Belkin Bluetooth HD Music Receiver

I use mainly it for internet radio (live365). I have it connected to my ASUS XEO DAC using coaxial cable that came with the adapter. The quality is pretty good. Haven't tried through NFC yet.

Just ordered one from ebay GEB. Got it for Rs 4810/- shipped after applying ebay 7% discount voucher and few payback points.

Received the device on the 18th.
Connected the SPDIF out to my Denon AVR (assuming the DAC in the AVR should be better).
It sounds good. My system is not that resolving and I feel, there no degradation in SQ compared with playing the same mp3 files through USB port via the DVD player.
And it sure beats everything else in terms of convenience and user interface. I can now browse all my music stored on the Tab and just hit play! No more switching on the TV, switching the input to AVR and then browse through the files using the DVD remote through a sloppy interface.

I found this info about Aptx technology which is used in this BT receiver.

Key Features
?Compression ratio: 4:1
?Audio Format: 16-bit, 44.1kHz (CD-Quality)
?Data Rates: 352kbps
?Frequency Response: 10Hz to 22kHz
?Algorithmic Delay: <1.89ms @ Fs 48KHz
?Dynamic Range: 16-bit: >92dB
?THD+N: -68.8dB

(Source: http://www.csr.com/products/60/aptx )

Can anybody care to interpret how good or bad this translates in real world situations when streaming 320kbps mp3 files?

using this since a month or so with an Onkyo system. Nothing wrong with this particular device I suppose, but overall the difference in quality of sound over bluetooth versus wired connection is big - much more than I expected. And I am no audiophile....

Also dont find much utility since the moment there is no line of sight the connection flutters and breaks - which means you can only use it when you are in the same room as the music system, which kind of defeats the purpose of wireless streaming.

using this since a month or so with an Onkyo system. Nothing wrong with this particular device I suppose, but overall the difference in quality of sound over bluetooth versus wired connection is big - much more than I expected. And I am no audiophile....

Also dont find much utility since the moment there is no line of sight the connection flutters and breaks - which means you can only use it when you are in the same room as the music system, which kind of defeats the purpose of wireless streaming.

Agree with first para. Though the SQ is hugely dependent on the quality of source files as well as the DAC inside the AVR/amp. And ofcourse bluetooth has never been about multi-room portability.
Rather, I look at it from the convenience angle. Just tap any android device on it and start listening to music, no need to plug in any cables. And anyway, while listening, there is no need to carry it here and there.

Belkin Bluetooth HD Music Receiver

Is tis APTX?

I am using Audioengine W3 and it sounds great. Not a relevant answer to the original question though

Where did you get this and for how much?

I want to stream music from my ipod to my stereo amp and am looking for a APTX transmitter/receiver system. Any ideas?

The price (without any discount) is Rs 7.5k for Belkin and 4.3k for Sony
Would the Belkin be that much of an increment ?

I agree.
When I bought it, the price was 5.5K but now it has increased.
The major difference I still see is the optical and digital SPDIF outs in the Belkin while Sony has only analogue out. So use of external DAC is possible, if it matters to you :)

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back