Bedroom Setup Basics

Vivek Batra

Hi FMs

I need your help in desiging my bedroom TV wall. I am thinking of having in wall speakers flanking the TV on 3 sides (Left, right, and center?). My home is still at construction stage and now is the time to construct bedroom walls.

The TV wall in 9 inches thick and I would like to have a 4 inches depression in the wall to fit in the TV and in wall speakers or may be just normal speakers, whats best suited, but looking for a very clean looking solution.

The main requirement of the setup is to enhance the TV volume for normal TV watching and off and on straming and FM as well.

I am looking for some designs inputs on how wide should be the depression in the wall, also I want to have some audio output in the attached closet and washroom as well :) with volume control preferably. I am currently using a soundbar but not very happy with that especailly for YouTube and DTH. I am open to install 5.1 system but want to fit all the gadgets very neatly in the wall and ceiling. To mention there will be a drop ceiling in the room and closet and possibly in washroom as well.
Also I want to have a desk in the same wall along the TV for a laptop or reading.

Your inputs on designing the wall, cable management and laying cables would be highly appreciated.If you have something similar in your home or you have any thing to share please do that.

Thanks
Vivek

Here is my room layout
1652850046415.png

Something like this
1652850160499.png

A good quality soundbar with sub should be good enough for your requirements. Else, you might want to go for a sat plus sub model, buts its neater with a good quality soundbar.

A good quality soundbar with sub should be good enough for your requirements. Else, you might want to go for a sat plus sub model, buts its neater with a good quality soundbar.
I have Sony HT-ST 5000 with sub its good for Netflix, Amazon but when it comes to YouTube via eARC its worst. At times TV audio is not clear at all. I miss the FM in soundbar

Last edited:
I would suggest :

1. Dont get a depression or wood work done. TVs keep growing in size. You will want to upgrde after 5 years. Just wall mount on bare wall.

2. Get a good 2.1 system ( L + R + sub). For a bedroom thats great

3. Buy speakers that can be wall mounted (eg QA 3010i)

4. Get a nice cabinet for the amp / receiver and some cable manageemnt done, to make it look neat and classy.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back