AVR switching off on its own

Paddy

I have a PC to AVR to TV. All via HDMI. My problems is sometimes after PC and AVR on, then I switch on the TV, the AVR will switch itself off. Sometimes after switching off AVR wall outlet and switching back AVR on, AVR stays on. Sometimes problem is only settled after I reboot the PC. Some days the AVR stays on without any problem. I am using a Xiaomi Redmin A55 4K 55in and Yamaha RX V367. What is the problem?

There is possibility that TV may causing surge or DC. If arc is on, then also it may happen.

I have a PC to AVR to TV. All via HDMI. My problems is sometimes after PC and AVR on, then I switch on the TV, the AVR will switch itself off. Sometimes after switching off AVR wall outlet and switching back AVR on, AVR stays on. Sometimes problem is only settled after I reboot the PC. Some days the AVR stays on without any problem. I am using a Xiaomi Redmin A55 4K 55in and Yamaha RX V367. What is the problem?
Disconnect the PC and check if the receiver is still misbehaving. Could be a power issue in the PC.

MaSh

Try only tv and avr. Try to find which one it is. Are all components sharing the same power outlet?

MaSh
Tv and avr only, avr ok. Avr and pc only, avr also ok. Everything shares one power source through a surge protector

Try connecting the PC to the tv and tv to avr in Arc mode. Does that also switch off the avr?

MaSh

HDMI 2 does have ARC written on it. I have tried HDMI 2 but still same issue
Hmm so even with arc the receiver shut off? I guess that's all the options we have. Maybe get the receiver checked for any issues.

MaSh

Hi Paddy ,
Kindly check if you get a slight buzz while touching the PC , the AvR and TV are both 2 wire systems without option for earth while the PC is a 3 wire system with earthing , if the earthing on the PC side is not correctly done you will see a significant voltage on the gnd and might interfere with operation of the connected devices.

Regards
Aniket Das

Hi Paddy ,
Kindly check if you get a slight buzz while touching the PC , the AvR and TV are both 2 wire systems without option for earth while the PC is a 3 wire system with earthing , if the earthing on the PC side is not correctly done you will see a significant voltage on the gnd and might interfere with operation of the connected devices.

Regards
Aniket Das
No buzz from pc. Just tried something just yesterday. I switch on pc and avr. Let it on for a few minutes. Then on tv. Avr stays on. Guess I have to let the pc starts windows fully before i can on the tv.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back