best DVd player brand

manojbhagat

I always keep in mind when i want to get any new stuff.
Nowadays my dvd player is also not working well wanted to replace it need some suggestions to go for , i saw some of like philips, onida, mitashi, sony.
need some confirmation fom all .

IF brand matters to you, you have to wait and also have to visit stores and all this things you have to do. my opinion is you can go with philips.

There is no point of buying a DVD player nowadays. Get a Bluray player which will also play a lot of 720p HD videos from pendrive which DVD players can not.

BDP suggestion is spot on. Not only it will play your DVDs but also various 720p/1080p contents, BDs, lots of other file formats , etc. Another advantage is that it will upscale the content also, though the same feature will also be available on a DVDP with HDMI out. You are also being with current technology with a BDP.

It will be advisable to go for bluray players which are future proof and they can upscale the dvds to some extent.The pq will be great even you watch a dvd in bluray player. And for the amount 4.5k you can add another 2 to 3k you can get gud bluray player.Whether you are buying any blurays doesnot matter.I own a sonybdp 490 which delivers great pq.Ypu can get samsung f5500 also which is 6k .If you buy a 4.5k dvd and you will be worrying after 6 mons why not a bluray player.Blurays will be the future rate will also come down.Buy wisely.

No point buying a DVDP at all. I gave my old ( but in 9/10 condition) DVDP for free to my gardener as Big Bazaar was giving only 500/- in exchange offer. My second DVDP is a Panasonic which I bought last year for 2400/- only. Better buy a BDP for 6k+.

I am considering getting a replacement DVD player as my Pana BD refuses to play any home made / non commercial discs.......(my trusty Toshiba still works fine but the remote is giving problems)

I am considering getting a replacement DVD player as my Pana BD refuses to play any home made / non commercial discs.......(my trusty Toshiba still works fine but the remote is giving problems)

That's strange. My home made DVDs work fine. Are you sure that DVD was properly authored?

Dont know Kix - but had this problem right from the start- the BD 60 is an US region modified machine that I got in 2008: refuses to play any non commercial( recognised Studio) discs .....my Toshiba( the first Upscaling machine in 2007) and Oppo do not have any such problems: sadly the remote on my Toshiba is playing up......

Dont know Kix - but had this problem right from the start- the BD 60 is an US region modified machine that I got in 2008: refuses to play any non commercial( recognised Studio) discs .....my Toshiba( the first Upscaling machine in 2007) and Oppo do not have any such problems: sadly the remote on my Toshiba is playing up......

If the DVD is PAL and machine is NTSC only, then also the DVD will not play.

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back