Best Budget Stereo Amp To Drive PSB Image B6 (L&R Pair)

abhi_jollyguy

As title says, plz suggest me as I have also searched lil bit and here is my searched AMPs:

1. Norge 1000
2. Cambridge Audio Azur 340A
3. NAD C315BEE
4. Cambridge Audio Azur 550A
5. NAD 326BEE

Can I drive PSB Image B6 speaker with Norge 1000 or Cambridge Audio Azur 340A to reveal it's full potential?

re: Best Budget Stereo Amp To Drive PSB Image B6 (L&R Pair)

PSB Image B6 are very efficient speakers so you can drive it with NAD 315 too but the recommended amplifier would be NAD 326 due to the better power supply and extra load in factor. So that you can get more omph from the same speakers even at slightly higher volume levels.

Nad & PSB sounds well as I heard this combo @ Lakozy.
Ashish is right that 326 is recommended,still to me 315 sounds better than 326.

Hi abhi,

Also try with Marantz PM 6003/ 7003 amps as they sound very well with almost all BS speakers.

N.Murali

Guys I need to order speakers and AMP so plz tell me which AMP will be the best to drive PSB Image B6

1. Yamaha A-S500
2. Rotel RA-06
3. Denon PMA-710
4. NAD C326BEE

Last edited:

the nad would be a better bet IMHO.cheers

I have ordered PSB Image B6(Left and Right Pair) and NAD C326BEE just now. I hope it will full my sound preferences excellently.

Waiting for ur inputs guys that Did I make a right purchase?

Hi abhi,

How much did you pay?

N.Murali

good choice
i like the speaker

though NAD pairs excellent with PSB
this particular B6 model does well with the Denon you have mentioned too
It would do well with a brighter amp (compared to the warm NAD too)

good choice
i like the speaker

though NAD pairs excellent with PSB
this particular B6 model does well with the Denon you have mentioned too
It would do well with a brighter amp (compared to the warm NAD too)

Did u mean that it does not do that well with NAD as with Denon do?:rolleyes:

I am in the same dilemma regarding these two amplifiers.
Yesterday I tried both the amplifiers and consensus of my family was that nad c326 is more musical. Denon seemed brighter. Although denon pma 710 seemed to produce cleaner sound but when we listened to the same track compared to denon , nad was immediately foot tapping. This happened with almost all the music that we tried.
Also some minor points with the denon were
1. Source direct button has no led indicator.
2. No front panel aux input.
3. Volume knob has no clearly visible indicator so from 6 feet it is very difficult to know its position.
4. Nad seems to have more output power than denon.
5. nad is heavier by .400 kg.
Denon was offered to me @ 25k. Can anyone give me current price of nad c326.

I have used NAD326BEE+PSB B6 for quite sometime. I never recommend NAD amplifier for PSB or paradigm speakers. Deon is far better than NAD when used with PSB. But again it is my personal opinion where majority may not agree with me.
Current market price could be 29K+

...I never recommend NAD amplifier for PSB or paradigm speakers. Deon is far better than NAD when used with PSB. But again it is my personal opinion where majority may not agree with me.
Current market price could be 29K+

Hi svkndv,
While many among us have realised that we all hear the same gear differently, it's still amusing to see opposite opinions... see mine for example in above quoted case:

1. I was very impressed with NAD C326 + Paradigm Titan pairing. Recently I found another fellow member (Sarang) who felt the same and now is proud owner of this combo.

2. I've heard the Denon PMA500 & 700 series and was underwhelmed. In fact l preferred Norge-1000 overall SQ than these Denons during an audition wherein the source and speakers were kept same.

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi svkndv,
2. I've heard the Denon PMA500 & 700 series and was underwhelmed. In fact l preferred Norge-1000 overall SQ than these Denons during an audition wherein the source and speakers were kept same.

Regds,
Sonosphere

Hi Sonosphere,

I agree that the Denons sound different with a brighter treble and a slightly boosted bass. Both the high and the low frequencies seem overemphasised at the expense of the middle frequencies. This makes for exciting listening but may be fatiguing over extended listening periods.

Regards.

I have ordered PSB Image B6(Left and Right Pair) and NAD C326BEE just now. I hope it will full my sound preferences excellently.

Waiting for ur inputs guys that Did I make a right purchase?

Hi Abhi. Congrats on the new gear! I think you did fine. I heard NAD and PSB in UK & they sounded great. Very clean and warm sounds - great for late night listening of The Eagles and Norah Jones, if that's your music! I am sure you will like the combo. :)

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back