Avr to go along with old speakers

rayvonnee

I just came across my old sony system. It is SONY MHC-VX77. I wanted to use the Front Speakers SS-VX77. Also The Sattelite Speakers Along With My New AVR(NOT YET PURCHASED). Do you Guys Feel That these speakers are any good. Also I will be buying Separates Later on.
Just For Now I want to use these ones later I will be purchasing a new speaker System. What 5.1ch AVR do you guys suggest me. BUDGET FOR AVR: Not More Than INR.20000. This is the link for the manual of the VX77.
Download your SONY MHC-VX77 user guide or user manual. Please Guide me. New To Home Theater.
Im ready for a grey market reciever as long as the product works fine.

The Sony bookshelves can work for now to start with, but do definitely get quality fronts later, switch these to the rear, and perhaps finally phase these out completely. That is exactly how I proceeded. The Sony's are by no means bad speakers, but when you do switch to other well known brands (Wharfedale, Polk, MS, Dali and many many others), you will find the difference in SQ startling. I added two Sonodyne bookshelves and the improvement in SQ can not be overestimated.
The Sony's likely have 6 Ohm impedance, most AVRs will be compatible with them. You are not going to get a new AVR in 20K unfortunately. My advise would be to look for used gear from trusted sources, one or the other turns up in the forum from time to time look out for those, or increase your budget to 25K to buy a new AVR.

The Sony bookshelves can work for now to start with, but do definitely get quality fronts later, switch these to the rear, and perhaps finally phase these out completely. That is exactly how I proceeded. The Sony's are by no means bad speakers, but when you do switch to other well known brands (Wharfedale, Polk, MS, Dali and many many others), you will find the difference in SQ startling. I added two Sonodyne bookshelves and the improvement in SQ can not be overestimated.
The Sony's likely have 6 Ohm impedance, most AVRs will be compatible with them. You are not going to get a new AVR in 20K unfortunately. My advise would be to look for used gear from trusted sources, one or the other turns up in the forum from time to time look out for those, or increase your budget to 25K to buy a new AVR.
I have got a quote for Harman/Kardon AVR 70 For Rs. 21500. Is this a good buy

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back