Bedroom audio (cheap and compact)

ShutterX

Hi folks,

I will be getting married soon and my out goes my PC and all my speakers from the bedroom. But having said this, i am planning not to let go of all audio in the bedroom. So i have decided to go for an inexpensive and compact audio solution. My target is not to have the worlds best SQ but nice sounding music that manages to fill the room. Here is what i have thought out.

1) Used Nad Viso 1 or Zepplin (have BT and are compact. stick em in one corner of the smallish room and be done with it.)

2) Micro Hifi like Scansonic Minimate available on Hifimart (although ai have never heard it or read any reviews)

3) General brand Music system like Sonys and LGs (not very keen on this option as they occupy more space and iam not a fan of their sound)

4) Active Monitors like M Audio BX D2 (i have never heard them)

5) Wild card entry - the insane Sony MHCV6D (its a party speaker and should sound decent at low volumes, can be used during parties at home, dont need any table or stand so can be moved around in the house, AND i dont know why but i find it looks badass :D )

i would like some suggestions on options stated above or those i have not considered.

thanks and cheers

Anirban

1) Not heard but I think its easy to use with BT and Ipod connectivity
2) Seen on Hifi mart but nowhere else
3) Never do this unless u are gifted one (as marriage gift)
4) Active monitors are good Not heard the M audio u indicated But i have Edifier Studio 7 which by the way performs well. fills the room (12*10) at 50% volume (i use it only for General TV)
5) The Sony Piece is just PMPO's at 31K u can do much better with Studio Monitors (active Speakers) U can even get Audio Engine A5+ at that price

So if I were u I would make a choice between Zep and Audio engine

Last edited:
1) Not heard but I think its easy to use with BT and Ipod connectivity
2) Seen on Hifi mart but nowhere else
3) Never do this unless u are gifted one (as marriage gift)
4) Active monitors are good Not heard the M audio u indicated But i have Edifier Studio 7 which by the way performs well. fills the room (12*10) at 50% volume (i use it only for General TV)
5) The Sony Piece is just PMPO's at 31K u can do much better with Studio Monitors (active Speakers) U can even get Audio Engine A5+ at that price

So if I were u I would make a choice between Zep and Audio engine
Thanks for the advice. now that you look at it, the A5+ looks nice. Available for 28k on one of the ECommerce sites.

I have never heard them and will try for a demo asap and take a decision.

Thanks and cheers,

Anirban

Come across ad of this some time back.

Harman Kardon MAS 101

Looks pretty, compact and powerful.

Thanks for the suggestion. Will surely check it out. Although research will be needed to figure out where its available.

Thanks and cheers,

Anirban

Firstly, why is this in the general lounge? You are talking audio here. These threads do not show in the "unread" thread list.
What is your budget? I would suggest a one box solution like the Marantx M-CR603 with wall mountable speakers like the Dali Zensor 1.
I had searched extensively for wall mountable speakers for my bedroom and am very happy with the Dalis.
The Marantz has CD, FM, ethernet and amp. Just add the speakers. Far better than a Zep or any micro hifi.
The Marantz is available on hifimart.

Thanks for the update. My budget is very low. Max 20k all inclusive ready to roll. I have no audio in bedroom now hence this quick decision. That's the reason i can't buy bookshelves and am looking at micro systems and powered speakers. Even considering the new f&d tower speakers (i know, not high end stuff).

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back