BenQ W1070 in Mangalore or Bangalore

r_s_dhar

Hello all,

I have just become a new member after haunting this site for over a month. Quite a useful site with friendly voices. I am planning on buying BenQ W1070. Please could someone tell me:

1. Where this is sold in Bangalore or Mangalore;

2. How many owners of this DLP projector experience the rainbow effect?

3. What are the most reliable projector screen suppliers in Mangalore or Bangalore?

4. What DIY screen materials would you suggest me?

A million thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I have just become a new member after haunting this site for over a month. Quite a useful site with friendly voices. I am planning on buying BenQ W1070. Please could someone tell me:

1. Where this is sold in Bangalore or Mangalore;
: W1070 - Projectors - Products | BenQ India
Call or contact them:
Contact Us | BenQ India

2. How many owners of this DLP projector experience the rainbow effect?
: Don't own one, rainbow effect is seen by few and may not be noticed by others. Personally it does not affect me and i have used proejction tv for many years and using DLP projector too.

3. What are the most reliable projector screen suppliers in Mangalore or Bangalore?
: I got my stuff from inspired innovations in this forum and Mridul was the contact person. You can look him up on the forum.

4. What DIY screen materials would you suggest me?
:Home Theatre Projectors & Screens
Read and search through the above thread, you will get your answers on projector and screens.

A million thanks in advance.

i have responded to some of your questions in the quote box.
Just use the search option you would find answers to most of your questions.

Dushie,

Thanks. The BenQ lookup was not helpful. A certain regional manager of the company gave me the name of a supplier who could not be contacted. I shall try to get in touch with Mr. Mridul and see what help I can get from him. Thanks again.

Dushie,

This is to thank you again. I called Mr. Mridul Goel and he was very helpful. Unfortunately, he runs an online store and cannot give me a demonstration. He quotes Rs.99000 for W1070 -- 8000 more than the quotation I got from Pooja Electronics, Bombay.

Thanks again. This forum has been helpful. I may bother you people with more queries in the future.

Call Arun on 9886041300. He is the Benq dealer in Bangalore. Very prompt and active. Needless to say the first price quote you get will not be the final. Things start to move once the seller realizes you are serious.

Dushie,

This is to thank you again. I called Mr. Mridul Goel and he was very helpful. Unfortunately, he runs an online store and cannot give me a demonstration. He quotes Rs.99000 for W1070 -- 8000 more than the quotation I got from Pooja Electronics, Bombay.

Thanks again. This forum has been helpful. I may bother you people with more queries in the future.

Please let Mridul know what's the best price you are getting and see what best he can offer.

Dushie and Sash,

Thanks. Quite encouraging to know that haggling is possible. Since I am very very new to all this, I really did not know that price negotiation exists even here. One of the firms in Bombay quoted 80,000/- (for W1070) and then said that 14.5% VAT is extra. The best price I have been able to get is from, as I said, Pooja Electronics, Bombay (Rs.89K).

If any member of this forum reading this post has recently bought BenQ 1070 for less, please chip in and let beginners like me know the price and the location of the shop. TO MR. DUSHIE: I SHOULD HAVE A GOOD IDEA OF THE PRICE BEFORE I CAN QUOTE MY PRICE TO MR. MRIDUL, RIGHT?

Thanks again. I think I am beginning to get addicted to this forum. A very friendly place indeed.

TO MODERATORS: IF THERE IS A SECTION WHICH MENTIONS RECENT PRICE OF ELECTRONICS GOODS PURCHASED BY THE FORUM MEMBERS, PLEASE DIRECT ME TO THE LINK. A SEPARATE RUNNING THREAD IN WHICH A MEMBER SIMPLY MENTIONS THE ITEM AND THE PRICE AT WHICH IT WAS BOUGHT, WOULD BE BE WONDERFUL FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME!

Last edited:
Dear Mr Sash,

Thanks for giving me Mr. Arun Kumar's contact. I spoke to him and he quotes a price of 90,000/- + 14.5% Tax!!!!

He said that all lower price pieces are imported and their serial numbers will not be/cannot be registered with BenQ India. He says that the piece supplied by him will have 2 years on site service warrany etc.

Things are really becoming confusing. Who do I believe now!!

If i was in your place, I'd probably call Benq India, find out who is the authorized dealer, ask the relevant questions (serial number thing etc) and then negotiate with the authorized dealer. I'd go with the authorized dealer if the difference in price was not huge (say around 5-7k). That is what i did when i bought my projector - i got a lesser quote in Mumbai but chose someone in Bangalore (nearby) even though he was slightly more expensive. This is how I would make my move. You should choose based on information and your risk appetite.
Also pls negotiate hard with anyone you deal with - we are Indians and this is our fundamental right :)

Last edited:
Dear Mr Sash,

I cannot thank you enough. I hope you would appreciate all the tension and confusion one goes through just before committing oneself to a purchase of something well worth a lakh rupees! Now,

1. I did call BenQ India and the authorised dealer indicated by them does not show much interest. He does not even care to arrange for a demonstration!

2. I do want to deal with a properly authorized dealer and want to have bill and warranty and all other things. I do not want to make a grey market deal just to save a few thousand rupees.

3. After much homework I have come to know that there are after-sales service centres in Mangalore but not authorized dealers. Bangalore is my best bet. And in Bangalore I have

A. DNI Home Theatre (Can give demonstration but did not talk about warranty)
B. One Mr. Arun who claims to be an authorized dealer (90K+14.5% Vat)
C. Mridul Goel of Inspired Innovations (runs an online store and cannot give a demonstrations; quotes 99K[non noegotiable])

I am in a real fix. I am ready to make a quick trip to Bangalore. But I want a demo, assured price and bill and warranty.

Thanks Sash; please keep me informed. I have 700 SqFt of exclusive covered terrace in a flat with access from inside the house. I am planning to costruct a 18X15 Ft dedicated Home Theatre!

Last edited:
Dear Mr Dhar,
I was in the same boat as you are in, so totally understand. Some more points -
1. DNI has demo rooms for many projectors (Epsons included). So you can audition projectors there and they are very reputed so there should be no questions about warranty.
2. Arun's reference was given to me by Benq south India distributor, so he's genuine too.
3. Pls also consider Epsons. If you like the kind of picture the Epsons (LCD) produce, then i can vouch for the quality and their business ethics.
That said, Benq 1070 is a great performer and has lens shift (absolutely great feature). Good luck with your HT. Like me, i hope you will eventually feel that this is the best investment you have made.

Sash,

Epson 6100, Magnat 1000 and Kplish subs! vow, you are all set, aren't you? Good for you.

I am not averse to considering Epson. In fact I have only temporarily decided that my projector would be BenQ. I have done quite a few nights of homework on DLP Vs 3LCD (Rainbow Vs Panel degradation)!. Which one I am going to buy finally depends on the demo I am going to have.

How long have you been using Epson 6100? Do you see any picture quality changes?

I am sometimes frustrated that we talk a lot about these things depending entirely upon US or UK reviews without any personal experience. I am sure reading about a projector and using one actually on a day-to-day basis are entirely different propositions.

Thanks as always for your encouragement and helpful tips.

I have been using the 6100 for 8 months now - haven't checked the hours, but i watch 3-4 movies a week. I am totally satisfied with picture quality so far with absolutely no degradation. I wish this PJ had lens shift, that is the only feature i miss but other than that i'm completely satisfied. However i have found a way to circumvent that too. It is also very bright which is good for 3d movies but can be an issue if you have a room with light colored walls and ceiling (too much ambient light) - i painted the ceiling black and the front few feet of wall now has black paper, so now i'm all set.
I do not notice any screen door effect or such.
My sources are movie rips from hdd (played through blu ray player), blu rays and dvds. All of them look excellent with absolutely no pixellation even at 13 feet from a 120" screen.
Pls do not hesitate to ask if you need any other info about this pj.

hai r s dhar

plz do visit or talk to lokesh @ 8105055008

he has sold and installed lot of high end home theaters

various brands ,

accoustics , equipments and chairs

thanks

staravs

Sash,

Thanks. I will come back to pick your brains when need arises. As I said, BenQ is my current choice; but depending upon the rainbow effect I may certainly change my choice. I have a small progam that runs random geometric shapes (black on white and vice-versa) that can be run from a computer and you will see for yourself whether you are susceptible to RBE when it is projected. Thanks again

Last edited:
Staravs,

Thanks a lot for giving the contact No. of Mr. Lokesh I will talk to him tomorrow. By the way, where is this chap located?

All Members,

PLEASE LET ME KNOW URGENTLY:

IS 85k FOR BENQ 1070 (WITH BILL AND WARRANTY) A GOOD PRICE?

PLEASE ANSWER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back