• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

For Sale Belles Soloist 5.0

QUAD
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidvee

Up for sale my beloved Belles Soloist 5.0 amp. It is a compact amp. but don't let that fool you (Read the review in the link where it is compared to an amp. 3 times its power and many times its price) . It can deliver 60wpc into 8ohms and 110wpc into 4 ohms. Beyond the specs, it is a superb little amp. that will drive most speakers out there. I am using it to drive ATC 7's which have a efficiency of 85db, but this amp. can push them to high levels . It has a warmish signature, not clinical at all especially when compared to amps. in its price range and has excellent bass control. It sounds very musical and will better many of the amplifiers upto 1.5lac range. Dave Belles is know to make excellent quality products. It is 1.5 years old, I picked it up, new from Authorized dealer in California on a trip there - He ordered a 230v unit fresh from the factory.
Current Retail US price: $1250 or approx. 78k
My price: 55k (very firm) - please do not ask for a discount. As always not a distress sale. Honestly more exploratory in nature. If I do not get asking I will just keep it. If you want to buy this amp. in India it will be over 1 lac.
These amps. are quite rare in the pre-owned market, appears most owners prefer to keep them. I have seen 3 or 4 at-most appear in Audiogon or Canuck Audio Mart. similar to my asking price.
Condition: 10/10, hours used - approx. 50, because it is in my lightly used second system. It is as good as new with a 30% discount from US price and over 50% discount from Indian price.
Reason for sale: Selling because I am contemplating an upgrade, but have too much equipment so want to sell. Otherwise it will just lie unused.
Shipping will be at risk and cost of buyer (due to small size and weight should not cost much) only via Gati air. I will not ship via any other courier, I have had best luck with Gati so far. Will be well packed.
Three power amps shootout test - Review [English]

Cheers,
Sid

SPONSORED ADS

Attachments

Last edited:

SPONSORED ADS

sidvee

I will throw in 3 solid brass footers that I bought from soundfoundations and have been using under this amp. at the asking price. To my ears the bass extension of the amp. feels deeper & tighter with the brass footers under the amp. rather than the stock rubber feet.

Spikes - SoundFoundations

Cheers,
Sid
PS: Please note my footers do not have the mounting screw and tnut. The amp. which is relatively heavy just sits on the footers.

Attachments

Last edited:

sidvee

I will knock off 10% off my asking price to a round figure of 50k (all other conditions remain same). Now it is significantly more than 50% off indian/UK retail price and 35% off the current US price. If you have pre outs on any integrated amp., (including receivers) you can connect this amp. with a pair of RCA interconnects and you will be surprised at the additional bass and musicality it will add to your music listening.
BTW prior to this amplifier I have had the Belcanto S-300 & the Odyssey Stratos extreme in this system. This amp. sounds the best to my ears, significantly warmer and more lush than the belcanto (which is a class d) and more resolving than the Stratos which sounded a little grainy in comparsion(which is a large Class a/ab) and equally powerful as both of these which are rated at at-least double the power of the Soloist.
I am looking to upgrade in the Belles line up itself perhaps the 150 at $2700. To me the belles house sound is perhaps the best in that price category.
Anyways, this will conclude my offers on this amplifier and if it does not sell at this price, then I have decided to keep it.
Cheers,
Sid

Last edited:

sidvee

There was a slight interest in the amplifier but evidently not enough for it to sell. So I have decide to include these entry level but excellent RCA interconnects as a give away along with the amplifier for my asking price. The xlo/vdo twinax plus interconnect. It is an excellent cable and matches well with the belles. Mine is 0.5m in length.
http://www.sound-at-home.de/pdf/xlo_vdo.pdf
So to summarize the amplifier plus 3 soundfoundations brass footer and these Ic's for 50k plus shipping (the freebies alone cost about 6k).
Cheers,
Sid

Attachments

Last edited:

sidvee

This amp. is again available for sale. Not getting any response from FM who wanted me to hold it.
Cheers,
Sid

Status
Not open for further replies.
SPONSORED ADS