AV Receiver and 5.1 Speaker Suggestion

funny

My budget is rs.70,000/- Indian Rupees. My basic uses of Home Theater is to watch and listen Movies & Musics at 5.1 Surround Sound effect in my Hall Room. size of the Hall Room is 200 sq.ft.

Some of the Yamaha Vendor is given me the solution of this below Models---
AV Receiver = HTR-3067.
Front Speaker = NS-8390 Floor Standing.
Center + Surround = NS-P51.
Subwoofer = YST-SW012.

Please give me the suggestion of What should I buy, Please suggest me the Model of AV Receiver and 5.1 Speaker which is available in Indian Market.

Although I have scrapped idea of Home theater completely and thinking of integrated amplifier for music and yes movies also. But I have done lot of research in the home theater area so I will try to answer your query.

1. Don't go for cheap HTR receiver. Get RXV series basic wireless networking receiver.

2. NS 8390 are good speakers. How much quote u got for this?

3. Big NO for YST-SW012. Because it is passive (i'm sure about this. If it is active pl. ignore this point) and you will not get satisfied with its bass response. Consider active subwoofer.

I wonder 70K is big amount still dealer trying to offer such a basic configuration. May be price is correct but what is effectivity of this configuration?

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. instead of yamaha what are the other models of AV Receiver and speakers which are in my budget. I am not looking for wireless AV Receiver.

for Woofer which model you are suggest me. budget around Rs.15K.

My budget is rs.70,000/- Indian Rupees. My basic uses of Home Theater is to watch and listen Movies & Musics at 5.1 Surround Sound effect in my Hall Room. size of the Hall Room is 200 sq.ft.

Please give me the suggestion of What should I buy, Please suggest me the Model of AV Receiver and 5.1 Speaker which is available in Indian Market.

That's an excellent budget you got. I would not pick any of those components. For receivers you could pick from Denon X series, Marantz NR series, etc. matched to speakers from Polk, Dali, Kef, etc. You could even start with getting a receiver and just a pair of stereo speakers. Build your system slowly as you understand your tastes and preferences.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

That's an excellent budget you got. I would not pick any of those components. For receivers you could pick from Denon X series, Marantz NR series, etc. matched to speakers from Polk, Dali, Kef, etc. You could even start with getting a receiver and just a pair of stereo speakers. Build your system slowly as you understand your tastes and preferences.

I disagree with your suggestions
While INR 70,000 is a very substantial sum of money, in case of hifi components, it is unfortunately not enough
For a full 5.1 system with floorstanders (as wanted by the original poster), with the brands you suggested (Dali/KEF), it would be easily be 1.5L+

Only the entry level Polk TSX 330 package is for 76k without an AVR.
Adding the cheapest Denon X520 @ 39k, even with 10% discount it is 1L+

If you can get the Pioneer Andrew Jones set while stock lasts, you can get a very well rated speaker system for 60k (it seems to be still available at HT Store)
Pioneer AJ-5235XT (5.1ch Speakers)

For the original poster
If you are inflexible with your budget, then you would have to look at lesser well known products
Please look at 5.1 packages at
India's audio video home theatre and hi-fi shopping mart
The Home Theater Store
to get an idea of what fits in your budget

You can then either reduce your specifications or increase your budget

Will you mind going for grey market....you definitely gonna save sum good money....in tight budget Taga Harmony speakers are good option.

AV Receiver = HTR-3067.
Subwoofer = YST-SW012.

I see that you are in Jamshedpur. so probably not much scope of audition. In 70k with floorstanders 5.1 pack, I would suggest taga harmony tav 506 5.0 pack plus either denon x520 or yamaha rxv 481 or marantz nr1506. The denon is cheaper but with Bluetooth only. The other two are wifi and airplay enabled. The floor standers will give decent bass for now. Later add a subwoofer when budget permits.

If hifimart supplies to Jamshedpur, that is a good option. Else you can contact auditro hifi at Kolkata who deals with taga and marantz.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I disagree with your suggestions
While INR 70,000 is a very substantial sum of money, in case of hifi components, it is unfortunately not enough
For a full 5.1 system with floorstanders (as wanted by the original poster), with the brands you suggested (Dali/KEF), it would be easily be 1.5L+

Oh did he mention he needs only floor standers? I see that mentioned only for the quote he got.

In my opinion the brands I mentioned would give a better experience than the components he has got the quote of.

MaSh

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

AV Receiver = HTR-3067.
Subwoofer = YST-SW012.

As many forum members suggested, you can find something better in your budget.
You should start by splitting your budget for different components, may be like this:
AVR: 25-30K, Yamaha, Pioneer, Denon have various entry level AVRs in this range
5 Speakers: 25K, Taga have 5.0 speaker packages in this range including front Floorstands
Sub: 17 - 20K, Taga, Polk & Sonodyne have Sub in this range
Cables: 2-3K, 14 or 16 AWG speaker cables

You can also look for pre-owned AVRs which may give you better value.

AV Receiver = HTR-3067.

Subwoofer = YST-SW012.

If you don't want floorstanders I would suggest you check Polk audio TL1600 system. It is a 5.1 system set and comes for 42k msrp which you can further negotiate if you are buying from dealer.

I got my receiver from a dealer from chennai who imports it from Malaysia for cheaper price than market. If you want his details please PM me. I am happy with my receiver so far. He also sells taga harmony speakers with warranty so you can check for his prices.

Thanks,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me add my few cents to your confusion :)

As soon as you buy a low end AVR, you will start regretting your decision. Unfortunately upgradation of an AVR will hit your pockets very bad, so invest in a decent AVR. Pioneer, Denon and Marantz have good ones in 35-40 k range. See hifimart.com for more choices and details..

once you fix your AVR, go for a good center stage + decent book shelf speakers to start with. Polk audio, wharfdale, BA etc has excellent stuffs in that range. Spend around 15k for a pair of LR and another 15k for a decent center channel. You will have to shell another 5-10k for cables/HDMI etc

In the long run once you have enough budget, go for good floor standers and a good subwoofer. At that time you can use your bookshelves as surrounds to make it complete 5.1 HT.
To sum it up, dont try to fit everything in your budget but purchase the best you can within that budget and expand later when you have enough moolah... :) If you dont want to take huge risks for your money, stay away from grey market where you do not get a warranty.
Enjoy your HT journey

Last edited:
Nice suggestions.

However, if he is buying a subwoofer, then buying floorstander speakers is not needed. Decent bookshelf will do very fine. Save money and let subwoofer do the job of playing bass.

"Funnily" the original poster seems to have disappeared :)

Sent from my STV100-3 using Tapatalk

At this point of time I could suggest go for amp and two speakers first. Live with them keep patience and gradually increment your speakers like center and surround. Specially if you are in tight budget. Don't buy anything in hurry as you will regret later. Also I hate HTIB , go for separate components. I'm still collecting money for Polk's center and surround. Now I'm also in a need of stereo amp for music. After listening with 5.1 AVR I can say they are not good for music. Agreed with ISO.

Sent from my 0PJA2 using Tapatalk

Dear friend, it's true that if you go for cheap components, you will suddenly look for upgradation. So within the budget of 70K, go for decent AVR which will last for atleast next five years. Initially for speakers, go for Satellite Subwoofer system from Polk,JBL etc. So that you can enjoy full 5.1 surround sound. Later on upgrade front and center speaker than surround and lastly Subwoofer. It will take 3 to 5 yrs. Till date your AVR will become old enough to upgrade.Now you will be able sell your old AVR and Satellite Subwoofer system to get initial fund for latest AVR. In this hi-fi journey you will get enough time to upgrade for quality speakers and AVR without sacrificing your existing urg of surround sound.

Sent from my Le X507 using Tapatalk

Re: Bookshelves and Center Speaker?

So invest in a decent AVR. Pioneer, Denon and Marantz have good ones in 35-40 k range. See hifimart.com for more choices and details..

once you fix your AVR, go for a good center stage + decent book shelf speakers to start with. Polk audio, wharfdale, BA etc has excellent stuffs in that range. Spend around 15k for a pair of LR and another 15k for a decent center channel. You will have to shell another 5-10k for cables/HDMI etc

Could you suggest some good book shelves and center speaker, so that I can source the same from US to be used in India?

Later, I can source the AVR and subwoofer from India to this mix.

I'm still collecting money for Polk's center and surround.

Could you name the polk center and surround, you are looking at?

Can someone guide good source to purchase avr and speakers?

I know ..hifimart..

Where to get pre owned avr ?

I am actually looking for low budget avr in about 40 to 45 k only is it possible?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Can someone guide good source to purchase avr and speakers?

I know ..hifimart..

Where to get pre owned avr ?

I am actually looking for low budget avr in about 40 to 45 k only is it possible?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi,

If 40-45k is your budget then why you are looking for pre-owned AV receiver. With this budget you can buy new ATMOS enable receiver such as DENON x1200 or x1300 (after discount price would be around 43k), Yamaha RX-V581(after 18% discount price would be around 43k). Even Onkyo 444.

Thanks,
Sujit

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back