Awesome custom made Surround sound system

Hello ,
I am kedar Patkar from Gargoti.
I just installed custom made Surround sound system created by A sound Engineer Mr. Ravi Desai , Loacted at Kolhapur. Believe me its just awesome. No need to go for Dolby Atmos and such expensive things. Felling like I am seating at Multiplex. What a precision work.

Welcome Mr. Kedar to hifivision forum.
By the way what was your Hi-fi set up previously ? Can you please let us know how do you recommend us to do away with "Dolby Atmos and all such expensive things". If you have experienced a good set up before then your comparison can be acceptable.
With due regards to Mr. Desai and his innovative product which I am yet to get an opportunity to listen to as I have already having one AVR.
Thanks.

I am not HT expert nor I am doubting Mr. Desai's capabilities

But how can there be an alternative to Atmos ?

If I am not wrong the processor detects if atnost sound track is there , then it has capability to decode it and send signals to different channels

Then only one can hear soundtrack the way the sound engineer of the movie wantwd us to

How can we have something that can replicate a certain surround format and get same information ?

Welcome Mr. Kedar to hifivision forum.
By the way what was your Hi-fi set up previously ? Can you please let us know how do you recommend us to do away with "Dolby Atmos and all such expensive things". If you have experienced a good set up before then your comparison can be acceptable.
With due regards to Mr. Desai and his innovative product which I am yet to get an opportunity to listen to as I have already having one AVR.
Thanks.
Hello,
Mr.Sanjeev
I have a created a home theater with 130" fix screen . Before that I have visited several showrooms. There I compared all the audio systems available in the Market. Even I go through Dolby Atmos also. But only loud audio and big bass is the out come. In my home theater I wanted a sound system which will produce crystal clear Music and Dialogues. After that I come to know about Mr.Ravindra desai's own product . He showed me his set up. That includes one true Rms receiver , one sub woofer , one center speaker and 2 surround speakers. When I listen the sound believe me my all search for the Excellent sound system comes to an end. If you want to experience what I am saying you should visit Mr.Desai once. Or you can visit to my place also.
Thanks.

I am not HT expert nor I am doubting Mr. Desai's capabilities

But how can there be an alternative to Atmos ?

If I am not wrong the processor detects if atnost sound track is there , then it has capability to decode it and send signals to different channels

Then only one can hear soundtrack the way the sound engineer of the movie wantwd us to

How can we have something that can replicate a certain surround format and get same information ?
Hello,

I have a created a home theater with 130" fix screen . Before that I have visited several showrooms. There I compared all the audio systems available in the Market. Even I go through Dolby Atmos also. But only loud audio and big bass is the out come. In my home theater I wanted a sound system which will produce crystal clear Music and Dialogues. After that I come to know about Mr.Ravindra desai's own product . He showed me his set up. That includes one true Rms receiver , one sub woofer , one center speaker and 2 surround speakers. When I listen the sound believe me my all search for the Excellent sound system comes to an end. If you want to experience what I am saying you should visit Mr.Desai once. Or you can visit to my place also.
Thanks.

Hello,

Thanks.
May be within your budget it may not fit as per your expectation.
But i dont believe your system puts out all high end branded flush into water.IMO.
Your taste might be bright with bit of tonal quality.
Happy listening.
Taste differs person to person.
Whats ur complete setup costs.?

But i dont believe your system puts out all high end branded flush into water.IMO.
Happy listening.
With all due respect, How can you judge a book without even looking at the cover, let alone read it? I am as skeptical about Mr.Desai's system, but then I should not be quick to judge it without listening.
Some DIY stuff on our own forum have had magnificent results, which probably costs 1/10th of the price of a similar specification. So I look at Mr.Desai's product as a DIY and not a branded one. Perhaps the OP was too eager to express his opinion and did not word it correctly in his first post.
I think over time if we all get the opportunity to listen to this system, we can build our own opinions just the way we have opinions on branded stuff.
Peace out.

Happy listening.
It's not necessary to put high cost to listen stunning sound quality. I was also been curious to listen what quality sound expensive systems actually produce . My system costs me around 40,000/- . I am sharing my experience here. If you want to experience what I am trying to say you have to visit my Home Cinema.
Thanks.

With all due respect, How can you judge a book without even looking at the cover, let alone read it? I am as skeptical about Mr.Desai's system, but then I should not be quick to judge it without listening.
Some DIY stuff on our own forum have had magnificent results, which probably costs 1/10th of the price of a similar specification. So I look at Mr.Desai's product as a DIY and not a branded one. Perhaps the OP was too eager to express his opinion and did not word it correctly in his first post.
I think over time if we all get the opportunity to listen to this system, we can build our own opinions just the way we have opinions on branded stuff.
Peace out.
So if you really wanted to experience what i am saying if possible come to my place

Last edited by a moderator:
Pictures and details please.

Demo of sound system of Mr. Ravi Desai was impressive because it is simple to use, we get surround seperation from any source like pen drive, bluetooth, STB, Bluray player, volume adjustment not required often, very reasonable price, very robust, sound is very detailed
Need time to get picture size for forum requirement

So if you really wanted to experience what i am saying if possible come to my place
Thank you for the invite. Geography is what keeps us from experiencing each other's systems. Heck I live on the edge of Mumbai and I have not visited many FM's home to listen to their systems. Perhaps soon if it's meant to be.

Demo of sound system of Mr. Ravi Desai was impressive because it is simple to use, we get surround seperation from any source like pen drive, bluetooth, STB, Bluray player, volume adjustment not required often, very reasonable price, very robust, sound is very detailed
Do the whatsapp trick. take pictures and send it to someone you know. Whatsapp will compress it down to a few kb's and you are set.

Such high claims. No disrespect to DIYs but come on, if everyone makes speakers at home and claims they are better than brands or designs that the whole world uses.... Sigh... Kolhapur on the internet world map.

Have a whiskey in the evening and enjoy your music or movies. Dolby sholby not needed. We are all sure what u have is good. But enjoy ur music without making such tall claims. It's a serious insult to people who spend lots of money on building a great system only to have someone in Kolhapur claim Dolby not required.

Such high claims. No disrespect to DIYs but come on, if everyone makes speakers at home and claims they are better than brands or designs that the whole world uses.... Sigh... Kolhapur on the internet world map.

Have a whiskey in the evening and enjoy your music or movies. Dolby sholby not needed. We are all sure what u have is good. But enjoy ur music without making such tall claims. It's a serious insult to people who spend lots of money on building a great system only to have someone in Kolhapur claim Dolby not required.
High price does not guarantee stunning sound . I am not marketing anyone. I am writing what I feels after installing this system. Mr. Desai is not only making speakers but he is doing chip level programming also. He is an Electronic Engineer. Has lot of experience in sound Engineering. His suggestions takes my home theater at another level . If possible you should visit and then only comment. I am writing this after my own experience. And feels this should be reach to music enthusias.
Regards

It's not necessary to put high cost to listen stunning sound quality. I was also been curious to listen what quality sound expensive systems actually produce . My system costs me around 40,000/- . I am sharing my experience here. If you want to experience what I am trying to say you have to visit my Home Cinema.
Thanks.
Congrats and Thats great news that you are satisfied with budget of 40k with 5.1 ht setup!!
Happy listening.Enjoy your tour.
No offence nor support iam neutral on your thought about your system sound quality,cos you feel what you expect to hear from your system others may be or may not(mainly on Atmos comparison).IMO You can play and fiddle with around the tweakings not in the demo centre to the full potential.
Share your source and speaker details with photos That can help lot of ppl to look into for the budget u mentioned here.

Very Encouraging Words for someone almost unknown to the most forum members. I'm very much interested & excited ; can you post some pictures of your system along with specifications of individual drivers etc? Also the power of the amps, the decoding algorithms your system is capable of? A video playing common movie clips for TV, bluray and streaming video service will be very useful.

It'll give a lot of idea for most people here, who can't reach you for audition. Otherwise it'll be a never ending discussion on an anecdotal evidence, with lot of unnecessary skepticism and unfavorable remarks.
Thanks

Hello,
Mr.Sanjeev
I have a created a home theater with 130" fix screen . Before that I have visited several showrooms. There I compared all the audio systems available in the Market. Even I go through Dolby Atmos also. But only loud audio and big bass is the out come....
It will take months and years to visit all showrooms and more importantly compare all audio systems available in the market.

Mr. Kedar. Once again welcome to hifivision. This is an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts! I find all membes are Indian and some of them are staying abroad. As such members are from different regions speaking different languages and belong to different demographic parameters. They are in different profession hence their financial status are naturally not uniform for which all are not fortunate enough to buy expensive and high value equipments. But one thing is unique and undoubtedly common among all i.e. they all like music and movies. Some understand electronics better however they may not be able to hear better than those having gifted with excellent ears.

When you registered in the forum as a member, you should have given yourself some time to understand the layout. How members post a question and what info the person for a reply should expect in the question. Here the question may be naive/silly but never mind it will be answered. In few months, I have learned many things from learned and experienced members who have generously contributed to clear my doubt. People sell/ buy used products without knowing the seller/ buyer. People even donate unused items without expecting the shipping charges. You can discuss at length until you are clear and nobody will stop you.

But your very first posting is quite annoying. You made some choice and bought it. You are happy with it. Fine. You have expressed your reaction as excellent product. Also fine. But after introduction of this product, how all other products worldwide have suddenly lost its value is not understood. Product A is good and better than B or C according to you is fine. But A is good and better than all from A to Z. Please dont make general remark like this. It will take years for perfection and judging the perfection is certainly more difficult than you think.
Thanks

Is Ravi Desai, is Mr Ravindra Desai @Ravindra Desai on our HFV forum? He's from Kolhapur as well, I have a reasonable idea of his proficiency in hifi audio DIY skills from his responses on the DIY threads...
I'm pretty interested in this DIY setup, I'm fairly open to unbranded systems. Post pictures, video demo & specifications ASAP.

@Ravindra Desai to clearify if possible!

It will take months and years to visit all showrooms and more importantly compare all audio systems available in the market.

Mr. Kedar. Once again welcome to hifivision. This is an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts! I find all membes are Indian and some of them are staying abroad. As such members are from different regions speaking different languages and belong to different demographic parameters. They are in different profession hence their financial status are naturally not uniform for which all are not fortunate enough to buy expensive and high value equipments. But one thing is unique and undoubtedly common among all i.e. they all like music and movies. Some understand electronics better however they may not be able to hear better than those having gifted with excellent ears.

When you registered in the forum as a member, you should have given yourself some time to understand the layout. How members post a question and what info the person for a reply should expect in the question. Here the question may be naive/silly but never mind it will be answered. In few months, I have learned many things from learned and experienced members who have generously contributed to clear my doubt. People sell/ buy used products without knowing the seller/ buyer. People even donate unused items without expecting the shipping charges. You can discuss at length until you are clear and nobody will stop you.

But your very first posting is quite annoying. You made some choice and bought it. You are happy with it. Fine. You have expressed your reaction as excellent product. Also fine. But after introduction of this product, how all other products worldwide have suddenly lost its value is not understood. Product A is good and better than B or C according to you is fine. But A is good and better than all from A to Z. Please dont make general remark like this. It will take years for perfection and judging the perfection is certainly more difficult than you think.
Thanks
I am only sharing my experience. That's all. I am not saying all other expensive stuff is useless. But expensive stuff doesn't guarantee quality. You can hear theatre like sound in less expensive system also. Without visiting my Home Theatre you could not understand What I am trying to say . I will post pictures and if possible video also.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back