About the DAC:
This unit is the Premium model made on a pine wood block (no casing). Its a non oversampling DAC based upon Philips 1541 chips built by DIY genius Mr. Peter Daniel from Canada. If you visit diyaudio, he'd be known very well there. It is limited to 16 bit/48kHz as a result. However this DAC has no Digital or Analog input or output filters. This gives a stunningly clean midrange with no artifacts. The sound is very smooth and as close to analog as possible. NOS DACs have a fan following all over the world and for good reason.
This is a fully maxed out version of the PD DAC. You'd ask why you should pay more than the DIY kit version which retails for $300. Here's why!
This is fully assembled with very good fit and finish
- The DIY kit only comes with two critical caps as Black Gates. This one comes with all Black Gate and Black Gate NX caps everywhere. Only two tiny caps at the input stage are Sanyo OS-CON.
- The DIY kit comes with a passive resistor ladder of Rikens. This one has super high end 1% tolerance Caddocks. These resistors themselves are almost 5$ each.
- AFAIK, the DIY kit's output stage is completely passive. This one has an active line driver at the output and it outputs a proper 2V.
Some reviews and related links:
- 6moons audio reviews: Audio Zone System
- 6moons audio reviews: AudioZone DAC Follow-Up
- 6moons audio reviews: Audio Zone, CryoClear & Omega Loudspeakers
- Audiosector USB DAC - diyAudio
About the Soundcard:
You can get an idea by looking at the details below:
- EMU O4O4 E-MU 0404 Digital Audio System EMU Sound Card E-MU 0404 1212M 1820 1820M Emulator X Emulator XS EMU 0404 EMU 1212M EMU 1820 EMU 1820M EMU Emulator X EMU Emulator XS (E-MU) EMU O4O4
- Emu 0404
- DISC E-MU 0404 24/192 Audio Card PCI at Gear4Music.com
Some mandate bullet points:
- Asking Price: 20k and no low ballers please!!
- Ownership history: 2nd owner
- Condition: Cosmetics: 7.5/10, functionally: 10/10
- Reason for Sale: Shifting to USB Dac to use with laptop and Mac
- Original box available: No
- Age: Approx 2.5 yrs (with me since Sep12)
- Shipping anywhere in India: Possible. However, local pickup is always first preference!
Feel free to contact me over PM if you have any question and I would try to answer soonest possible.
BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!
Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.
- Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
- Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
- Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
- The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
- Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
- Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
- It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
- Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
- Do your research on comparative prices for the product.
- Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
- Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
- Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
- Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
- Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.