best home theater system under 1 lakh

csricharan

hello folks,

need advice/suggestions for a friend of mine in bombay who is looking to buy a home theater system for around Rs1lakh. he had a look at the bose acoustimass 10 and wanted something that has comparable sound quality, compactness but for a slightly lesser price if possible. (ps: i have no idea or experience being a more focused on pure music system kind of guy. so i thought i would ask the experienced on the forum.) he is looking for bluetooth, apple connectivity (apple airplay), sony playstation, set-top box connectivity et al. and the set should include both the amp and the speaker system.

any suggestions would be most welcome and much appreciated.

sky is the limit, concentrate on center speaker and sub woofer that makes 95 % of the HT content for speakers and for amp decent AVR should do..YMMV for disclaimer..

Rather than Spending such huge sum at one go. I would take this one at a time.
First Decide whether you want FS or BS. if BS then invest first in good Center & Fronts and an AMP. After listening for few months and if budget permits, buy Rears may be Atomic .
Following are the options:
a] ELACS B6/B5/F5/F6 are great they are beast at the performance but u need a good amp to play. Norge Gold is good enough to drive BS. Expensive hence audition must to chk style sound etc. They are not stylish.
b]BA BA36 or A26 are good option.
c]Wharfedales for warmersounds. HTS -DX1 { I am putting this on sale this week have old one hardly used at 38k}.
d]I loved Tannoys if u are fine with boxy outlook.
e]Amps lots of options . But i would also prefer Emotiva for long RUN. Pl audition before jumping guns. I will rather invest as stated step by step and save money to have in Large Screen Projectors or Large TV ratherthan on Apt or Play.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back