AVR Denon 2313 + Samsung LED + TataSky HD Plus Audio Connection issue.

mek

Hello , I have the denon avr 2313. TataSky HD PLus, Samsung LED.
I am confused I have read some people are telling me to use HDMI to connect and get 7.1 if it exist with tata sky. SOme people are telling me use HDMI for video or use Optical or coaxial for the sound from tata sky to avr.

So what should I use to get best results and which has worked for you?
When I installed Tatasky Plus HD a while back the tech engineer was told by his boss that ask customers to use optical not HDMI. That was in 2011 now its 2012 any updates? My receiver coming in today! :D

1) AVR to TataSky - HDMI ?
2) AVR to TataSky - HDMI with coaxial sound ?
3) AVR to TataSky - HDMI with optical sound ?
:sad:

Rgd,
Mek

Tatasky HD >> HDMI >>TV
Tatasky HD >> Optical or coax >>AVR

Why - You may to need to keep AVR ON when those cheap serials are playing at prime time.

^ perfectly said...
however a hdmi from tatasky to avr...and hdmi from avr to tv..will work best in true hd channels..like star movie hd and will give you real 5.1 sound...no true 7.1...

Tatasky HD >> HDMI >>TV
Tatasky HD >> Optical or coax >>AVR

Why - You may to need to keep AVR ON when those cheap serials are playing at prime time.

What's the advantage of Tatasky HD >> Optical or coax >>AVR over Tatasky HD>> HDMI>>AVR>>HDMI>>LED

What's the advantage of Tatasky HD >> Optical or coax >>AVR over Tatasky HD>> HDMI>>AVR>>HDMI>>LED

Optical or coax >>AVR - You are splitting the sound directly to the AVR as against the HDMI route which will add one more stage to the conversion/split in signal. I have not checked out difference in the SQ. However if you have an AVR, I think it is best to take both Video & sound on a single HDMI and keep things simple without compromising quality. That is what the AVR is meant to be.. one single point of interface !

no significant sound difference from a channel...but coax gives you freedom not to turn on your avr while watching crappy saas bahu serieals....as i watch only movie channel so only hdmi route is very feasible for me.no need of optical or coax

Thanks for clarifying guys. "HDMI through" can also help, but it'll require the amp to be in the "stand by" mode.

I can't imagine listening to anything without my speakers and the amp. In fact, i don't mind my wife watching her serials, since she has also grown fond of the sound.

To me, listening to TV speakers is going back to dark ages.

Last edited:
best is then hdmi from tatasky hdmi out to avr hdmi in.
and from avr hdmi out to tv hdmi in.
no need of anything else.
tatasky hd the DD sound is in hdmi by default.still if not getting check by tatasky remote setting whther the sound is in hdmi or in optical selected...select it via hdmi
you will enjoy the DD logo in hd channels in avr display

no significant sound difference from a channel...but coax gives you freedom not to turn on your avr while watching crappy saas bahu serieals....as i watch only movie channel so only hdmi route is very feasible for me.no need of optical or coax

And if your TV supports ARC and AVR has Audio passthrough which the 2313 has; HDMI route should be just good enough to provide you flexibility to keep the AVR in standby mode while watching TV serials and audio thru TV speakers..

I recently bought Denon AVR S730H and brought from US to India. I am facing trouble where other devices works fine with AVR except TataSky. For ex, this works fine.

TataSky -> HDMI -> TV
Apple TV -> HDMI -> TV
Apple TV -> HDMI -> AVR -> HDMI -> TV

But neither of this combination works for Tata Sky and shows me distorted video & poor audio-

TataSky -> HDMI -> AVR -> HDMI -> TV
TataSky -> HDMI -> TV && TV (ARC HDMI) -> AVR

I don't have an optical cable at present to check that option but my guess is it might not work as well.

Please suggest if it worked for you straight forward or if you did any frequency matching.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back