Baahubali 2: The Conclusion...... Audio video effect

skdas

Dear all !
By this time i hope many of us might have enjoyed the much hyped Indian Movie Baahubali 2: The Conclusion. Like to know your good & bad experience in view of Audio video effect. Off course experience will vary depending on how much theater cinema hall is equipped with to provide the true experience on Audio video effect.So please share your experience.

Note : Moderator may kindly move the thread in appropriate forum location if require.

Last edited:
I plan to watch it next week. But confused about which theatre in Chennai screens it in Dolby Atmos (Tamil). No clarity from listings.

Hi Ravi,

On 1st Day I watched Bahubali2 in Vettri Theaters Chrompet, though the sound effect was good with Dolby atmos the picture clarity was normal.

On May 4th Rakesh Vettri theater owner tweeted stating from today they have started projecting Bahubali2 Tamil version with 4k source content.First week they used only 2K content and the delay was from the producers side for the tamil version alone.

Last Friday watched Bahubali2 once again in Spicinems-->Palazoo--> Screen9 and was mind blown. This is the 1st tamil movie to be released with 4k source content and it was visible in all the minute details in each scene and was a one hell of an experience:clapping:

In Spicinemas you can filter the screen by experience and choose Dolby atmos to see in which screen they have it.

Narenkum... Thanks a ton. There was a lot of confusion about which theatres are really screening Baahubali 2 in 4k & atmos. I think I will watch it in Escape - Streak which is screening it in Atmos.

I watched it over the first weekend, but was unable to enjoy as I got seats towards a side of the auditorium. Will wait for the BR release to rate my experience :)

I too could not enjoy the "Audio video effect" as the theater cinema hall was not equipped with, to provide the true experience on Audio video effect :sad:

I have watched this movie in a theater in Dubai two weeks back. The audio and video experience was amazing. This movie has kept the standard high for others to reach.

Watched it yesterday in Escape - Streak (Satyam Cinemas). Advantage with Satyam is they indicate the theatres in which the film is screened in Atmos.

4K Video elevates this movie conceived in a scale and grandeur unparallelled in Indian cinema to a different level of experience altogether. The Atmos effect made a difference in quite a few few important scenes and was enjoyable throughout the movie. Our HTs sound very puny (comparatively) ofcourse. SS Rajamouli has always been a direct with a difference and he becomes an all time great with Baahubali.

I too could not enjoy the "Audio video effect" as the theater cinema hall was not equipped with, to provide the true experience on Audio video effect :sad:
I watched telugu version INOX Margo, Audio and video was not that great, yesterday I had a chance to watch it at cinepolis Vijayawada, I could feel the difference but I don't know whether the theater was 4k with Atmos.

Visually Baahubali 2 looked good but the sound mix was not as good as part 1. The music was too loud in the surround channels and this spoiled the overall balance of the sound mix.

Hi Ravi,

This is the 1st tamil movie to be released with 4k source content

Sivaji (Tamil) was the first film to have 4K Prints, some other films were also released in 4K. Baahubali 1 was also in 4K.

Visually Baahubali 2 looked good but the sound mix was not as good as part 1. The music was too loud in the surround channels and this spoiled the overall balance of the sound mix.

Escape - Streak had excellent balance. Loud but not too loud.

Escape - Streak had excellent balance. Loud but not too loud.

May be the Dolby Atmos mix sounds better than the 7.1/5.1 mix that I heard.

Or it could be the theatre, I think your screening was in Dolby Atmos, the height at which the side surround speakers at Streak are mounted might have toned down the loud background score in the surrounds. The side surround speakers are mounted too high at Streak and this is how it is usually done at most Dolby Atmos screens.

I watched it in a 7.1 theater where the surround speakers were mounted much lower than most Dolby Atmos screens and I found the background score to be too loud in the surrounds.

Last edited:
Watched it on the IMAX screen last week. Spectacular CGI work. The accompanying sound effects was a let down.

Good movie to watch as the script and story line is well made. Nothing spectacular about the CGI as we always compare these kind of movies to big release Hollywood movies. Ofcourse we have budget constraints. Nevertheless, an Indian movie of this dimension is welcome as we can prove that given an opportunity and budget we can be the best.

Hi all, I have watched the movie first in Kerala when I'm on vacation(Theatre: AnuAbhinaya in Chenganesseri-In Malayalam) .It was good. Even though the theatre s not equipped with 4K & Dolby Atmos ,the sound and video was decent enough .The bass good enough.
Recently 10 days back I have watched in Vettri Theatres -Chromepet ,Chennai. I was curios that it was 4k and Dolby Atmos . But when I watched it the expectation was not met. The bass was lacking (It was better in Kerala) ,the center channel was fruit less. The over head effect was heard lightly in few areas . Believe me I was sitting almost in the sweet spot of the Theatre.
During Interval They have shown the Dolby Atmos -Amaze Demo . I was not happy with it too. It was better in my Home Theatre system.I used to play it many times in my Home (Have Dolby Atmos/Dts X Demo -Bluray disk in my home).Even my Dad told the same.I can say the Theater sound is powerful but in terms of quality,details ,clarity it lacks much.
Similar kind of experience had at Mayachal Theatre too.In many Theatres it used to happen ,for name sake they used to put as a Marketing technique.
According to me It is better to watch these type of movies in Theatre with better equipment.

I felt the PVR experience was not at par with what I am getting in my HT. Either because many of us are used to the differences in audio quality than the public, or because we are not ready to downgrade our HT experience in front of those biggies :)
Either way, I enjoy the sound better in my HT than a theatre

I have written to PVR many times especially pvr in phoenix mall bangalore- screen 8 - has a very high gain screen and the center of the screen is total whiteout- i am not sure why not many people have complained, but i have and i have walked out of pvr many a time- just becase i couldnt bear the reflection and the totally artificial and washed out (too bright) images there.
PS i have a 1080p projector at home and i have set the colour of projection using the HD reference bluray disc.- looks much better at home than at pvr

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back