AVR suggestions

Michelangalo

Hi,

I need advise in selecting a receiver, one is 7.2 ch receiver and other is 9.2 ch. Currently the pricing is same for both. I wont be building a 5.1.4 setup now but considering 9.2 ch receiver will be future proof if I want to expand.

I want suggestion regarding which one would be a best amplifier in terms of sound amplification quality, power and hardware wise.
(FYI it will be powering RTi a5 to start with)

1. Denon AVR- X2600H - 7.2 ch
2. Pioneer VSX-LX303 9.2-Ch AV Receiver with Dolby Atmos / Pioneer VSX-LX304 9.2-ch Network AV Receiver

IMHO, pioneer used to be good but not any more. My experience with denon too hasn’t been great. You can have a listen to Yamaha, it has a great soundstage. With regards to number of channels, it’s better to go for a higher one to be future proof. Another thing you may like to consider is the number of Pre-outs, if this hobby catches on you, eventually you’re gonna be thinking on getting dedicated power amplifiers at least for the front channels (LCR). Then those Pre outs are gonna come handy. No receiver has enough power to drive all channels satisfactorily.

Maranta SR6013/6014 should be on your audition list. These receivers are about finesse than brute power. They are 9.2 channel, and have sufficient pre outs for a future upgrade path.

IMHO, pioneer used to be good but not any more. My experience with denon too hasn’t been great. You can have a listen to Yamaha, it has a great soundstage. With regards to number of channels, it’s better to go for a higher one to be future proof. Another thing you may like to consider is the number of Pre-outs, if this hobby catches on you, eventually you’re gonna be thinking on getting dedicated power amplifiers at least for the front channels (LCR). Then those Pre outs are gonna come handy. No receiver has enough power to drive all channels satisfactorily.

I was looking for a receiver with pre-outs but a decent receiver with pre-out options starts above 1 lakhs and it's out my budget. My budget is up to 60K for the receiver.

Maranta SR6013/6014 should be on your audition list. These receivers are about finesse than brute power. They are 9.2 channel, and have sufficient pre outs for a future upgrade path.

The lowest cost I have seen for Maranta SR6013/6014 is 1.2 lakhs. it's twice the budget :(

I decided to go with Denon AVR-X2600H and Polk RTi A7. A dealer has quoted me 1.1 lakhs for this package.
I think this the beast deal I can get as one of the online retailer quoted me 1.14 lakhs for Rti A5 and Denon AVR- X2600H which is a lower series.

Thank you for all the suggestions

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back