best 3d blu-ray players in indian market

Sony PS3

Can't be made region-free though. Not a problem if you're buying discs from India alone, as most releases are Region-Free.

"Good" is subjective. If you are going to play original BDs, all known brands are good. If you are looking at DVD upscaling then the models in the 10-14k range are better. The higher end ones will be 3D capable as well. Finally there is a budget to be considered. BDPs start from 8K to 20K. Sony PS3 is unique because it doubles up as a gaming console as well. Whatever is said above with Indian context, holds true for foreign players as well except that there are much wider choices. State your needs, budget, etc. and then a BDP can be suggested.

The only players sold in India that can be made region free are Panasonic BD players.

The only players sold in India that can be made region free are Panasonic BD players.[/QUOTE said:
Could you please elaborate more on that. which Panasonic blu ray Indian player can be made region free? and how does one make it region free for both dvd and bluray?

All Panasonic BDPs sold in India currently can be made region free. You must visit firmwareinfo.com for details on "how-to". I can't discuss the procedure in forums.

Definitely a Playstation 3... U can use it for multipurposes...

+1 to this. Apart from being a multipurpose machine, PS3 is the best DVD upscaler IMO.
I would say go for PS3 (as these days most of blu rays are regionfree) and if need be buy a cheap DVD player (a sub 4k range -Sony) which can be made region free easily. I am using similar setup.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

No doubt the PS3 is a fantastic machine but it comes at a steep cost - Rs. 17k to Rs. 19k. It cannot be made region-free. While this is not a hindrence to BDs which (as stated) are mostly region free anyway, for DVD this can become a bottleneck. Your suggestion of having a DVD player as well is adding another 4k.

No doubt the PS3 is a fantastic machine but it comes at a steep cost - Rs. 17k to Rs. 19k. It cannot be made region-free. While this is not a hindrence to BDs which (as stated) are mostly region free anyway, for DVD this can become a bottleneck. Your suggestion of having a DVD player as well is adding another 4k.

Agree with you. My kind of setup would help for casual / frequent gamer though. And if one could make PS3 region free then nothing like it!:eek:hyeah:

Agree with you. My kind of setup would help for casual / frequent gamer though. And if one could make PS3 region free then nothing like it!:eek:hyeah:

Unless one's PS3 gets the YLOD like mine. :mad: Thank goodness I have the BDP-S370 as well.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back