Best MKP caps for crossover build

hifiramr

Hi I like to know very good MKP caps for crossover design we have lot of very expensive stuffs there but looking for budget but value for money brands.Please share your ideas to get an input

CTR
Audiophiler
Bennic
Jantzen
All available here.
Hi I like to know very good MKP caps for crossover design we have lot of very expensive stuffs there but looking for budget but value for money brands.Please share your ideas to get an input

for caps I dont have any budget just want to know some brands Hari i know there will be many caps expensive but looking for a budget hi quality ones

for caps I dont have any budget just want to know some brands Hari i know there will be many caps expensive but looking for a budget hi quality ones
Check out theaudiocrafts.com and see if they are in your budget. Local makes are CTR & DEC but not very good as Crossover components.

Check out theaudiocrafts.com and see if they are in your budget. Local makes are CTR & DEC but not very good as Crossover components.

Is DEC & CTR available in Polypropylene ? The generally available yellow colour one seems to be Metalized Polyster capacitor.

regards,

Vipin.

I have found simple Epcos run capacitor which are MPP (metalized poly-proplene) to be way better than DEC & CTR for crossover duty. If you are lucky you may get the exact value you are looking for, but again you can series/ parallel them and available at a wide range if you look out. also quite cheap and does not break your bank. If not used, it will be a back-up for your ceiling fans (low value less than 3uF only)

finally will go for Jantzen seems better in all ways avilable in our stores.Thanks for all inputs

Actually, CTR are available in polypropylene and also in polystyrene. Values tend to be limited though and dealers insist on purchasing in bulk.
Thanks ! Can you put some pointers, How to identify the polypropylene one , any marking or pic ? Most of the dealers are unaware. if you ask for polypropylene they will say yes it is, if you ask for metalized polyester they provide the same cap and then say " yahi chalta hai"

regards
Vipin

For CTR , caps starting with :

MPE : Metallized polyester. Most commonly found.

MPP : Metallized polypropylene.

PPE : polyester film/foil. Excellent sounding cap and usually available.

PPP : Polypropylene or Polystyrene. Availability low for these.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back