Best Crossover settings for Elac Cinema 5

ArunkumarMB

Dear Experts,
I am using Denon 1600H and Elac Cinema 5. What is the ideal cross over settings? Please suggest.

Speaker Configuration -
Satellite Speakers (Front, Center & Surround) - Frequency Response: 160 to 20,000 Hz
Subwoofer: 8-inch - Frequency Response: 40 to 200 Hz

Thank you.

80 hz is THX standard.
Start with 80 hz and go step by step above and check the sound for your liking. Going very high will make sound very flat and thin.

Also check your SP distance/SP level settings are set correctly if you haven't done audyssy setup.
Make sure speaker type is set to small in AVR.

Dear Experts,
I am using Denon 1600H and Elac Cinema 5. What is the ideal cross over settings? Please suggest.

Speaker Configuration -
Satellite Speakers (Front, Center & Surround) - Frequency Response: 160 to 20,000 Hz
Subwoofer: 8-inch - Frequency Response: 40 to 200 Hz

Thank you.
What did Audyssey set the speakers to? That should be your starting point. You can always find tune the settings once Audyssey run is done.

MaSh

Guys, I have upgraded the front speakers to Dali Oberon 1.
Ran Audyssey setup after upgrading, it has set the following
Front - 40 hz
Center - 120 hz
Surround - 120 hz

Audyssey had set the following
Front - 110 hz
Center - 120 hz
Surround - 120 hz

Yes for satellites that seems the right crossover. I had a similar crossover for my Polk owm3.

Guys, I have upgraded the front speakers to Dali Oberon 1.
Ran Audyssey setup after upgrading, it has set the following
Front - 40 hz
Center - 120 hz
Surround - 120 hz

Congratulations. Any plans to upgrade center too? That's a big crossover difference, you must be feeling it too. Try getting a dali vocal which should match better than what you currently have.

MaSh

Yes for satellites that seems the right crossover. I had a similar crossover for my Polk owm3.

Congratulations. Any plans to upgrade center too? That's a big crossover difference, you must be feeling it too. Try getting a dali vocal which should match better than what you currently have.

MaSh
Thank you.
Yeah I feel so much difference, hence planned to upgrade centre speaker to Dali Oberon Vokal after this lockdown gets over.
How is SVS PB1000 sub? Does it go well with Dali?

Thank you.
Yeah I feel so much difference, hence planned to upgrade centre speaker to Dali Oberon Vokal after this lockdown gets over.
How is SVS PB1000 sub? Does it go well with Dali?
Okay great. Yes that should be good.

Svs is a good sub. Subs do not need any matching as such. Adding the svs will surely bolster the low-end. How much are you getting the svs pb for?

MaSh

Okay great. Yes that should be good.

Svs is a good sub. Subs do not need any matching as such. Adding the svs will surely bolster the low-end. How much are you getting the svs pb for?

MaSh
Initially I haven't thought about changing the sub. But after upgrading Front, have to upgrade center anyhow. So planning to upgrade sub as well in near future.
Let me know how much it costs and best place to get it.

Initially I haven't thought about changing the sub. But after upgrading Front, have to upgrade center anyhow. So planning to upgrade sub as well in near future.
Let me know how much it costs and best place to get it.
Upgrade the center and see how your system sounds. You can then take a call on the sub. There is an xtz sub for sale in classified section. Check it out.

MaSh

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back