Benchmark Guide - setting up Foobar2000

sounds good except for the part where it asks to disable DSP. I think most of us have had good results using different Resamplers and Output plugins

YMMV - when you use a resampler, the output is not bit perfect. However some DACs do prefer the maximum supported sampling rate all the time. As for me, I actually prefer leaving the Advanced Limiter DSP enabled.

Well its been a week since I started computer audio and also using foobar. I am pure Vinyl enthusiast and I actually like this setup. I get to listen to my FLAC collection via my computer and I think foobar is great.

Any similar settings guide for JMC?

A basic guide (a bit outdated):

J. River Media Center setup guide - Frequently Asked Questions - WYRED 4 SOUND

- I think WASAPI Event Style Mode is a better output mode. (The above instructions mention WASAPI).

- The new JRMCs (from v17, I think) have digital volume. It is a good idea to turn that off too.

There's a Computer Audiophile review of JRMC v17 that covers most of the needed tips.

EDIT: Here's the review: http://www.computeraudiophile.com/content/436-jriver-media-center-17-detail/

Last edited:
- The new JRMCs (from v17, I think) have digital volume. It is a good idea to turn that off too.

Has anyone checked the adaptive volume leveller in latest JRMC which uses R128 standard? Initial impressions were good; seems to be non-destructive unlike 'replaygain'.. Did not get time to analyze critically. I do not have a remote for my amp so this seemed to be quite helpful to normalize the volume between tracks.

<<Sorry for OT>>

i have a doubt, i have setup potplayer to bitstream with lav audio decoder, and yesterday installed foobar with wasapi....

tried listening to same flac in both.. they sounded same to me!!!!!. so what makes foobar special, or am i missing something??

sorry for OT...

YMMV - when you use a resampler, the output is not bit perfect. However some DACs do prefer the maximum supported sampling rate all the time. As for me, I actually prefer leaving the Advanced Limiter DSP enabled.

From my personal experiance, I had once started using the much talked about SoX Resampler in foobar however I noticed after some time of repeated hearing that the foobar addin was actually distorting the high pitched vocals. So I stopped using it. In my opinion we should use DSP only in ordinary setups say for example listening with PC speakers where DSP effects makes the sound more hearable by its tweaks,.

I get to listen to my FLAC collection via my computer and I think foobar is great.
SShln1

I am no audiophile but I can hear noticable difference when I play high bit rate FLACs on Asus Xonar DX+Swans M50. Was trying to find best quality settings for foobar and reached this thread.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back