Belkin surge protector OR APC UPS.

Rockfella

Hi,

I do not know how effective is this surge protector but I think this is effective only if your home power system is wired properly and earthed. I think do not go by the 1,00,000 coverage.

I bought this recently and had researched a bit on the prices. Surprisingly I bought this at Rs 1900/- at Jumbo Electonics showroom in Bangalore(they were offering 155 discount) this was lower price that advt online.

Check if in any mall in Gurgaon you find this electronic showroom. Even I checked in Croma and reliance they are are a bit expensive than online

i would go for a decent UPS, belkin is a good product but the cost is not worth it.

1) First your house should have a proper grounding, else the ground light will be always ON.
i have the same model in my previous house and it was not grounded well and i always felt slight shock from the equipment.
2) with UPS, you also get some power backup. You can get an APC ups around 4k

I have APC UPS since 3 years, the default battery died within 6 months, replacement battery didn't work properly from day one. I checked it and it works fine in the shop. I have a 6 socket belkin connected to the no-back surge protection socket on the APC. This is why I was thinking of getting the belkin, since I am using the APC as surge protection only. I designed a htpc table (still in the making) and can't find a place to keep the APC. The table is compact, which makes me discard the APC or use it for something else, hence started this thread. Either ways the APC is connected to a 8 pin belkin, in other words I have 3 surge protections connected in line. AC mains>belkin 8>APC>belkin 6>HTPC>TV.

Last edited:
Just read this:

Product-Lifetime Warranty: When we say "lifetime warranty", we are referring to the life of the product, not the life of the buyer or any other individual. Over time, products will become worn and obsolete, and materials and parts will wear down or may become unusable due to advances in technology. A lifetime product warranty therefore means that the product over its reasonable life span will work the way it is supposed to under normal conditions and use. Taking all of these factors into account, we have determined that the reasonable life span of this product is 5 years from the date of your purchase of the product.
Please be assured that support for Belkin products remains available through the existing Belkin support channels, and that we will continue to honor all valid warranties for Belkin products.
Sincerely,
Claims Department (CEW), Belkin Inc.

Belkin : India : Contact Us

lol. misleading.

batteries purchased outside will not work with most of the APC ups's, and regarding belkin spike guard, i don't think its worth the price, i've 2 of them and the sockets child lock is not properly made and its really hard to push the plugs in. better check for Anchor model it also has a fuse which is added advantage and its cheap.

Ebay link

You can't compare Anchor with Belkin. The pushing hard is better than no contact. I have used so many extensions, all face the same issue, plugs just keep coming out and contact is lost. Belkin rules in this.
batteries purchased outside will not work with most of the APC ups's, and regarding belkin spike guard, i don't think its worth the price, i've 2 of them and the sockets child lock is not properly made and its really hard to push the plugs in. better check for Anchor model it also has a fuse which is added advantage and its cheap.

Ebay link

Ebay link

I disagree with this statement , batteries purchased outside work great with APC UPS, you need to ensure that you buy high quality batteries. Personally i got my APC ups battery replaced last year with Amaron Quanta and it's working great, did not face any issues. So it all depends what battery you buy, cheap and local battery would cause an issue.

I am using APC UPS and also Belkin surge protector (economy series) for my AV (2 set-ups).

Never considered Belkin surge protector as surge protector but I needed a power strip so used Belkin surge protector.

About battery, I have replaced batteries of my both APC UPSs (Back UPS RS1100) with Exide batteries and they run trouble-free.

My humble suggestion don't go for this....I bought this year before by seeing 1lakh adv. all my entertainment systems connected to this...one fine day my velodyne stopped working, I sent to service centre and the said, due to power fluctuation the board damaged and they were kind enough to replace board free of cost...but it took 6months to get the board..that's different story.

Now I added stabiliser for voltage fluctuation and using belkin as power strip.

I am using APC UPS and also Belkin surge protector (economy series) for my AV (2 set-ups).

Never considered Belkin surge protector as surge protector but I needed a power strip so used Belkin surge protector.

About battery, I have replaced batteries of my both APC UPSs (Back UPS RS1100) with Exide batteries and they run trouble-free.

I gottta get exide then.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back