BEST CAR AUDIO SHOPS in Bangalore

Kittu

Hey Guys ,

I will be getting my Swift VDI soon. Planning to get a good CAR audio system setup in bangalore.... I need you to give me some names (shops ,ph numbers) of someone who knows technicals and try not oversell stuff for a small car....

Also my budget is 30k ...

Like to connect USB and My iphone 3gs (so I need something which supports A2DP) ....

I like Classic rock, sometimes heavy metal(hic hic) and hip hop most of all big fan of Ilairaja......

Please suggest me a headunit with good speaker combo...

Thanks,
Kittu:rolleyes:

Hey Guys ,

I will be getting my Swift VDI soon. Planning to get a good CAR audio system setup in bangalore.... I need you to give me some names (shops ,ph numbers) of someone who knows technicals and try not oversell stuff for a small car....

Also my budget is 30k ...
You can try Satya aka Bluraven. His shop 'Evo' is in Cambridge Layout. Call him at 9845376094. He is knowledgable, passionate on ICE and makes recommendations according to customer's requirements, does a clean install. Expect to take delivery of your car in the wee hours of the morning although 7PM was your delivery time:lol:. Apart from this one issue, you should be fine.

+1 to santhols suggestion.i did visit satya of EVO for my ICE upgrade less than 3 wks ago and am very satisfied with the outcome.cheers

Based on my interest of music can you suggest some good headunits. Also if you can let me know what both of you got it will give me some thing to compare. I know there is auditioning for HT systems but is it same for CAR AUDIO ........... :rolleyes:

Based on my interest of music can you suggest some good headunits. Also if you can let me know what both of you got it will give me some thing to compare. I know there is auditioning for HT systems but is it same for CAR AUDIO ........... :rolleyes:

Standard advice I get\give:
Alpine Head Units are supposedly very good for SQ. Pioneer makes great VFM.

Speakers, go for Infinity\Polk\Boston components for the front doors.
Amp: Get a decent 2 channel amp to drive the components

Cables: Get a scosche kit with your future expansion plans in mind

When you want to spend more, add:
Subwoofer: subwoofer will depend on whether you want SPL or SQ
Amp: Add a monoblock which can easily drive your sub
Speakers for rear door: Optional

alpine makes great HU's.i still am yet to upgrade mine,an older series pio 5850,and for spkrs have gone for BA S60 components in front,BA FX6 coaxials in rear(older series of BA which i have been using for 3yrs now),Crunch Audio 900.4 amp,BA sxi series 12" sub in a small sealed enclosure,scosche/cadence wiring kits,acoustic foam for damping.very clean install,and after some tweaking of settings and such by me,sounds very nice indeed ;).cheers

alpine makes great HU's.i still am yet to upgrade mine,an older series pio 5850,and for spkrs have gone for BA S60 components in front,BA FX6 coaxials in rear(older series of BA which i have been using for 3yrs now),Crunch Audio 900.4 amp,BA sxi series 12" sub in a small sealed enclosure,scosche/cadence wiring kits,acoustic foam for damping.very clean install,and after some tweaking of settings and such by me,sounds very nice indeed ;).cheers

Missed adding my ICE in my previous post. My ICE is very very old. Even mine is a very old Pio unit - an 8450 that has moved three cars since 1996. Works well with a Pio 12 CD changer (no mp3). Five years ago, Anwar modded the headunit to accept an aux-in (for ipod) when I tune to any AM frequency in my radio and this mod is much better for SQ when compared to having an FM transmitter.

Speakers are Pio 2050 coaxials. These were very rare, but superb speakers and was basically a design based on Pio Cobra\Dome Speakers. The usual TS-220(?) tweeters. Also a pair Blaupunkt(forgot model #) component for the front.

Sub is a 12 inch Pio which needs replacing as it has a hole in it - thanks to some material I was carrying in the boot during my HT build.

Amp is a legendary GM3400 black amp which is 90x4 and powers everything with ease.

I have not upgraded so far because I don't enjoy music on the move the way I used to. I like the music from my sports exhaust note better than the ICE.

But it is high time I upgraded my system. Future plan is a Carputer as headunit plus whatever I suggested the OP with Hertz\MB Quart components, 12 Image Dynamics Sub(in a sealed enclosure) with Soundkill/Dynamat acoustics etc. Vitamin M is a scarctiy these days after joining HFV:D.

Hoping my car makes it quick before june... coz after june I have to pay 2% more roadtaxxxxx atleast I can use that money to buy a SUB for car audio..... Most times I am lone driver adding components in front is good or bad ? I want to be able to receive and make calls from the headunit pairing my iphone.....

Thanks for your replies... I heard some good reviews about audioplanet on teambhp ( they kind of do some caliberation and all ) . Any experience with them...

Kittu

@santhol,now i was under the impression u had a safari with the installed ICE?whr does the sports exhaust come in?which car :licklips:?i do agree,music from the free flow on my getz can be far more involving ;)!!!!cheers

@santhol,now i was under the impression u had a safari with the installed ICE?whr does the sports exhaust come in?which car :licklips:?i do agree,music from the free flow on my getz can be far more involving ;)!!!!cheers

Hey rallynut, I am a petrolhead too and drive a modified MPFI esteem. Mods include free flow exhaust, air filter, programmable ECU (Race Dynamics), Close Ratio Gearbox, MSD Race Ignition etc.

Wow, you too have a FFE. Your handle is rallynut, I should have guessed:). Music from the freeflow is lossless audio:licklips: and IMO no matter what ICE we may have, it will be like MP3 comparitively:).

Last edited:
hey Santhol / rallynut ,

What does race dynamics (ECU) do to the car......? I have seen some videos of them but not really understood what it actually does ? Please take your time to explain. And you still have not answered if I shld go for 4 speakers with sub or just leave it with 2 + Sub as I am a lone driver...

Kittu.....:rolleyes:

@kittu,if ur a lone driver as u say,a good set of components in front,a 4ch amp to drive them and the sub should do it very nicely.as for RD,they are a company which makes custom ecu's/mapping.it thereby alters the engine characteristics of a stock car(torque curves nd such),will let santhol explain it in more detail :D.

@santhol,nice!!a modded mpfi esteem(circa?):licklips:!!!i run a 2004 potomac blue getz 1.3,bronzed gold 15"alloys,205/55 nankang ultra sport tyres,k&n panel filter,FFE with an SS endcan,and have gotten my cylinder heads grooved with minimal porting from Mr Somender Singh himself.next(hopefully soon and if my folks havent managed to sell my wheels by then),ecu remap,racing clutch,closed ratio box,and a small turbo charging experiment.man do i love my car :indifferent14:!!

cheers

hey Santhol / rallynut ,

What does race dynamics (ECU) do to the car......? I have seen some videos of them but not really understood what it actually does ? Please take your time to explain. And you still have not answered if I shld go for 4 speakers with sub or just leave it with 2 + Sub as I am a lone driver...

Kittu.....:rolleyes:

ECU stands for Engine Control Unit and every MPFI car comes with one. This works well for daily use cars. But if one is modifiying his/her car for performance and wants to change any of the parameters for eg: Air/Fuel Ratio, maps etc, there is little or no control in the ECU that is supplied by the auto manufacturer.

Racedynamics is a Standalone ECU which you can install in your car to improve and control its performance. With the RD ECU, you will be able to control fueling, ignition timing etc among other things. You can have custom maps based on your driving\racing style. You can set ECU cut off RPMs, launch control(for drag racing) etc. If we spend some time understanding how these things work, you can even build your own custom maps by connecting with a laptop. Racedynamics is based in Bangalore, more contact details can be found on their website racedynamics.in. Speak to Karthik.

Any MPFI car can be fitted with an RD ECU. They even have a RD ECU for diesel cars and an advanced version for controlling Turbocharged race cars. I am using the standard version at the moment. At the turn of a switch, the RD ECU can be disabled and the car runs on the orginal ECU.

About 2 or 4 speakers, I seem to enjoy 2 speakers on the front doors these days. This is the closest you can get to a stereo effect in a car. My wife's i10 came with a basic system(freebie) which included two front door speakers. Even though the system and speakers were not great, I could enjoy the seperation such that I could never do when I had speakers in the rear parcel tray. Since you are a lone driver mostly and the Swift has provision for door speakers even on the rear doors. I would say add a pair of good components to your front doors and two more if required to your rear doors (all components, no coaxials). JBL speakers are VFM and will easily fit into your budget. See if you can stretch and get a pair of Infinitys/Polk/Boston components. Stay away from Sony xPlods and the lowend Kenwoods.

@santhol,nice!!a modded mpfi esteem(circa?):licklips:!!!i run a 2004 potomac blue getz 1.3,bronzed gold 15"alloys,205/55 nankang ultra sport tyres,k&n panel filter,FFE with an SS endcan,and have gotten my cylinder heads grooved with minimal porting from Mr Somender Singh himself.next(hopefully soon and if my folks havent managed to sell my wheels by then),ecu remap,racing clutch,closed ratio box,and a small turbo charging experiment.man do i love my car :indifferent14:!!

cheers
rallynut, nice to know about your modded Getz. Wow, grooved head by Somender Singh from Mysore among other goodies. Racing clutch is on my list too and so is a hi-lift cam.

My Esteem is a 2004 Lxi, bought used in end of 2005. Bought used purposely, so I can use the money for mods. All the major mods like gearbox mod, FFE, CAI etc have been done in consultation with Mr.Raj Hingorani. I am running bronze colored superlight 15 inch wheels with 195/50 Yoko Sports tyres.

It is about time we have an automobiles thread\section here:eek:hyeah:.

@santhol,petrolhead forever eh :clapping:??such kinship among men is as undiluted as can be :lol:!!!hope i could get to see ur wheels when in blore sometime!when u do come to visit suri,hope im around,could discuss automobiles as well :D.

Awesome details santosh.... I will take your advice and put components in 4 doors with a sub in rear .... The car is gonna be with me for years so why not make a good audio system in it. I have owned a SWIFT ZXI before and what a crappy audio system it was (indash mounted)...... and that auto climate control drinks petrol waste feature for indian weather ......

The other part I hate in a swift is the suspension..... not sure what they have put as stock its damn hard...... I drove an i20 and fell in love with the suspension it had ..... but too bad 2 lakh more than swift :(...... I will check with RD to see if they can add some mods to the suspension...... BTW howmuch that ECM unit costed you...

@santhol,petrolhead forever eh :clapping:??such kinship among men is as undiluted as can be :lol:!!!hope i could get to see ur wheels when in blore sometime!when u do come to visit suri,hope im around,could discuss automobiles as well :D.
Indeed rallynut, we should meet up when you are in Bangalore next or at Suri's place. Suri, himself is an autoenthusiast and has big plans for his OHC Vtec. He got himself a complete set of adjustable Sports suspension recently. Now that his sibilance problem have almost been fixed, it is time we Bangalore HFVians (Stevieboy, Kaushik etc) visit Kannur to check out his Witches.

I will check with RD to see if they can add some mods to the suspension...... BTW howmuch that ECM unit costed you...
RD is also the country distributors/partners(?) for HKS and have just the thing you may be looking for;). I have been driven in a Diesel Swift with the RD ECU and HKS suspension and man, that was a drive to remember. Never ever sat in a diesel car that drove so fast and handled so well.

Satya is gaining repo here also ;-). Even mine is done at his place only. I'm also now planning for some small upgrades. BTW, can anyone tell me some really good components for the fronts? Currently running JBL GTO. I find them bit harsh and I need something sweet(well even I myself don't exactly know what sweet exactly is but something which shouldn't hurt my ears). Budget will be around 8-10k. So how about Hertz Energy series or the Illusions? Any other choice? I heard the bostons once and I didn't like them much. Polk DB I didn't like much. But dunno how the momo is(costly too I guess?).
Will probably be changing the amp too but that'll be later.

@santhol,yessir,..lookin forward to seein u all soon.
@konfused,the illusions should be great,if not,the energy series from hertz is a good alternative.and yes,the current offering from BA is a little wanting when it comes to pure tonality and build as compared to the earlier stuff available.good and yet,can get better.do check out rainbow as well,handmade in germany,great stuff.cheers

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back