Batery powered DIY CNC phono stage

sachu888

Battery powered DIY CNC phono stage

HI,

I have just completed my first DIY project successfully.It is a battery powered Phono stage for MM cartridge.It is designed by Audiokarma member, Hypnotoad.It sounds really good and way better than my integreated Technics mm input.I have not heard any high end phonostage,but it is definately better than CA AZUR 640.It is better than most of the DIY phonos like buggle,VSPS etc.
Details can be found here
Another Super High End Phono Stage! No expense spared... - AudioKarma.org Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums

Rregards,

Sachin

Attachments

• DSC04593.jpg
    DSC04593.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 2,431
Last edited:
Hey Sachu,

I read that thread on Audiokarma when you referred to it in your earlier post. Congrats on the build. How did you source the PCB & components?

BTW, has the hum issue been sorted out?

Rgds

Rajesh

nice build...did someone mention hum?? your input and output wires need to be shielded...also, my opinion on the best phono preamp build option would be to replicate the phono stage of the NAD3020, possibly with imported components, nothing can beat that.

Hey Sachu,

I read that thread on Audiokarma when you referred to it in your earlier post. Congrats on the build. How did you source the PCB & components?

BTW, has the hum issue been sorted out?

Rgds

Rajesh
Thanks Capt.

I have sourced PCB from Ak member Hypnotoad and components from Digikey.I will add ground wire for TT hopefully it should get solved.

Regards,
Sachin

Good work and a very useful first project. The case is really nice.
I think it will also benefit from changing the input/output wires to
either shielded cable, or even twisted pair from ethernet cable
like I suggested on AK.

Nice work Sachin. Definitely does not look like your your first DIY. Liked innovative enclosure too. Enjoy.
:)

Really nice work, Sachin. Congratulations!

Innovative on the box too.

BTW, just one question, since I own the CA 640p. Did you make that comparison yourself or you read it somewhere?

Enjoy and share your experience.

Regards.

Really nice work, Sachin. Congratulations!

Innovative on the box too.

BTW, just one question, since I own the CA 640p. Did you make that comparison yourself or you read it somewhere?

Enjoy and share your experience.

Regards.
I have heard CA 640p once at my friend's place for about 2 hrs, but many AK members including HYpnotoad creator of CNC and modded CA 640p, have confirmed that CNC sounds much more detail and has a better soundstage than most of the budget phonostages.I am very happy to build this as my first project.As you know head to head comparison is of TT products are very difficult in India, we have to depend on reading.

Regards,

Sachin

My next project would be DIY RCM as I have a spare TT for this just needs to buy Vacuum pump.

Interesting one. If it's not too complicated, do let me also know how to build this one.

BTW, has your Micro Seiki reached you?

Re: Battery powered DIY CNC phono stage

Interesting one. If it's not too complicated, do let me also know how to build this one.

BTW, has your Micro Seiki reached you?

It is very simple but I have no money left in my account.I am going to post office to collect MIcro Seiki will add pics later.

Regards,

Sachin

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back