Audiophile Optical Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaSh

Hi,

Is there any such thing as an audiophile Optical Cable? Yes or No, please suggest a good quality optical cable. I am open to a Used cable too.

I have used Amazon basics and bluerigger. Looking for something better.

MaSh

Hi Mash

Lifatec optical cables are well regarded. You can read about them online. I have a brand new lifatec toslink to toslink 20 inch optical cable which i had ordered from the US.

The cable got ordered by mistake instead of the toslink to miniplug cable which i had actually wanted. Cable is brand new and just opened and tested.
Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers

Harry.

Wow, 3 Votes for Lifatec. Any India link from where I can pick one?

The cable got ordered by mistake instead of the toslink to miniplug cable which i had actually wanted. Cable is brand new and just opened and tested.
Let me know if you are interested.

Please PM me.

MaSh

+1 for Lifatec..
Best optical cable I've used.
Look for Glass optical cable instead of Plastic Fiber ones, Folding or twisting is tough with Glass ones!

Any India link for this cable? Which other cables easily available in India can do an equally good job?

MaSh

Due to popularity, there are a number of duplicate lifatecs online. Buy from authorised dealer only.

Once did a comparison of optical cables. There was hardly any difference noticable between the cables irrespective of the price. However between plastic and glass cables, the glass sounded better again irrespective of the price point. I would suggest go for glass, they will be a bit hard to handle due to stiffness.

However if there is an option to take the coaxial route, I would prefer that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Once did a comparison of optical cables. There was hardly any difference noticable between the cables irrespective of the price. However between plastic and glass cables, the glass sounded better again irrespective of the price point. I would suggest go for glass, they will be a bit hard to handle due to stiffness.

However if there is an option to take the coaxial route, I would prefer that.

However
Is there any diff in optical and coaxial performance?

Unfortunately Optical is the only option I have. I need two cables in two separate setups. I already have a Bluetigger and it's working, how good or bad, I don't know. The only comparison I had was amazon basics and I preferred the bluerigger. So now I need another cable which is for the music chain, hence wondering if there is a cable better than the one I have at a reasonable cost. If none, I'll just order another bluerigger.

MaSh

Unfortunately Optical is the only option I have. I need two cables in two separate setups. I already have a Bluetigger and it's working, how good or bad, I don't know. The only comparison I had was amazon basics and I preferred the bluerigger. So now I need another cable which is for the music chain, hence wondering if there is a cable better than the one I have at a reasonable cost. If none, I'll just order another bluerigger.

MaSh
If you go looking for differences, you will find some..
If you ask your better half to swap the two (or not), you will probably still hear a difference whether she swapped or not :)

If you ask me, both BR and amazonbasics make good quality optical cables , can't go wrong with either

MaSh

You can also check out Mediabridge optical cable on Amazon. I am using their subwoofer ultra series cable & seems good so far for the price.

If you go looking for differences, you will find some..
If you ask your better half to swap the two (or not), you will probably still hear a difference whether she swapped or not :)

If you ask me, both BR and amazonbasics make good quality optical cables , can't go wrong with either

Bluerigger feels better in hand and is slightly less harsher than the Amazon basics cable.
You can also check out Mediabridge optical cable on Amazon. I am using their subwoofer ultra series cable & seems good so far for the price.

Oh yes that's a good option too. I use their interconnects and they sound fine.

MaSh

Bluerigger feels better in hand and is slightly less harsher than the Amazon basics cable.

Oh yes that's a good option too. I use their interconnects and they sound fine.

MaSh
Please check - profigold and audioquest . All the best sir. With regards. Vinayaka. Wishing you happy teachers day

Please check - profigold and audioquest . All the best sir. With regards. Vinayaka. Wishing you happy teachers day
Audioquest seem to have good reviews. Are they available on Amazon India? Have you used either of them?

MaSh

Audioquest seem to have good reviews. Are they available on Amazon India? Have you used either of them?

MaSh
Profigold I am using for Marantz 6013. Very good

AUDIOQUEST - CINNAMON TOSLINK FULL SIZE (0.75m) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B006XC56HQ/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_1ZrCDbDTQS7YM

Profigold High Performance Fiber Optic Digital Audio Interconnect 2mtr PROL5602 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B007F903VA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_a2rCDb0VS44RY

I bought profigold from Jamstick online store located in Bangalore
Mobile-+91 99675 53013
Whatsup-95914 66633
www. Jamstick.com
They have both profigold and audioquest , monoprice, bandridge, valueline
All the best

Last edited by a moderator:
Profigold High Performance Fiber Optic Digital Audio Interconnect 2mtr PROL5602 https://www.amazon.in/dp/B007F903VA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_a2rCDb0VS44RY
I bought profigold optic cable from Jamstick online store located in Bangalore
Mobile-+91 99675 53013
Whatsup-95914 66633
www. Jamstick.com
They have both profigold and audioquest , monoprice, bandridge, valueline
All the best

Oh wow, thank you so much. Will surely explore these options. Jamsticks is in Bangalore I guess. Can go visit them. I think they are the dealers of QED too.

MaSh

Lifatec Optical cable is made from high quality glass ( which is what this cable should be made of) and or the price tbe best quality ( 120USD for 1 m)
I have preferred it to some serious Coax cables

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back