• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Audio Zone DAC -1

HiFiMART.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

subhobh

Offering my Audio Zone DAC -1 (Audio Zone DAC-1) with an EMU-0404M internal PCI soundcard for sale!!!

About the DAC:
This unit is the Premium model made on a pine wood block (no casing). Its a non oversampling DAC based upon Philips 1541 chips built by DIY genius Mr. Peter Daniel from Canada. If you visit diyaudio, he'd be known very well there. It is limited to 16 bit/48kHz as a result. However this DAC has no Digital or Analog input or output filters. This gives a stunningly clean midrange with no artifacts. The sound is very smooth and as close to analog as possible. NOS DACs have a fan following all over the world and for good reason.

This is a fully maxed out version of the PD DAC. You'd ask why you should pay more than the DIY kit version which retails for $300. Here's why!
This is fully assembled with very good fit and finish
  • The DIY kit only comes with two critical caps as Black Gates. This one comes with all Black Gate and Black Gate NX caps everywhere. Only two tiny caps at the input stage are Sanyo OS-CON.
  • The DIY kit comes with a passive resistor ladder of Rikens. This one has super high end 1% tolerance Caddocks. These resistors themselves are almost 5$ each.
  • AFAIK, the DIY kit's output stage is completely passive. This one has an active line driver at the output and it outputs a proper 2V.
Do not fall for the looks of this DAC. There's a reason why it sits on wood - the designer of the DAC feels that's the best it sounds on. I can safely say this will beat any digital source within 50k in tonal purity, liquid mid range and smoothness.

Some reviews and related links:

About the Soundcard:
You can get an idea by looking at the details below:
The original price of the Dac was 35k @ARN System, Bangalore and the current selling price of EMU- 0404 sound card is approx $100. If I club them both, it should go slightly above 40k in total, whereas I am offering both at 50% of the cost, which is 20k!! Isnt a good deal:eek:hyeah:??

Some mandate bullet points:

• Asking Price: 20k and no low ballers please:)!!
  • Ownership history: 2nd owner
  • Condition: Cosmetics: 7.5/10, functionally: 10/10
  • Reason for Sale: Shifting to USB Dac to use with laptop and Mac
  • Original box available: No
  • Shipping anywhere in India: Possible. However, local pickup is always first preference!

Feel free to contact me over PM if you have any question and I would try to answer soonest possible.

BUYING, SELLING or TRADING indicates your automatic and mandatory acceptance of HiFiVISION.COM Trading Rules and Guidelines!

Do not blindly trust every seller or buyer! Protect yourself by following the below safe trading tips.

Safety Tips

For Buyers

1. Always meet the seller at a safe location and inspect the item before purchasing. Following this one rule will help you avoid most scams.
  2. Watch out for unrealistic offers. If it appears too good to be true, it probably is. Unrealistic offers are used to motivate purchasers to make hasty decisions.
  3. Always verify the seller's credentials. Ask the seller to provide a photo ID and proof of address.
  4. The best way to transact is to collect the item and pay at the same time. Never transfer funds or use a debit/credit/atm card to pay someone you do not know before collecting an item.
  5. Ask for clear information on condition of the item, price, payment and delivery method.
  6. Use only those payment methods that you trust and are familiar with. Never give out your financial information.
  7. It is recommended to purchase items directly from the seller.
  8. Always test the functioning of the item before purchase.
  9. Do your research on comparative prices for the product.

For Sellers

1. Try to take the full payment at the time of the delivery. Remember to use a safe location to meet.
  2. Watch out for fake currency and money orders. Be aware that banks will not honour fake currency/money order and will hold you responsible for it.
  3. Verify the buyer’s credentials if necessary.
  4. Ensure that your product meets the features you list in your ad to avoid any misunderstanding with the buyer.
  5. Do not share your financial information except the one required for payment.
Status
Not open for further replies.