Best 75in TV under 2L

rksingh1

From Indian context, 2L may not mean a lot for 75in TV, but if you see, that's like 3k USD for 75in

I am little flexible on budget, what could be a good option for me? I am not hell bent on OLED. My viewing has considerable amount of Tata Sky and SDR content. High end HDR viewing would be around 10-20% streamed via Prime mainly. Zee5 and Hotstar anyway don't had HDR content. I don't keep Netflix subscription always.

Audio I don't care. Upscaling needed. Good software, easy user experience, good colors, apps access, content viewing over wifi from my network HD, phone mirror etc are used quite a few times.

Do I have any 75in option?

Last edited by a moderator:
How big is the room? Straight on viewing or spread out? Bright room viewing or dark room movie watching? Answers to these should help in selecting some suitable options

At 75” the upscaling better be good.
Sony X950G is over you budget at 3.5L.
samsung Q60R should be available at a cheaper price now that 2020 models are in.
TCL C815 is listed for 1.5L.

How big is the room? Straight on viewing or spread out? Bright room viewing or dark room movie watching?

It's living room - L shaped, viewing distance is around 12 feet. Straight viewing in front of the TV. Full lit bright room.

X950G is well over the budget, I doubt it's going to lose 1L more in its pricing. Q60R is around 3L too. TCL C815, worth 1.5L?

I am also looking for a good 75 inch television but the problem is the difference between 65 inch and 75 inch is astronomical. For eg. X950g you can get for 1.67 lakh for 65 inch whereas it is 3.7 L for the 75 inch. It is like buying two 65 inch tvs and still left with money left. I think 75 inch tv market in India is yet to grow for more affordable and good options. Anyhow, now i am looking for 75 inch x800h from sony which is a step down from x950g. It is not a FLAD but has dolby vision and atmos. I think it also has a VA panel. I am not sure though. Its list8ng price is 2.27 on sonys website. Wait till diwali and see if x950 can offer some good discount.

From Indian context, 2L may not mean a lot for 75in TV, but if you see, that's like 3k USD for 75in

I am little flexible on budget, what could be a good option for me? I am not hell bent on OLED. My viewing has considerable amount of Tata Sky and SDR content. High end HDR viewing would be around 10-20% streamed via Prime mainly. Zee5 and Hotstar anyway don't had HDR content. I don't keep Netflix subscription always.

Audio I don't care. Upscaling needed. Good software, easy user experience, good colors, apps access, content viewing over wifi from my network HD, phone mirror etc are used quite a few times.

Do I have any 75in option?

I am afraid you will get anything under 3L for a decent 75" from Big 3.

now i am looking for 75 inch x800h from sony which is a step down from x950g. It is not a FLAD but has dolby vision and atmos. I think it also has a VA panel. I am not sure though. Its list8ng price is 2.27 on sonys website. Wait till diwali and see if x950 can offer some good discount.

From top 3, that is one respectable model - its avg at best, but respectable. It is IPS panel, not VA. I saw 75X80G in showroom a month back. It was not bad. 75X80G is at 2.04. There are likely chances to see 80H around this mark in Diwali.

From other brands VU 75QDV is retailing at 85k on Flipkart. I have 75OAUHD fro VU in office for more than an year - it is good for what it is.

TCL C815 as suggested for 1.5L - I feel it is little overpriced. Around 1.2 or 1.1L and it could get buyers. Also, it is incredibly difficult to get C815 TVs. Not available at RD, not listed on Amazon - the two authorized retailers. Guess the TCL stores have primary access to stock and they don't have offers on items. Samsung RU7100 and LG SM7600 are around 1.7L - they don't give me any confidence and I feel VUs and TCL will be better than those two entry level 75 inchers

I have read in several online reviews (US based though) that 75 and 85 inches of x800H has VA panel. No way to re- confirm that as no company tells the kind of panel they use in each variant of each model. I am reluctant to put money in TCL as i am intending to use the TV for atleast 8 years ( or as long as it works) as the only need to replace a tv for an average viewer like me is to go for bigger size. My samsung 40 inches TV is going good for past 6 years and no issues till date. May be on diwali x800h come near to 2 L. 75 inch of x800g uses IPS panel and is a bit dimmer than X800h also no support for dobly vision. I think from top 3 brands, only sony is the cheapest in 75 inch with x800H which is a direct lit and not edge lit like samsung (non qleds) and lg (non oleds).

only need to replace a tv for an average viewer like me is to go for bigger size. My samsung 40 inches TV is going good for past 6 years and no issues till date.

You sound so much like me. I have a sony 42in which is 6yrs old and all I want now is a good, decent bigger size TV.

I understand that TCL as brand may not instill confidence as much as top 3 do, I'd request you to just research a bit on C815 - 75in. I was skeptical on this brand too, but for last two days I have done some research and my perception about this TV has been better than what it was earlier. The images from that QLED TV looked great - has HDR10+, DV, MEMC, 120hz native panel, 400nits of brightness, 4000:1 contrast ratio - its got many things going for it.

My BIL has a budget TCL 55in for almost 2 years, no complaints from him. So that has some sort of confidence, plus TCL stores are all around BLR city for service and support.

I was having so much of a hope for Samsung to launch Frame 75in at around 2L, considering their 65in is at 1.4L. They launched it for 4.7L!!!!!!

I'll research on 800h - will see if they have VA for higher versions. Rtings hasn't highligted it in their review.

See if you could able to find Sony X9000f 75". Its a 2018 model FALD tv with VA panel. Also it uses the X-wide angle, So the viewing angle will not be problem. It might be fall within your budget. Just check with Croma, Reliance digital and other big showrooms. If you are lucky , you could find one.

You sound so much like me. I have a sony 42in which is 6yrs old and all I want now is a good, decent bigger size TV.

I understand that TCL as brand may not instill confidence as much as top 3 do, I'd request you to just research a bit on C815 - 75in. I was skeptical on this brand too, but for last two days I have done some research and my perception about this TV has been better than what it was earlier. The images from that QLED TV looked great - has HDR10+, DV, MEMC, 120hz native panel, 400nits of brightness, 4000:1 contrast ratio - its got many things going for it.

My BIL has a budget TCL 55in for almost 2 years, no complaints from him. So that has some sort of confidence, plus TCL stores are all around BLR city for service and support.

I was having so much of a hope for Samsung to launch Frame 75in at around 2L, considering their 65in is at 1.4L. They launched it for 4.7L!!!!!!

I'll research on 800h - will see if they have VA for higher versions. Rtings hasn't highligted it in their review.
Yeah very much alike. Ok i will do my research on tcl c815 as well and get back to you. X800H has a peak brightness of 531 nits and is a direct lit (confirmed on rtings). Whereas the TCL C815 has 400 nits and , as far as i know, is edge lit. Also the rtings have mentioned about reports recieved by them that 75 and 85 inch of X800H has VA Panels but has not confirmed. I have attached screenshot of the same. The C815 being edge lit and from TCL brand is putting me off a bit. The only viable options in 75 inch which appears to give good value for money are x950g (if you want FALD and have 3.5 L to spend on tv) and x800h (without FALD, only 60hz panel) Hisense is also not releasing their 75 inch h8g. I will research on C815 and get back to you. Also i do not know how much impactful is 120hz panel over 60 hz panel. But i have heard good things about sonys motion handeling. When are you planning to buy?

Attachments

• sketch-1595844360029.png
    sketch-1595844360029.png
    1,009.2 KB · Views: 20
See if you could able to find Sony X9000f 75". Its a 2018 model FALD tv with VA panel. Also it uses the X-wide angle, So the viewing angle will not be problem. It might be fall within your budget. Just check with Croma, Reliance digital and other big showrooms. If you are lucky , you could find one.
No 75 inch size for x90f as seen from sony website. I think they did not release 75 inch in India.

Also i do not know how much impactful is 120hz panel over 60 hz panel. But i have heard good things about sonys motion handeling. When are you planning to buy?

Currently have 60hz TV. Moving to 120hz would have been a natural upgrade - especially for sports content. I watch F1 and Cricket considerably. Also, its 2020 - and I am willing to spend good money, 120hz and 10bit panels should form part of basic items. Again, not sure how much of this will imapct my daily viewing.

I am willing to wait til Diwali if need be. Else, a good offer now and I might take the jump.

Currently have 60hz TV. Moving to 120hz would have been a natural upgrade - especially for sports content. I watch F1 and Cricket considerably. Also, its 2020 - and I am willing to spend good money, 120hz and 10bit panels should form part of basic items. Again, not sure how much of this will imapct my daily viewing.

I am willing to wait til Diwali if need be. Else, a good offer now and I might take the jump.
Ok same here i am waiting for diwali offers. Lets see how it pans out. Let me know if ypu find out any other viable options. Yeah 120 hz would be a good choice especially watching cricket or football on such a large screen with 120hz would be mesmerizing.

There is a Samsung TU8000 for 2.2L - 75in

Rtings rated it 7 compared to 7.1 of Sony. TU8000 uses VA panel, has better contrast ratio, and black uniformity compared to Sony X800h. Sony is brigher, and has WCG

TU8000 is an edge lit tv with very less peak brightness. x8000H is a direct lit with decent (not excellent like higeher end models) peak brightness. If 75 inch of sony has a VA panel, as claimed in several places online, I think would be a better TV than TU8000 overall with equivalent contrast ratio and better colour science. The only thing then lacking would be a 120hz panel.

In that case, look for x9000H when it gets released in India. it should fit between the pricing of x8000h and x9500h and will tick all the boxes. But again it would overshoot the budget even with diwali offers.

sharp 8t-c70ax1x 70(177 cm) 8k ultra hd smart tv best Price in india,buy sharp 8t-c70ax1x 70(177 cm) 8k ultra hd smart tv online in India on vijaysales.com,Sharp 8T-C70AX1X 70(177 cm) 8K Ultra HD Smart TV reviews.Sharp 8T-C70AX1X 70(177 cm) 8K Ultra HD Smart TV ratings, features, specifications.Free Shipping. Cash On Delivery , EMI option. https://www.vijaysales.com/Sharp-8T-C70AX1X-70-177-cm-8K-Ultra-HD-Smart-TV/12798

You could check on the LG 75" SM9400. It does have the IPS panel with full array local dimming. It might not be under 2L. But if you've some good bargaining skills, you could get under 2.5L. Heard some good reviews about it. Check on it, If you want to. :)

75X800h is available for display at Bangalore Kalyan Nagar showroom. Sales guy called and have me a price of 2.18 plus 3k of card Cashback.

It is listed on Amazon as well for same 2.18L price with no cost EMI.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back