Audtion for Denon X500 and BA Soundware xs 5.1

ajinkya.gohad

Hello guys,
I am planning on buying my first Home Theatre. But I'm stuck at this point where you have to make decisions. I need your suggestions for the same.
My budget is around 55-60k. The requirements being 50-50 movies and music. I read quite promising reviews for the Denon x500 and Boston Acoustics Soundaware XS 5.1 combo and I wish to audition those. Where can I do it in Pune or Mumbai. If anyone has the contact details of any dealer, can you please share it here?
Also, if you have suggestions regarding any other system within the budget for me, please reply.
Cheers.

Hi

MZ Audio at Bandra West in Mumbai is the authorised dealer for Bostons and you can audition the same there. There is another shop called Sound Out at Heera Panna at Haji Ali Mumbai where you can see other systems. At South Mumbai, you can visit FAIR DEAL near Crawford Market and demo the system.

Hope this helps.

Denon:
Profx- Mumbai
Ph: 022 65139936, 24813645, 65652646, 25652646, 09920636688
The Soundscape - Pune
PH: 020 25889828,098507 40469 / 09850740162

Boston Acoustics
Please visit the link MZ Audio Distribution

Mahavir Electronics Kothrud has Denon X500 but with Denon's Sys 5.1. Ask him if he has BA speakers. Else just audition X500 here and then goto Aundh.

The Soundscape - Aundh, Pune
PH: 020 25889828,098507 40469 / 09850740162

Last edited:
Fairdeal electronics has both on demo, so go there for the same.

Meet Imran regarding any queries that you might have wrt your requirements & such.

Do update the thread with your experience

:)

Thank you so much guys. I can visit the stores in Pune, since it is closer to where I live than Mumbai. Also, if anyone is already using this combo, can you please tell me the best price for these? My uncle is a Denon authorised distributor in Pune and he is offering me Denon X500 with VS 5.1 speakers at 44k. Is it a fair price?
And are the speakers good enough for the surround sound as well?

Thank you so much guys. I can visit the stores in Pune, since it is closer to where I live than Mumbai. Also, if anyone is already using this combo, can you please tell me the best price for these? My uncle is a Denon authorised distributor in Pune and he is offering me Denon X500 with VS 5.1 speakers at 44k. Is it a fair price?

44K is a very good price. You can seal the deal with him. I have paid 45.5K for the combo. Trust me these speakers are the best in this price range. Audition them and you'll get to know about their capability.

Regards,
B2

Good price. Please go for it.

No, not the BAs. He's giving me Denon VS 5.1 and Denon X500 for 44k. How about this combo? Or should I stick to the BAs?

Hi u can try Jamo S426HCS3 speaker (but it is around 26~27k)which is having floorstanding speaker (front) with out subwoofer.This is having some good reviews..but take an audition urself and decide .I don't know where it is available in Mumbai but hopefully with Reliance digital.

Hello all,
I checked the price for BAs. Soundscape, Pune and MZ Audio, Mumbai both quoted 32k for the speakers. Can you please tell me what is the difference between the BA XS5.1 and BA XS5.1 SE? The prices are 23.5k and 32k respectively (hifimart.com). Also, shall I go for the 8" subwoofer or the 10" one? The price difference is just 3k.
Also, what is the best price for Denon X500?

Specs remains the same. Only difference (High gloss) in the Finishing quality.Go for BAXS 5.1

Subwoofer - 8inch, 100W (250W Peak) is good enough for the room size 1200 to 1600 Cu ft.

There is another combo: Denon X500 with Denon Sys 5.1 speaker system and it is available at 36K at Mahavir Electronics Kothrud. I heard this combo and it is as good as Yamaha YHT 299.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back