Audiophile setup at budget price

Good information on budget setup, however there could be other combinations as well which could be better in the same price.

For example, Marantz 5005 + Dali Z1

Thanks for the addition. Lets make this thread big and useful.

BTW: FIIO ALPEN 2 E17K product seems interesting for those amplifiers that do not have digital input. It has line out put for power amp interfacing.

Good article ; but Sadly, There's no mention of Chinese amps & mainly SMSL amps which have reasonably good SQ (from personal experience now :)) & unmatched VFM for a budget conscious audiophile...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Good article ; but Sadly, There's no mention of Chinese amps & mainly SMSL amps which have reasonably good SQ (from personal experience now :)) & unmatched VFM for a budget conscious audiophile...

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

That article is just starter. Members please share your information on budget speakers and amplifiers.

Last edited:
Just wantedt o share my 2 cents. I started this journey myself some 3 years back. After a lot of research I finalized on the Diamond 121s for their 5 star whathifi rating and amazingly warm mids. I paired it with a Cambridge Audio Azur 351 A because it is an integrated amp (with a Burr Brown dac) and so I did not have to purchase a dac separately. Later after a year or so, I got my hands on the Meridian Explorer v1 which is full bodied and neutral sounding. I think given the price I spent it was worth every penny.

What I feel is , one should also pay prime importance to the room acoustics because if you don't have diffusers/sound absorbers/heavy curtains and like wise, you wont get the best out of the setup as the reverbs are bound to occur.
I will put up my speakers and amp for sale soon though because I have to move to a foreign country.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back