Bangalore visit - Kittu and Santhosh

srinisundar

Sudden trip to Bangalore was made with a day notice requested from our fellow member "Ragav" to pick Hifi Stuffs from our fellow member "Kittu".

I have been interacting with Kittu several times over years and never met before, so don't want to loose opportunity and also want to make a visit to Santhosh house to hear the Altec.

Started at 4am from my house and reached by 10.30am kittu house with a small break at "Woodys restaurant" for breakfast. With a good guidance from kittu it is very easy to find his house.

I am So happy to meet charming Kittu whom i am interacting online over years.

Immediately we started playing some songs and videos to demo the package which Ragav is buying which consist of Paradigm Monitor 7/ paradigm CC/ Q acoustic surrounds / Marantz AVR 5006.. Kittu's setup is very tastefully done and center stage occupied by beast Panasonic VT50 / Xbox/Xtreamer Prodigy.

Quickly we wrapped the session and started packing the stuffs and completed in 1 hour. Highlight to indicate is Kittu has kept all the single packing stuff of the HT package in safe storage and helped us to keep the stuffs intact. All the way his wife will be so happy by getting cleared the stuff out of the house;);)

Then kittu took us to Santhosh house to hear mighty Altec and his HT setup which is now powered with Shiva sub-woofer.

We have been received by Santhosh and greeted by his wife who never get bored or irritated of receiving unknown members which is an pure luck among this community ( i too blessed with the same);).

We had demo of his HT system and heard the thunder striking in his house because or his subwoofer. Good thing I found out he is having lot of stuffs in his HT and it never rattles that is the purity of the sub-woofer combined with his acoustic knowledge. His never ending passion in automobiles and Audio and the balance he is holding along with his profession and family to be highly appreciated and we should learn it from him.

What to tell about Altec, everbody knows the glory and we have seen so many reviews over here put up by other senior audiophiles. Stunning and great.:clapping:

We started back from santhosh house and reached kittu house to pick our car and stuff packed in and reached back chennai at 2am;) safely.

All in the end today Ragav is celebrating his Diwali with newly purchased Sony 55" LED + Paradigm + Marantz.:licklips:

Happy Diwali to all.:cool:

I too wanted to audition the Altecs, but couldn't make it happen.
Srinisundar, which TT did you listen to at Santhosh's place?
Kittu's changing to stereo only set up?

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back