B&W 704 s 2 floor standers

girishtd8262

Hi i was looking for a pair of floor standers for my stereo setup.
Finally got a good deal on b&w 704 S2
Which i could not resist.its totally a blind buy considering the brand name i could not audition other brands alsoas t my place it's difficult.
Any body using them please opine .
Other gears in my chain
Cxn V2 as streamer
Auralic Vega dac with preamp
And P S audio GCA 250 power amplifier.
Your opinions are much appreciated.thanks

Hi i was looking for a pair of floor standers for my stereo setup.
Finally got a good deal on b&w 704 S2
Which i could not resist.its totally a blind buy considering the brand name i could not audition other brands alsoas t my place it's difficult.
Any body using them please opine .
Other gears in my chain
Cxn V2 as streamer
Auralic Vega dac with preamp
And P S audio GCA 250 power amplifier.
Your opinions are much appreciated.thanks
I got the 702s2 since 2 years now, have used them with many stereo & power amps.
What i learned is the more power given, the better they sound. I mean good clean current is needed for B&W speakers.
I think you should be happy with the Performance as u got the PS GCA250 which has decent output.

Enjoy..

I got the 702s2 since 2 years now, have used them with many stereo & power amps.
What i learned is the more power given, the better they sound. I mean good clean current is needed for B&W speakers.
I think you should be happy with the Performance as u got the PS GCA250 which has decent output.

Enjoy..
Thanks sir .my speakers are yet to be delivered.will be receiving them at the end of sept first week.
Since this is blind buy purely on brand name and irrestible offer ,i was curious and also anxious how they would be sounding.

Thanks sir .my speakers are yet to be delivered.will be receiving them at the end of sept first week.
Since this is blind buy purely on brand name and irrestible offer ,i was curious and also anxious how they would be sounding.
They're quite impressive speakers & You won't be disappointed (after 300hrs if they are brand new 😉).

Just don't pair with anything which is very bright sounding and employ decent quality cables ; Speaker positioning matters a lot. PS Audio should be decent enough. Keep us posted

They're quite impressive speakers & You won't be disappointed (after 300hrs if they are brand new 😉).

Just don't pair with anything which is very bright sounding and employ decent quality cables ; Speaker positioning matters a lot. PS Audio should be decent enough. Keep us posted
Yes they are brand new. Thanks . will post once i receive them

I agree on the burn in for the bass drivers especially, was going to mention quality cables but didn't want to start some stupid debate, you now what i mean ;)

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back