Best AVR for music and movies for 33k?

permi.reddy

Hello Guru's

which is the Best AVR for music and movie ,support either 5.1 or 7.1, My cost is around 33k.

Thanks

Last edited:
Marantz AVRs are considered good for music too. I find my Yamaha RX-V471 also very good with music.

I also saw some post here before post this thread.there I found is,some AVR are good for music and some AVR are good for movies.so totally confused. I came to knw that Marantz is good for music only.onkyo and Denon is good for movies .

There is price thread for AVRs where you can find approximate price for most popular AVRs. FYI, Yamaha RX-V671 will cost around 36k, Denon 1912 will be around 37k. Both are 7.1

My experience with recent auditions is
Music - Marantz > Yamaha/Denon
Movies - Yamaha > Marantz > Denon

Pair the AVR with different speakers, the experience is different.

You have to believe your ears and hence step out and audition. Best of luck :)

Last edited:
Good differs from person to person!

If you are looking for models that fits in your budget, then

New ones Might be around 35k:

Marantz 5005
Yamaha rxv 671
Denon 1912
Onkyo 609 (don't know whether it is available or replaced with new model)

Check for pre used ones, you might get old high end model if someone wants to upgrade their system.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Good differs from person to person!

If you are looking for models that fits in your budget, then

New ones Might be around 35k:

Marantz 5005
Yamaha rxv 671
Denon 1912
Onkyo 609 (don't know whether it is available or replaced with new model)

Check for pre used ones, you might get old high end model if someone wants to upgrade their system.

I read one post in this forum,there Marantz 5005 is not good for movie and Denon 1912 is not good for music . :).I am looking which is good in both

Which place you are from? If you are from Bangalore, go to audioplanet n meet pazhani (you need appointment) while you come out, you will get some idea! Whether you buy or not, he gives good demo!

Which place you are from? If you are from Bangalore, go to audioplanet n meet pazhani (you need appointment) while you come out, you will get some idea! Whether you buy or not, he gives good demo!

if you give those details I will travel to Bangalore and i will meet him.

Hello Gcpraveen,

I will travel to bangalore,pls give me information abt audioplanet .I will contact him.I will clear doubts which I have.

Thanks in Advance.

what about Marantz NR1501 and 1402 modal for movies and music? or SR5005 is best than those?or Denon 1612 is best than these?

Last edited:
I also saw some post here before post this thread.there I found is,some AVR are good for music and some AVR are good for movies.so totally confused. I came to knw that Marantz is good for music only.onkyo and Denon is good for movies .

PERCEPTION - PERCEPTION - PERCEPTION
listen to the AVR's yourself and then decide,
It is your money and your ears

Personally, I believe one should avoid used AVRs as they are all about features.

2.1, 5.1, 7.1, 7.2, DTS, DTS-HD, DD, DD-trueHD, MA, 3D, HDMI 1.3, 1.3a, 1.4 etc etc and what not!!

It is good to have the latest technology as unlike stereo, AVR and in that sense, HT is evolving everyday.

I think there is a general misconception that Marantz is ONLY good for music. I would like to put that to rest. Just because it does a fine job with music does not make is inferior to Denon or Onkyo for movies.
I use a Denon but if given a choice I would go with Marantz. For entry level Marantz receivers you can go with 1402, 1403, 5005...........

Hi Permi. Reddy.

I would suggest that you go for some auditions in Hyderabad before planning a trip to Banglore. Also I just skimmed through the thread.. so can you tell me once again what speakers are you gona use with the receiver u intend to purchase.???

I am sure you have option available in Hyderabad - Please check out the options available there and then you can plan on your Bangalore trip if that is what is required

what abt Marantz SR5005 and NR1402 and Denon 1612 modal?I check in hifimart.com these are in my budget.give me best one among these.pls

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back