Audio system for Psytrance and Darkpsy

sellulose

I listen to Psytrance and Darkpsy 70% of my time. They have heavier basslines and bpm than regular EDM, house, etc. and they sound the best on very good quality speakers. I store most of my music in 320kbps as anything lower than that doesnt sound so good to my ears.
My current Onkyo HTS3300 is crap and I want to discard them.
Only my Samson BT5 does justice to my tracks, but their volume is limited considering their size. I love listening to music real loud as in a club and I have no issues of neighbours.

A few examples are,
https://www.mixcloud.com/Dino77/ajja-darknightpsytrance/
https://www.mixcloud.com/Braindrop/psytrance-sessions-vol1/

So now I have a budget of 40K-50K and Im looking out for a system which is crystal clear, and perform well from 30Hz right up to the upper end of the spectrum. I request the experienced folks in this forum to help me with suggestion and locations in Mumbai (anywhere on Western line) where I can audition them.

Last edited:
if you want low down bass then you need to go with floorstanders. from my experience with the kind of music you listen to, musicality and detailing isnt an issue - its more of having big sounds. you can look at the norge concerto gold for an amp. wharfedale diamonds for speakers. there are also some active speakers out there. you can also consider professional speakers, though im not sure of their prices

Anyway you could look at Blue sky media desk or exo - that will get you from 25 hz or so - wont get as loud as a pa but excellant sound quality.

Very good options from Blue sky. But I dont find any dealer in India. Also I think they are too expensive for my budget. Thanks

Anyway you could look at Blue sky media desk or exo - that will get you from 25 hz or so - wont get as loud as a pa but excellant sound quality.

Thanks for the advice so far.
Specific speaker models used and availability in Mumbai with dealer name/location would be more helpful for me. Thanks.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back