BenQ W1070 from US

gras4

I'm looking to get this projector if possible from the US.

Couple of questions:
1. I know there was an import duty recently on A/V imports like TVs. Does this apply to PJs? If so, what is the duty rate?
2. This one supports 110-240V. So shouldn't have issues with that. Will replacement bulbs be available in India? The Warranty terms on BenQ US are not clear - not sure whether there is international warranty. Does anyone here have experience with this?

Couple of questions:
1. I know there was an import duty recently on A/V imports like TVs. Does this apply to PJs? If so, what is the duty rate?
2. This one supports 110-240V. So shouldn't have issues with that. Will replacement bulbs be available in India? The Warranty terms on BenQ US are not clear - not sure whether there is international warranty. Does anyone here have experience with this?

Hi gras4,

Good choice VFM product.
If it is carried in person you can getaway without duty ,no boxes ofcourse.
The projector supports 110-240 . Benq does not extend India warranty.
Bulbs?, well iam atleast 2000hrs away from replacement,surely in a years time it will available.(have a good power backup).
Cheers

No warranty for US model in India. However replacement bulbs are available at Benq service centre and comes at around 15k excluding handling and service charges.

You can safely proceed ahead on this.

Last edited:
Hi Gras4,

Me too looking for the same projector and want the same for USA :)

How are you getting it from US ? sites like viaddress?

I am also not sure what will be the custom duty(if any)on projector. If you read mumbai custom website it does say there will be 36% duty on electronic items ..but if you calculate the total it will still be cheap when compared to benq projector cost in india

Couple of questions:

@gras4... I believe you must have done extensive research before selecting this model.
I had a chat with Screen Inovations only dealer in india a couple of days back (Sorry that I forgot the guy's name). They deal with various projector screens/projectors and sets up theaters as well.
He informed that despite the fact that Benq W1070 got excellent review in Amazon, the produce "lousy projectors". I can quote some of his words here....

"Benq might have adopted so many features but they failed to implement them properly. This is where Epson takes the upper hand" (or something like that)

He also suggested to go for Epson for home theater purposes. Please note that this is not my recommendation/suggestion. I am just sharing some experience.
You can also have a look at Epson 3020 (W6100 in india) or Epson 5020 (W8100 in india) as well.
I know that the million dollar debate arises again - DLP vs LCD. Still, if possible take a demo of all the PJs and let your eyes decide.

Thanks Saikat for sharing the info.

I'm planning to do demos definitely. I just wanted to narrow down my choices even for the demo!

optoma will be better choice if dlp is chosen..
epson on the other hand has many benefits..
indian warranty,good service..
if you cant see any diff btewwn dlp and lcd..go for epson.

you are right,However replacement bulbs are available at Benq service centre and comes at around 15k excluding handling and service charges.
13.gif

Couple of questions:

Same thing with me I am also looking for benq w1080st Pj from ebay usa website but do'nt know how much custom department will charge.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back