Audio Vision India - Demo Rooms in Mumbai

bhagwan

Hello !

This is a small Post / Comment on Audio Vision India.

I spent Saturday afternoon - 3 hours @ Audio Vision India in Mumbai;

AudioVision India Pvt. Ltd.
2nd Floor, New Empire Cinema Building
Murzban Road, Fort, Mumbai - 400 001
Tel: +91(22) 6600 5000 / + 91(22) 2200 4040

This is a must visit place for every Indian Music Lover / Audiophile etc.

The Entire Building - 2 + floors is full of audio.
There is audio gear installed & on demo here between Rs. 10,000/- & Rs. 50,00,000/- [depends on what is of interest]

The Part I liked best was that the showroom / office / waiting area etc. is all very well appointed & well staffed.
Was greeted well & was also taken care of appropriately.
There are 6 / 7 rooms [I think] - I lost count.
All have audio gear installed & many sets that too.
2 Channel & HT etc.
Everything related to audio is on display & in stock @ this store.
Lots of on wall & in wall speakers too.

B & W / Wilson Audio / Sonus Faber / Raidho / Classe / Jeff Rowland / Rotel / Golden Ear / Audio Research / Kimber Cable / Synergestic Research / Aurender / Q Sonics etc. etc. All is on demo / in stock & can be heard.

I spend a good 3 hours @ the Show Rooms / Demo Rooms.

AudioVision India :: Contact

I do suggest & recommend that others may do so too.

:licklips:

They have Raidho as well now? Good to know.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the Raidho bookshelf. :)

They have Raidho as well now? Good to know.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the Raidho bookshelf. :)

Sir,
The Raidho was not there when I visited.
They were set up 'else where' & never heard them @ the Demo Rooms.
However, I have auditioned Eben's a few times.
Different Amplifiers - Burmester / GamuT / Ayre etc.
I was actually considering it;
However, the Tidal is a far better speaker - for my taste at least;;)
Some pics :- The New 'D' Drivers - I think.

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

May have some more - previous years - will have to look for them....

Some more pics - 2011 - when I heard the Non 'D' Models i.e.

I am sure Audio Vision will have a pair on display / demo soon & therefore you or others can call - take an appointment & then go.
Please DO NOT go without an appointment - un informed walk ins may not be 'welcome' [so I assume] !

All the Best !
Enjoy the Music;;

Thanks, Bhagwan. The new tweeters are supposed to be phenomenal.
Yes, I dealt with the 'not welcome' walk-in the first time I went, 5 or 6 years ago! Learnt my lesson and have had a pleasant experience after that.

Bhagwan, how strange you mention Audio Vision today as co-incidentally I was looking at their web page earlier this morning. I was wondering who dealt with Audio Research here and found their details.

I am keen to listen to the ARC Reference 75 power amp.

Thanks, Bhagwan. The new tweeters are supposed to be phenomenal.
Yes, I dealt with the 'not welcome' walk-in the first time I went, 5 or 6 years ago! Learnt my lesson and have had a pleasant experience after that.

@ Abhijit Nath
This is 'news' to me.
I never knew they have a new Tweeter.
Eben & then Raidho always used a Ribbon [I think]
They never tried any Tweeters.
Even the Ribbon they use is 'old'
It is Woffer that has been replaced.
White to Black / Grey.
Ceramic to Diamond - I think.
I may be wrong - if so, please do correct my mis information.

You are 100 % Right.
Always Call / Fix an Appointment & Arrive on time.
I got late by 15 mins - yesterday.
Marine Drive was blocked for 30 mins in the afternoon - Indian team was to go from the Stadium to their hotel & all the cars were stopped for Sachin & public was packed on the streets & the roads.
I just could not move - so I got delayed - I was not happy about [with] that...:sad:

I do hope all FM's & Music Lovers go to this place.
It is well made / well appointed & it the right / correct way to conduct an audio business. I walked away feeling rather satisfied;

I do hope all Trade persons go here to & try to replicate / emulate the process. There is a lot to learn from here. ;)

@ Staxx - yes, Audio Research & Sonus Faber is sold by Audio Vision in India [same parent company owns both brands]
That particular model - I do not know their stock position, you may have to call & find out.
All the Best !

bhagwan

I have always had the Greatest respect for AudioVision India for their Excellent and Vast demo rooms and the Huge Stock that they carry.

Other dealers and 'skokists' are hardly stockists... they often have Zero stocks and little more than Catalog Salesmen.

I would rate AudioVision India VERY HIGH even on an International scale. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

@ Abhijit Nath
This is 'news' to me.
I never knew they have a new Tweeter.
Eben & then Raidho always used a Ribbon [I think]
They never tried any Tweeters.
Even the Ribbon they use is 'old'
It is Woffer that has been replaced.
White to Black / Grey.
Ceramic to Diamond - I think.
I may be wrong - if so, please do correct my mis information.

You are 100 % Right.
Always Call / Fix an Appointment & Arrive on time.
I got late by 15 mins - yesterday.
Marine Drive was blocked for 30 mins in the afternoon - Indian team was to go from the Stadium to their hotel & all the cars were stopped for Sachin & public was packed on the streets & the roads.
I just could not move - so I got delayed - I was not happy about [with] that...:sad:

I do hope all FM's & Music Lovers go to this place.
It is well made / well appointed & it the right / correct way to conduct an audio business. I walked away feeling rather satisfied;

I do hope all Trade persons go here to & try to replicate / emulate the process. There is a lot to learn from here. ;)

@ Staxx - yes, Audio Research & Sonus Faber is sold by Audio Vision in India [same parent company owns both brands]
That particular model - I do not know their stock position, you may have to call & find out.
All the Best !

Hi Bhagwan,

No- you're right. I was talking about the new diamond transducer. As soon as one says "Diamond" one associates it with tweeter, so I got confused. I did mean the new diamond woofer- it's a huge technical achievement.

Hi Bhagwan,

No- you're right. I was talking about the new diamond transducer. As soon as one says "Diamond" one associates it with tweeter, so I got confused. I did mean the new diamond woofer- it's a huge technical achievement.

@ A N - I do not blame you - Diamond is generally associated with Tweeters that Accuton - Thiel & Partner makes in Germany & therefore there is a bit of mix up - always.
Yes, these are the new Woofers & Raidho / Eben call them Diamond.

I will post a few pics - I am not 'authorised' to share - but since the model has changed - I am taking the 'liberty' [These are the 'old' woofers] !
Hope it is liked - I loved to watch them :-

I love the detail on the product - build / fit & finish etc.
Nordost Cables on the X-Over too.
Premium parts used - all through.

This is an ideal speaker for Studio Use - Super Rich on detail & information retrieval. Can make a brilliant product for an audio surgeon...:indifferent14:

bhagwan

I have always had the Greatest respect for AudioVision India for their Excellent and Vast demo rooms and the Huge Stock that they carry.

Other dealers and 'skokists' are hardly stockists... they often have Zero stocks and little more than Catalog Salesmen.

I would rate AudioVision India VERY HIGH even on an International scale. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Sir,
I second that;
Audio Vision has a big show room.
Lots of Demo Rooms
All the Demo Rooms are Well Appointed
The Audio Gear is in Stock & Well Displayed
Demo's are offered
This is the correct way to conduct audio business - imho
What I saw & experienced here is as good as any top end store that sells Hi Fi all over the world.
Way to go; 3 cheers for the work that has been done & gone into the office / demo rooms !
:clapping:

This is a must visit place for every Indian Music Lover / Audiophile etc.

How?
I had been there few times and I had bad experience every time.
I went there without prior appointment and so the response from these people were like I did a terrible mistake.
Second time I went with our FM with appointment,still same attitude.After listening for 30min,they straight away said that they have short time as someone else has come for demo.:mad:
I feedback is negative for customer satisfaction.I know they have one of the best demo room,s in India,but if we cant enter all rooms even after appointment,whats use.
They like customers who talk less technical.
Very Sad.

@Spiro...maybe the next time you go with an attested bank statement proving that you can actually afford their stuff and not a tourist...:lol:

On another note...the best part of any thread with Bhagwan's participation is that it usually is full of pics...and as they say 'A picture is worth a thousand words!'...:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Putting Raidho on my list...is it meant for the working class? or do I need to put my Kidney up on ebay?

@Spiro...maybe the next time you go with an attested bank statement proving that you can actually afford their stuff and not a tourist...:lol:

On another note...the best part of any thread with Bhagwan's participation is that it usually is full of pics...and as they say 'A picture is worth a thousand words!'...:clapping::clapping::clapping:

Putting Raidho on my list...is it meant for the working class? or do I need to put my Kidney up on ebay?
I think one kidney plus one of your offspring should suffice. :)
No, seriously, it's crazily priced.

How?

I know they have one of the best demo rooms in India, but if we cant enter all rooms even after appointment, whats use ?

They like customers who talk less technical.

Very Sad.

This is sad to learn;

I am not so sure if I could get myself classified as 'technical' but I did spend close to 3 hours @ the Demo Rooms & I did not 'buy' anything....

I was indeed 'shown' around & out of 'courtesy' I did not take any pics, but the Show Room was Nice.
Rather Big & well appointed.

I guess the name of the game could be to mail / call - fix an appointment & then go.
Specify what one wants to listen to - I guess & then see how it goes...

All said, this is / was a nice experience in my books at least.
:indifferent14:

The Eben / Raidho is a very well built product from Denmark by Mr. Lars.
The Attention to detail [as shown in the pics I posted] is super.

Now, we must understand that products of this caliber when built 100 % in Denmark will not be 'cheap'
The Entry Level B/S Speaker is @ 20/- K Euro.
The 'D' version is @ 28/- K Euro.
The prices in India are to start @ Rs. 20/- Lacs ++ for the cheapest Raidho Speaker.
Bangalore has a Arya [old name] installed with VTL - I think.
Overview
This was before Audio Vision was appointed - July 2013 ++

The Raido was got in to replace Wilson Audio.
This may well be the 1st Euro Product Audio Vision will sell in India.

I wish them all the Best !

p.s. Human Organ Sale may not be 'permitted' in India now - not that I know - but I think I read that some place...:D

I did spend close to 3 hours @ the Demo Rooms & I did not 'buy' anything....

Not specific to the dealer here, but whether we buy or not, some sellers assess our "buying capacity" by merely looking at us. It happened to some members in the recent what hi fi show (IIRC). I am afraid of receiving such treatment. But I really wish to audition some stuff at Audio Vision some day; I will make sure I will go with someone who appears to be rich. As a matter of fact, I don't, neither I am:p

I must confess my brief interaction with them was polite but distinctly "average". I asked them a little about a tube amplifier they had listed and they were not particularly aware of the tubes, or age, or for that matter the "Indian" price for another amp that they had listed on their web-site.
But they do carry a great set of brands and it is good to know that these are available, at a price, in India.
I find a few dealers in India to be box shifters and from the profile and set up of these dealers I am very hopeful that they are not one of them.

The Entry Level B/S Speaker is @ 20/- K Euro.
The 'D' version is @ 28/- K Euro.
The prices in India are to start @ Rs. 20/- Lacs ++ for the cheapest Raidho Speaker.

:eek::sad::mad::lol::indifferent14:

...okay...I just went through the 5 stages of grief there...now I'm sorted...not sure if all my spare organs put together can suffice...

But I concur with most of what's being said, most of these box-pushers would not even make eye contact with you if you are not 'dressed' for the occasion...but on the flip side I have met a couple of folks (Sridhar and Prithvi come to mind) who invite you to come listen to good stuff even if you cannot afford one...just to give you a reference...guess it takes all kinds to make the world...

Not sure their of their attitude in person, but I have to say that this is the only dealer in the country who believes in responding to e-mails promptly. I have communicated with them a few times on PS audio/Kimber products and got e-mails back within an hour. Nice to deal with someone who knows what email means and how it works in the country which is the IT backoffice of the globe;). 90% of dealers do not even respond to e-mails and I suspect that do not know how to, or feel that only by talking to a person they can deal. The rest 10% are very slow, taking upto 3-4 days to respond.
Cheers,
Sid

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back