Best dac under 5 lakh

If you could highlight the remaining audio chain, it would be useful. According to me, the rest of the equipment and how well the DAC, source, amp, and speakers are matched also have a big impact on how warm and smooth the sound is. What DACs have you tried so far, should you have?

From whatever I've heard so far and looking at your preferences, that would be the Holo Audio May.

What is the rest of your setup?

Hello
Can any one suggest me a good dac under budget of 5 lakh.It should be smooth and warm sound.
With the kind of budget you have, the only way to find out is to audition in your room and system. All our systems, rooms and ears are different. So what sounds smooth to me, might end up being bright for you. All the best :)

With the kind of budget you have, the only way to find out is to audition in your room and system. All our systems, rooms and ears are different. So what sounds smooth to me, might end up being bright for you. All the best :)
Yes u r completely right but unfortunate in delhi there is very limited options to try.Also dealer prefer here to sell their own recommended brands.

Hello
Can any one suggest me a good dac under budget of 5 lakh.It should be smooth and warm sound.

I am sure others will agree to this that we realize very late in the game how important is a streamer when you have a DAC in your chain. One cannot appreciate a good DAC fully without a good source. With that, I would suggest that keep a good chunk aside for a streamer or a DDC.

I would recommend looking at Denafrips for DDC and DAC. Please look at or read about dCS Network Bridge too. It is a fantastic product that can elevate the performance of any DAC substantially.

In my experience, I haven't come across a DAC whose USB plays as good as its SPDIF and AES.

Sorry, if I confused you (which I did not mean to) but just wanted to share with you another aspect of your exploration.

I m using Luxman 590 ax mark 2 class A amp with Spendor classic 2/3 and siltech cables
For both Luxmand and spendor combo, Denafrips will not work, especially with the Luxmans, you can safely eliminate that. For spendor classics, try something that does not spoil the nature of the tonality. If you ask me, the Luxman + Spendor combo needs a home demo of DACs.

I m using Luxman 590 ax mark 2 class A amp with Spendor classic 2/3 and siltech cables
Luxman follows the ODNF topology and that’s a very fast sounding design. Typically garbage in garbage out.
If you are specifically looking to get a dac to mate with this amplifier, I think you should look at something which has the warmth of an R2R and also is equally transparent.
Some of the Dac’s that I can think of which does this better are EC Designs Power Dac R, Soekris 2541 or 1021 if you are okay to build one, Rockna Wavedream if you are okay to spend that kind of money, or if you can somehow lay your hands on Dangerous Music Convert 2 then you should look at taking the plunge.

I recently got a Lampizator baltic 3 to mate with my luxman pre/power. It sounds superb. Baltic 3 will be a little higher than your budget but you can consider the amber 4 dac, which should come in under your budget.
Goldfinch acoustic bangalore is the D&D for Lampizator in India.
Cheers,
Sid

I recently got a Lampizator baltic 3 to mate with my luxman pre/power. It sounds superb. Baltic 3 will be a little higher than your budget but you can consider the amber 4 dac, which should come in under your budget.
Goldfinch acoustic bangalore is the D&D for Lampizator in India.
Cheers,
Sid
Nice to know.

Also try and see if a chord dac works for you.

Few of my friends recommend me Gustard R26 which have smoothness of R2R with lots of details.
Supposed to be competitive with the Denafrips Pontus but this impression is second hand, not based on direct experience.

Another option to consider within the R2R world would be the Sonnet Morpheus. I own both that and the Pontus. The Morpheus is more resolving while the Pontus has more warmth. Which woul like more would be entirely a matter of preference.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back