Bangalore Hifi meet 2011?

GeorgeO

Since a year has passed since the last meet, I though it time to ask about interest in a second one. Does anyone have any thoughts about how to go about it?

Cheers

Sounds like a great lovely idea George!

Count me in, of course depending on unexpected work not popping up on the weekend it will be held.

Last time your place was ideal since a lot of people could fit in, this time will have to figure that out unless you're up for a repeat intrusion of a hundred feet tramping through your lovely house hehe :D

hmmm what suggestion bangalore guys?

I'm a newbie I'm all eyes on this forum to learn, I'm sure such a meet with seniors will help a lot. Waiting eagerly for the announcement.

Stevie

Though I would be happy to do it, unfortunately I have not yet got my basement HT room ready, and I expect that during the next 2-3 weeks I may be busy with completing it. In addition my bro and family from the US will be here till Feb 7th. If I can get my projector ceiling mounted, and up and running in the next 2-3 weeks, then perhaps sometime in the first half of Feb I may be willing to host it. But hey, let some of the guys here throw up some other options as well!

George

Sure count me in please! This would be my first time with this group and of course I'm a nooB :)

On the lighter side, should we rather say, where there is a wall there should be a way :) (for the projection)

Good idea George!! We had a great time last year and also learnt a lot of stuff that day.

I am happy to host a mini-hfv (max 12 people) meet at my place but it won't be until March as I am travelling in feb.

I say mini meet because my room can only seat 6 people with some space left for another 6 to sit on the floor or stand through the session.

Good idea George!! We had a great time last year and also learnt a lot of stuff that day.

I am happy to host a mini-hfv (max 12 people) meet at my place but it won't be until March as I am travelling in feb.

I say mini meet because my room can only seat 6 people with some space left for another 6 to sit on the floor or stand through the session.

I think we can stick 6 more people to the ceiling with superglue. And if we remove your rear speakers another two will fit in...

Kidding ... :lol:

Lol gobble, don't we have spidermen on hfv?

Btw, the rear speakers are up for sale in the classifieds section.... So, we should be able to reclaim that space by then:).

This is a cheerful thing to happen. Thanks George for the initiative.

BTW, there are a bunch of DIY projects successfully completed by the members and it would be inspirational to many DIYers if some of these can be showcased for auditioning.

Cheers

Antony:

The initiative was simply a suggestion. I have some things to do in my house, and only if those can be completed in the next week to ten days will I be able to host it, otherwise I will not be free until mid March. I have a window that closes after Feb 18th until mid March since I will be on a longish trip with some overseas visitors. My thought when I suggested it was for someone to suggest another location.

Antony:

The initiative was simply a suggestion. I have some things to do in my house, and only if those can be completed in the next week to ten days will I be able to host it, otherwise I will not be free until mid March. I have a window that closes after Feb 18th until mid March since I will be on a longish trip with some overseas visitors. My thought when I suggested it was for someone to suggest another location.

If we are considering 25+ members it could be difficult to manage in even a big house. What about the option of hiring a small convention center? AFAIK the daily rent falls in the range of 3 to 4k.

Regds...

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back