Best Blu Ray Player within 10k budget

druk2004

Dear Experts,

Can you suggest best Blu Ray Player within Rs 10k budget.

Main purpose:
- Play various movie formats from USB/USB HDD
- should support all possible video/audio codec formats
- Play CD/DVD/Blu Ray
- Play files from Data CD/ Data DVD
- Play pirated DVDs/CDs
- Excellent Picture quality
- Play all latest Dolby formats

Optional
- LAN
- WiFi
- Web Browser
- DLNA

Cheers
Druk

Dear Experts,

Can you suggest best Blu Ray Player within Rs 10k budget.

Main purpose:
- Play various movie formats from USB/USB HDD
- should support all possible video/audio codec formats
- Play CD/DVD/Blu Ray
- Play files from Data CD/ Data DVD
- Play pirated DVDs/CDs
- Excellent Picture quality
- Play all latest Dolby formats

Optional
- LAN
- WiFi
- Web Browser
- DLNA

Cheers
Druk
Check Out Samsung H6500
Panasonic DBT-230
Also Check Pioneer BDP-160
IF MORE FORMATS IS IMPORTANT AND WIFI IS A MUST THEN SAMSUNG H6500 WOULD BE IDEAL. IT IS MORE CAPABLE FOR ALL NETWORKING FEATURES,ETC
PIONEER WILL BE A STURDY ONE AND WILL PLAY ALL FORMATS BUT HAVE HEARD THAT THE UI IS A LITTLE SLOW

http://www.whathifi.com/pioneer/bdp-160/review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/samsung-bd-h6500-review

http://www.trustedreviews.com/pioneer-bdp-160-review

Last edited:
I'm in confusion between Samsung BD-H6500 and BD-H5500 models. I have a 3D SMART TV, so no specific need for that wifi/ or SMART HUB features in player. When I closely watched the specifications, the main difference that confuses me is in the AUDIO department:

H6500 has DTS-HD Master Audio Decoding and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio Decoding with Audio decoding output Dolby Decoding 7.1 Channel while the H5500 don't have DTS-HD MA and only 2.1 decoding??

I'm planning to pair it with a AVR capable of decoding DTS-HD MA ... Both of the above players has DTS-HD Bitstream Output and LPCM. I think both of these will send true uncompressed Master Audio to AVR through HDMI; so AVR do the decoding..

:confused: Please guide me...

Hello Friends,

I am also under confusion about the purchase of blue Ray player?

Can anyone guide which one 3D blue ray player comes within 10k budget?
I hope it should play all formats with external Hard Disc as well as blue ray disc?

Regards,
Girish R

Pioneer players are good. BDP-160 or the latest BDP-170. I have a BDP-450 and it is solid. Bluray playback is excellent with 32 bit xv color and Qdeo processing.

Hello Friends,

I am also under confusion about the purchase of blue Ray player?

Can anyone guide which one 3D blue ray player comes within 10k budget?
I hope it should play all formats with external Hard Disc as well as blue ray disc?

Regards,
Girish R

Pionner BDP-170 should meet your requirement, maybe you need to fork couple of thousands more but worth the money.

You should go for Samsung BD-H6500, DTS HD-MA makes the device future proof, Samsung Blurays are Sigma Chipset based devices (read in a few forums) and should produce better audio than the competition. I am personally moving from Playon HD to H6500.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back