AV Receiver in Singapore

prakashjam24x7

Hi Experts,

can anyone suggest me a GOOD AV RECEIVER within 550SGD$

I am from India. i will be in singapore from Dec25th to Jan3ed.

I am planning to get a AV receiver within 550SGD$ (20~25k Rs). mainly iam looking for a AV Receiver with HDMI Upscaling feature in it. i do have a 42inch FULL HDTV.

also from where to buy it?:(

PS: Customs shall be taken care off...not a problem :).

Also my living room is not very big. 5.1 or 7.1 system shall also suffice if it falls inside the budget and i do not require the speakrs as i will get good ones from India itself.

I do not have much time to spend shopping as i am occupied with other tasks over there...your suggestions will be highly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Thanks in Advance.
Regards,
Prakash.

Last edited:
You can go to Funan MALL. Find all ur Needs..
AVR - You can go for YAMAHA vsx-571 / Denon 1612 / Pioneer vsx-521

check this thread. The discussions were not specific to avrs but some suggestions on places to buy from singapore[URL="http://hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/22516-heading-singapore-what-purchase.html#post314686"/URL]

Hi Experts,

thanks for the reply. does Yamaha RX-V571 comes under 550SGD. do let me know where can i get it for that price. in online its 799sgd :(.

THis particular AV receiver has Upscalling feature as well.

waiting for your reply

Prakash.

what are the return policies and how unfriendly they become when it comes to return/ exchange in case of an issue?

prakash - please find out pricing for previous gen AVRs like
marantz 5005, 6005 and 7005
yamaha rx a 1000, 2000, 3000
nad AVRs.

hmm

really
you wont know till you actaully get there
you will realise they are letting off old stock at almost 30-35% discounts
Take those deals

Adelphi is a bit high end however there is a shop on the first floor that always has good deals on marantz( i.e old stock)
Cheaper malls are SimLim

hmm

really
you wont know till you actaully get there
you will realise they are letting off old stock at almost 30-35% discounts
Take those deals

Adelphi is a bit high end however there is a shop on the first floor that always has good deals on marantz( i.e old stock)
Cheaper malls are SimLim

First Floor in Slim Lim / Adelphi?? Do you know the shop name?

Simlim has shops everywhere
theres one nice little shop on the ground floor in the corner having vintage stuff and taiwanese tube amps
those tube amps can be had for a song!

the marantz deals were at 1st floor Adelphi
You should note however that since adelphi is into higher end stuff you may find more 2 channel equipment there rather than multichannel

All right GUys,

I called up stores in Adelphi Singapore and enquired about the price of AV Receivers in SINGAPORE.
here is the list
Today Date: 23Dec2011
Denon 1612 - 549 to 550 SGD (Inc Tax and everything)
Denon 1912 - 820SGD (Inc Tax and everything)
Onkyo NR509 - 550SGD (Inc Tax and everything)
Onkyo NR609 - 750SGD (Inc Tax and everything)

Above are the rates quoted by KEC and ALpha from Adelphi SIngapore.

I am not able to get price of Yamaha RX V571. i want to buy this. no one is selling YAmaha in singapore :(

Regards,
Senthilprakash.

Try Denon at half the Indian price at Alpha Audio,Adelphi.

What half pricing you referred , give some idea to forum ?????
Singapore is no more preferred desitination for buying audiophile products due to SGD application ....better buy equipment from locally India gives you value and satisfaction .

If you change your mond and wanna buy a LED instead of AVR.
Last week, my friend bought and got a 40" LED Samsung 5 Series to India from Mustafa Market for approx. Rs.30,000/-, Customs (Rs.200) :lol:

For led and LCD you can consider Sargam electronics India they gave you best pricing , I know the local Indian guys who handling Samsung stall in Singapore , hardly 3 or 4k difference and some models pricing even cheaper in India so buying tv , electronics stuff nowadays not make any sense in Singapore because of SGD appriciations against Rs.

Last edited:
Senthilprakash,
Which AVR did you buy finally? I am planning to buy either AVR or speakers. Was there a huge diff between pricing between India and Singapore. Any issues with customs?

Senthilprakash,
Which AVR did you buy finally? I am planning to buy either AVR or speakers. Was there a huge diff between pricing between India and Singapore. Any issues with customs?

I bought quite a lot of my equipment from sg. prices are a lot cheaper than India.
If you are travelling alone and carry down one AVR, customs should not trouble you too much and will let u pass.
However if you are carrying multiple electronics , like AVR, speakers. etc . be ready to shell out some dough.
you are allowed officially to carry up to Rs25k worth of goods into India without paying customs anything over the figure custom duty applies

Now you can carry stuff of 35k instead of 25k without paying custom duty...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back