarity of the connector cables. Still left sounding at least 50% less

3. Tried adjusting balance in my sound source. If move the balance to right extreme from the middle, only right sounding 100%. If I move to the left extreme, left alone sounding but not as high as right. Almost 50% less.

I am unable to pin down why this is happening.

Your valuable ideas/suggestions gladly accepted.

One of the actuators on the left one might be dead, check if both are working.
HOw old are the speakers?

This is a common issue with audioengine a5/a5+, you can see so many ppl having the same issue over the internet. As per their diagnosis, its the electronics rather than the drivers itself. Also blown tweeter incidents are also common with it. But, if I am not wrong it has some TDA chip for amps. a local repair person who repairs amps, unless he is really bad at his work, can fix this. The IC itself isnt very expensive. Good luck with the fixing. If tweeters are screwed, well then....

Hi @darkhkbk , Did you find the cause & solution to your problem with a5+? I got a new pair of a5+ and found the active speaker's tweeter not working..the speker sound was not as loud as I had expected and it was quite muffled so I checked the tweeter, but there was no sound from it. Really frustrated!

Hi @darkhkbk , Did you find the cause & solution to your problem with a5+? I got a new pair of a5+ and found the active speaker's tweeter not working..the speker sound was not as loud as I had expected and it was quite muffled so I checked the tweeter, but there was no sound from it. Really frustrated!
Audio engine is no more having representation in India. Where did you buy the speakers from?

I have this same issue with audioengine HD6. Panning issues but only over Bluetooth. The active speaker has 50% less ‘power’ then the passive one. When analog wired experiencing no problems.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back