best bookshelf speakers under 25k for music

Rajkumars

Any recommendations for bookshelf speakers under 25k for music?.....must be good at bass and no distortion at high volumes ....and warm sounding ....are my requirements.......please help me in choosing them...

Any recommendations for bookshelf speakers under 25k for music?.....must be good at bass and no distortion at high volumes ....and warm sounding ....are my requirements.......please help me in choosing them...

Raj,

You're asking for something that for the most part doesn't exist.:sad: If you need "very good" bass response below 40-50 Hz, you have to add a sub-woofer to complement them.

However, a small list which fits your budget that can be considered:

* DALI ZENSOR 1
* Polk Audio TSx 220B
* Q Acoustics 2020i
* Audioengine 5+ (Powered)
* PSB Alpha B1
* Boston Acoustics A26
* Tannoy's (I forget the model number)

Audition everything that you can in the demo rooms... but remember that unless you put in a lot of time, effort and money into sorting out the acoustics in your room, it's not going to sound the same.

For that reason, I don't think doing a blind buy is a bad idea. If it fits your budget, and it's got universally good reviews... especially by people who've taken it home, then it's probably good.

And lastly, you can get great sound on a budget... just keep looking for good deals.

Cheers!

Swans would be one the best as far as your budget is concerned.. It doesn't require amplifier..

Swans M200MKII for approx 20k
Swans M50 2.1 approx 18.5k

If you don't have an amp, going for a pair of active studio monitors is a good idea. For the budget of 25k speakers + an amp, you get some pretty good active monitors. One that I can recommend based on personal experience is the Presonus Eris E8. Available for around 40k. There is a smaller model called the E5 which is also supposed to be good but may compromise on bass (I haven't personally heard this one, have heard the E4.5 and the E8)

Among passive speakers, Wharfedale and PSB may be worth a look.

If you don't have an amp, going for a pair of active studio monitors is a good idea. For the budget of 25k speakers + an amp, you get some pretty good active monitors. One that I can recommend based on personal experience is the Presonus Eris E8. Available for around 40k. There is a smaller model called the E5 which is also supposed to be good but may compromise on bass (I haven't personally heard this one, have heard the E4.5 and the E8)

Thanks for the suggestion.....
For the time being please forget about the amp ...I just need a good bookshelf meeting my requirements..... Max but is 25K

Monitors come with a amp.....which means some money is spent on that amp.....but I want to spent entire 25K on speakers only..... So that best is achieved.....

Can you please help me in choosing passive....wharfdale or PSB models

Last edited:
I bought Wharfedale 220 for 20K..They have got 'five star' rating in WhatHifi.
I am still waiting for delivery of my amp..
Most of the people here cannot recommend you speakers unless you tell them the amp you have ..
This is because all speakers do not pair well with all amps.
For example PSB alpha pairs best with NAD..
Wharfedales pair well with Marantz/Norge etc..
Just hang over the speaker section of the forum and you can surely select the best speaker for your pleasure!
Which amp you have ?
Have you auditioned some speakers?

Last edited:
Most of the people here cannot recommend you speakers unless you tell them the amp you have ..
Just hang over the speaker section of the forum and you can surely select the best speaker for your pleasure!
Which amp you have ?
I have bought Denon
x2000

Auditioning the speakers is not possible.....

I am planning to get wharfdale 220....but rti a1 also sounds good ....confusion...

BTW how is wharf 220 sounding

Last edited:
If you can stretch it to around 28k then look for Dali Zensor 3, you will not regret the stretch.
This will also go a long way in fulfilling your wish for good strong defined bass, the 7" driver is very capable.

If you can stretch it to around 28k then look for Dali Zensor 3, you will not regret the stretch.
This will also go a long way in fulfilling your wish for good strong defined bass, the 7" driver is very capable.
Sounds interesting but the freq response is only
50hz-20k...

Both diamond 10.1 and 10.2 are discontinued model
10.1 awarded ,whereas 10.2 is big brother to 10.1
See for the demo units/go for demo with your amp

I have quad 11l classic for sale,..if it interest you...you can read reviews about it...I think for music...quad is one among the best...price is under your budget..pm me if interested

Which amp you have ?
Can wharfdale 220 fill my room of 20x15 ft

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back