Best LCD, LED TV inside 60K

tushargok

After doing lot of research I have come down to following models that fit inside my budget. Although my original budget was of 50K I have extended it to 60K and I'm trying my best that will give me maximum within my budget. People please do share your views.

1. I do not want 50hz refresh rate. I've already experienced the difference between 50hz and 100hz and want atleast 100hz refresh rate.
2. I want 40"+ size
3. I already owe SONY dz610 home theater and I noticed it cannot play all formats on USB so I'll prefer other brand than SONY.

Here are models I've zero down. [These prices are after bargaining]

SONY LCD 40" 40EX500 58,000/-
KLV-40EX500 : EX500 Series : BRAVIA LCD TV : Sony India
(Dont want to go for it unless left with no choice)

Philips LED 42" 42PFL4755 58000/-
Philips - 4000 series LED TV 42" Full HD 1080p - 42PFL4755/V7 - 4000 series - Televisions - Sound and vision
(People's comments on philips service has scared me however if anyone can share good examples of Philips service they are welcome)

Samsung LCD LA40C630K1R 59500/-
Connect to a wider world of entertainment - LA40C630K1R - LCD TV - Television | SAMSUNG
( I dont mind samsung but it's a LCD and not LED )

LG LCD 42" 42LD650 LCD TV 63,000/- with blue ray player
LG 42 Inch Full HD LCD TV - Model 42LD650 LCD

Heir LED 40" LE40T3 55,000/-
Welcome To Haier India : Inspired Living
(Has anyone purchased any Heir LED tv's? how is there service and over all product?"

Please share your views on Philips and Heir sales/service/product.

I'd also like to know if there are any LED,LCD users of Vu and Croma brand, and there are can you share your experience of brand/product and after sale service.

In this budget your best bet is a 42" Panasonic v20 plasma, no LCD that you mentioned here will come close to its performance.

In this budget your best bet is a 42" Panasonic v20 plasma, no LCD that you mentioned here will come close to its performance.

If one could stretch till 65-66k, other possibilities are Entry level LED(edge lit) like LG4600, LG5300, Sony EX710.
I am in similar search as yours.

Tushar... Go for LG42" LED 4600 series. It's below 60k [after some exchange + hard bargaining]. Check out my other threads about this series. It's positives over Sony & Samsung are

1. It's "LED" which is far better than an LCD.
2. Super slim & energy efficient
3. Refresh rate of 100Hz.
4. Fantastic Sound [tho u hv a Sony home theater] - For watching just TV channels u need not depend on ur home-theater.
5. USB drive supports upto 1TB of any external hdd [I hv tested upto 500Gb - howver some large files.... bluray rips over 4.5GB may stutter midway & jave lip sync issues].
6. LG free bluray player offer is still on [I refused it].
7. Brilliant PQ [sd reception is ok]
8. Absolute VFM [value for money over samsung & sony - ANY DAY].

Lastly I paid 66.5k for the 47" LG LED4600, and I am enjoying it thoroughly. [bajaj-finance has a "zero-interest" convenient EMI scheme for 12/18 months:yahoo: ]

Thanks terence_fdes. You were accurate, I did more research yesterday and found a fantastic TV from LG, I did check 4600 model you mentioned still it was beyond my budget and I settled on LG 42LE5300. I got it from Vijay Sales for 55K after old TV replacement. Man o Man! Its a rocking TV!!! Has everything I wanted under my price bracket. has one of the best contrast ratios 30,00,000:1 !!! So far It has played every video file format that I threw at it! ex: Video's from youtube:flv, avi, mkv, xvid quite amazed!

Thanks a lot for your advice and help.

hi Tushar

Congrats, seems like you made a great buy. I watched demo of this model yesterday and it was very good.

Did you try bargaining for LE5500? Any idea on what's the price difference there?
If the price difference is not too high, paying the premium can get me the blu ray as well.

hi Tushar

Congrats, seems like you made a great buy. I watched demo of this model yesterday and it was very good.

Did you try bargaining for LE5500? Any idea on what's the price difference there?
If the price difference is not too high, paying the premium can get me the blu ray as well.

The basic differences between LG 4600; 5300 & 5500 is the "contrast ratio" - lowest to highest in the order I've mentioned above. This however is barely discernible to even the trained eye. But the PRICE DIFFERENCE is MAJOR.

Having said that - I honestly feel that no buyer should ever fall for "Netcast or Broadband" features that many manufacturers bundle [in 5500 series] and charge a hefty premium - This feature always exist in every Bluray player or HD Media Players, which most buyers of LED/Plasma TV's would aquire later. Secondly no one ever gives a demo of the "broadband feature" as for it to work effectively - you need speeds of min 5MB/s and above.

PAY FOR ONLY WHAT IS ESSENTIAL & DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OTHER ADD-ONS that hardly justify the price difference.

Lastly I paid 66.5k for the 47" LG LED4600, and I am enjoying it thoroughly. [bajaj-finance has a "zero-interest" convenient EMI scheme for 12/18 months:yahoo: ]

Hi Terence,
Are you playing only HD content or SD transmission (DTH) also? How is the SD picture? What's your viewing distance?

I am looking for 40-42" TV for my bedroom for HD content only. I have selected Panasonic 42V20D plasma so far. But after reading some alarming news that Panasonic may handover the distribution / servicing in India to Videocon from April'11, I am thinking again whether it would be advisable to go for Panasonic at this cross-road or go for LG/Samsung LEDs.

Hi Terence,
But after reading some alarming news that Panasonic may handover the distribution / servicing in India to Videocon from April'11, I am thinking again whether it would be advisable to go for Panasonic at this cross-road or go for LG/Samsung LEDs.

Where did you get this information? Am getting concened as panasonic is widly throwing 3 yrs warranty till 31st march which would sell lot of units but will end up in poor service for the next 3 yrs then.

Hi Terence,
Are you playing only HD content or SD transmission (DTH) also? How is the SD picture? What's your viewing distance?

I am looking for 40-42" TV for my bedroom for HD content only. I have selected Panasonic 42V20D plasma so far. But after reading some alarming news that Panasonic may handover the distribution / servicing in India to Videocon from April'11, I am thinking again whether it would be advisable to go for Panasonic at this cross-road or go for LG/Samsung LEDs.

My viewing distance is about 9 feet [I have an option for 15-20 feet BUT too many hassles in shifting furniture to weird locations in my living room:sad:]. At this distance SD viewing is pathetic...most channels [it needs 2 b at least 12 feet away for SD]. For HD content from my media player....this distance rocks i.e 9 feet.

About Pana's future in India, if what u say is true, then it's :sad:

My viewing distance is about 9 feet [I have an option for 15-20 feet BUT too many hassles in shifting furniture to weird locations in my living room:sad:]. At this distance SD viewing is pathetic...most channels [it needs 2 b at least 12 feet away for SD]. For HD content from my media player....this distance rocks i.e 9 feet.

About Pana's future in India, if what u say is true, then it's :sad:

Hope it does not come true.

42LE5500 was expensive by 10K... i.e. LE 5300 was 61k while 5500 was 72K and there were many features that I don't want in TV. Ex: Internet access.

hi Tushar

42LE5500 was expensive by 10K... i.e. LE 5300 was 61k while 5500 was 72K and there were many features that I don't want in TV. Ex: Internet access.

I'm very pleased with the picture quality of the SD channels shown on this TV. Surprisingly it's up scale feature never let's me know that I'm watching SD channel and not HD.
When I connect my laptop I also get excellent resolution. SO far I have not noticed any problem. I also connected my 2 TB external HDD and this TV recoganizes it well and plays all type of movies, music, pictures well!

i suggest have a look at Panasonic Plasma. true VFM with 3 years warranty

i bought a 50U20D for 64k along with a free Casio Synthesizer. have a look at this option also cause you just increasing the budget by 4k

The basic differences between LG 4600; 5300 & 5500 is the "contrast ratio" - lowest to highest in the order I've mentioned above. This however is barely discernible to even the trained eye. But the PRICE DIFFERENCE is MAJOR.

Having said that - I honestly feel that no buyer should ever fall for "Netcast or Broadband" features that many manufacturers bundle [in 5500 series] and charge a hefty premium - This feature always exist in every Bluray player or HD Media Players, which most buyers of LED/Plasma TV's would aquire later. Secondly no one ever gives a demo of the "broadband feature" as for it to work effectively - you need speeds of min 5MB/s and above.

PAY FOR ONLY WHAT IS ESSENTIAL & DO NOT FALL FOR ANY OTHER ADD-ONS that hardly justify the price difference.

Did they give you any decent reduction for refusing the bluray offer? 66.5k seems to be a great bargain.

i suggest have a look at Panasonic Plasma. true VFM with 3 years warranty

i bought a 50U20D for 64k along with a free Casio Synthesizer. have a look at this option also cause you just increasing the budget by 4k

No offence dude.... BUT u r suggesting a 50" Plasma with a power consumption of 320W [apart from crazy heat dissipation :mad: ] over the 120W of an LED !!! and still call it VFM :yahoo:

Well dude there's something called as eco mode in the tv which brings down the consumption of electricity. You can read abt that in various forums. Also think abt the cost of a similar sized led. Would u be consuming that amount of electricity over the years to square off.
I had a samsung 5 series 46 led for 80k. Now its a diff of 16k which I am sure I will not consume so much electricity. So its vfm for me

Well dude there's something called as eco mode in the tv which brings down the consumption of electricity.

:clapping: You have fallen for the "marketing gimmick - ECO Mode!" To me it's like owning a Ferrari and being told - run it at 40-60 mph .... get the drift. In the eco mode - you sacrifice optimum PQ and even then the real drop in voltage is bollocks :yahoo:

Truth be told, I was desperate to settle for a plasma - However, when I learnt that Panasonic sells their best models ONLY in the USA & Europe at half the price of their obsolete models out here [GUYS CHECK OUT THE TECH SPECS OF THE US MODELS - Super low energy cons (just 110W); plenty of other green features and Wow!!! THX certified panels even on non 3D models] - so u see why I am pissed at these Companies and how we get conned in the end.

IT'S NO VFM for most things out here....and that's why I ended up picking the LG 47" led LE4600 and paid 66.5k for it.

HFV guys u shud also know that LG's state of the art series 47" LED LE8500 [size not available in India as yet] retails in USA for just 72k :mad: ..... if & when available in India it's mrp would be at least 1.75K [based on the pricing of 42LE8500 which is 1.5K !!]

Jaago India .... Jaago :mad:

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back