• Not now

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • I want to learn about TTs

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vinojasan

Hi LP lovers...

Let us start a forum for Vinyl lovers all over the country. It will force the audio companies to re launch the Vinyle pressing plant... They need minimum 1000 buyers for a title whether it is Hindi or Tamil or any other regional film track...

Pl come together and make others to hear the real sound of Music...

-Vinojasan
Chennai.

Attachments

• IMG_20130919_233617.jpg
    IMG_20130919_233617.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 502
Last edited:
Vino, My heart is not with me now.. awesome picture.

If its 100 Buyers then probably we could get people around to catch-up with the All time fav Albums Starting from MSV till Ilayaraj, No harm i would love to listen Kadal songs in Lp than from any source.

1.Sindhu Bhairavi
2.Paneer Puspangal
3.Ninaivellam nithya
4.Mudhal Mariyadhai
5.Varusham 16
6.Salangai Oli
7.Ninaithaley enikum
8.Almost all Karthk+Ilayaraja Combo
9.Most of Raja+Kamal songs and super star too
10.Ultimately VIrumandi
11.Avadharam
12.Azhagi
13.Mohan+Raja etc etc
14.Anjali
15.Malasiya Vasudevan+Raja
17.Sangara Bharanam
18.Most of Sathyaraj+Raja combo
ah...Now commercial Break.

It will force the audio companies to re launch the Vinyle pressing plant... They need minimum 1000 buyers for a title whether it is Hindi or Tamil or any other regional film track...

From where you got this statitics?? Just 1000 buyers are sufficient to per title?? How many titles?? What will be expected maximum price per title??

I think statitics do not work . LPs and pressing is capital intensive and somewhat laborious process. IT IS A SMALL CHEMICAL MANUFACTURING PLANT which requires trained staf and trained analouge recordists.

Do not want to play spoilsport but I feel numbers do not add up. Even new releases of Indian Titles on LP also almost stopped

From where you got this statitics?? Just 1000 buyers are sufficient to per title?? How many titles?? What will be expected maximum price per title??

I think statitics do not work . LPs and pressing is capital intensive and somewhat laborious process. IT IS A SMALL CHEMICAL MANUFACTURING PLANT which requires trained staf and trained analouge recordists.

Do not want to play spoilsport but I feel numbers do not add up. Even new releases of Indian Titles on LP also almost stopped

I spoke to some audio companies on this...

AVM Music service told me that they need a minimum of 1000 buyers for a title... They have lot of titles with them... And Saregama top admin says that they would like to release new albums once they ensured the buyers number is above 1000.

Any how.. Thanks for sharing...

Vino, My heart is not with me now.. awesome picture.

If its 100 Buyers then probably we could get people around to catch-up with the All time fav Albums Starting from MSV till Ilayaraj, No harm i would love to listen Kadal songs in Lp than from any source.

1.Sindhu Bhairavi
2.Paneer Puspangal
3.Ninaivellam nithya
4.Mudhal Mariyadhai
5.Varusham 16
6.Salangai Oli
7.Ninaithaley enikum
8.Almost all Karthk+Ilayaraja Combo
9.Most of Raja+Kamal songs and super star too
10.Ultimately VIrumandi
11.Avadharam
12.Azhagi
13.Mohan+Raja etc etc
14.Anjali
15.Malasiya Vasudevan+Raja
17.Sangara Bharanam
18.Most of Sathyaraj+Raja combo
ah...Now commercial Break.

Nice Titles.. I need too.........

honestly, there are definitely there are more than 1000 buyers of LP records in India, however when it comes to purchasing vinyl, people have stopped buying for the sake of buying, just because a title is released. Since pre-used vinyl is available, people have started relating more to specific genres, listening tastes, etc

honestly, there are definitely there are more than 1000 buyers of LP records in India, however when it comes to purchasing vinyl, people have stopped buying for the sake of buying, just because a title is released. Since pre-used vinyl is available, people have started relating more to specific genres, listening tastes, etc

The main issue is that most old re-issues of older titles are 'digitally mastered', and buying those for serious audiophiles is like committing harakiri for them. However, there is no choice when the release is for a new title. I bought a few new titles which is probably nothing more than MP3 quality to be honest. I have serious doubt that the source is simply not analogue. Esp. one 'Sufiana' LP from Sony music that I purchased was no better than MP3. Though I liked the pressings of some English LPs that I bought a few months ago like Dire Straits & Nirvana.

Reuben, I noticed M97Xe in your signature. When did this happen and what encouraged you for taking this plunge?:) When we get to read your listening experience?

Regards,
Saket

Last edited:
The main issue is that most old re-issues of older titles are 'digitally mastered', and buying those for serious audiophiles is like committing harakiri for them.

I recently bought this for my mom:

"Digitally Remastered" on blah blah..The fact that they had the sense to print that : i think that's funny :eek:hyeah:

Last edited:
I recently bought this for my mom:
"Digitally Remastered" on blah blah..i think that's funny :eek:hyeah:

Once was offered this 2 LP set for Rs. 2K IIRC. Though, would like to have a Veer Zaara LP set but that's priced very steeply at 3K!

Just enjoy the sound quality of latest release LP of Jab Tak Hai Jaan... But the price is too high... :)

Last edited:
Hi peace_sells,

Pls share the sound qaulity of this records and from where you bought the same.

Regards, Amit
Hi Amit,

I bought this from Reliance Timeout, Bangalore (Cunningham road). It's shut down now. Sound quality is pretty much like an MP3 to be honest. I got it because i was getting is cheap. Plus my mother keeps harping "get some hindi records for me! you only keep buying for yourself:p"

Cheers,
Saket.

Once was offered this 2 LP set for Rs. 2K IIRC. Though, would like to have a Veer Zaara LP set but that's priced very steeply at 3K!

You should've told me a few weeks earlier! The store from where i bought this LP..Veer Zaara was available there. For 800 INR. There was 50% discount on all LPs that day. They were going to shut down the shop after that day..

Btw this Hum Aapke Hain kaun record that i have is not a 2 LP set. It has just 1 LP. Is there a 2-LP version?

Last edited:
You should've told me a few weeks earlier! The store from where i bought this LP..Veer Zaara was available there. For 800 INR. There was 50% discount on all LPs that day. They were going to shut down the shop after that day..

Btw this Hum Aapke Hain kaun record that i have is not a 2 LP set. It has just 1 LP. Is there a 2-LP version?

Gosh! Was the Veer Zaara LP a 3 lp set or lps were sold individually? The recording quality of Veer Zaara is fantastic and I think the LP would have been a great collectible. The songs were great as well. Any chance of getting the LP with that offer? BTW, 'Reliance Timeout'- funny name..no wonder it timed out!

About Hum aapke hain kaun, I think there was no dearth of songs when it comes to this marathon movie; probably a full 14 of them; which is tough to get on a single LP. If all the songs of HAHK are put together, the length is about 01:11 minutes! That is whopping one hour & eleven minutes!:D

I think the movie itself was good 3+ hours!

Last edited:
Gosh! Was the Veer Zaara LP a 3 lp set or lps were sold individually? The recording quality of Veer Zaara is fantastic and I think the LP would have been a great collectible. The songs were great as well. Any chance of getting the LP with that offer? BTW, 'Reliance Timeout'- funny name..no wonder it timed out!

About Hum aapke hain kaun, I think there was no dearth of songs when it comes to this marathon movie; probably a full 14 of them; which is tough to get on a single LP. If all the songs of HAHK are put together, the length is about 01:11 minutes! That is whopping one hour & eleven minutes!:D

I think the movie itself was good 3+ hours!

Oh! This LP that i got has 6 songs only! :p

Regarding Veer Zaara..i don't remember exactly. The Veer Zaara LP that i saw definitely had extensive packaging..It was a gatefold for sure..some other sleeves were there..but i don't think i saw the vinyls. From the packaging it din't look like it could hold more than 2 LPs. Anyway I'll look for that here. If i find it i'll let you know. However
getting 50% discount..that depends on your luck :D

It was like this :

Actually over the past few weeks, lot of music stores have shut down in Bangalore. Timeout was a pretty good store for music. They had a decent collection of LPs : AC/DC, U2, Metallica, Iron Maiden, The Who, and a lot of Hindi stuff : Lagaan, Veer Zaara, Kishore Kumar, 3 Idiots, etc. They had some record players too (the new plastic Lencos).

Last edited:
Hi Saket,

I would have loved to buy that Veer Zaara LP for 800 Rupess.
Please keep us informed if you see any more sales or bargain discount on Lps in Bangalore or on online channels.

I think we should start a separate thread on Bargain discount offers on Vinyl sales, this way all the members can get benefit from the offer. The recent offer from Flipkart for 30 percent discount also seems to be good.

Regards, Amit

Hi Saket,

I would have loved to buy that Veer Zaara LP for 800 Rupess.
Please keep us informed if you see any more sales or bargain discount on Lps in Bangalore or on online channels.

I think we should start a separate thread on Bargain discount offers on Vinyl sales, this way all the members can get benefit from the offer. The recent offer from Flipkart for 30 percent discount also seems to be good.

Regards, Amit

Although the post is meant for the other 'Saket' here:D, but in case our members have not noticed, a lot of english & hindi vinyls are being offered on flipkart at 30% discount which makes a lot of lps affordable & attractive at these prices.

Some LPs that I bought for 700-900 bucks are now selling considerably cheaper:mad:

:):)

relaised both the Sakets are discussing on this thread.

I actually kind of missed the Flipkart sale, there are still some available now.
I wanted to buy DDLJ. I just ordered the Dil to pagal hai Vinyl.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back