Best Music Player

SanjeevM

I have been using VLC media player on Windows. Recently I tried the Groove player on Windows 10 which gave the best sound so far.

Can the FMs suggest which player gives the best sound quality on Windows, and whether the quality of sound is better from Android based players.

On windows I use Foobar and Pot Player and have been quite happy with them.

MaSh

FOOBAR IS GOOD ONE. but you need to learn on how to use it.you can customise it according to your needs.sky is limit as far as cusomisation is concerned.

If you want a paid software,then consider J RIVER

I use Mediamonkey - no one here uses it?
I have not noticed any realy difference in sound quality between players on my dekstop connected to my Dell speakers.

mediamonkey is goodone.but I too never noticed any improvement in audio quality.
BUT using FOOBAR I noticed lot of improvement when connected to
schiit modi DAC by tweaking settings .

I compared many music players on a good DAC costing around 35K

many software like media centre offer more features

but foobar 2000 with asio plug in, was the best for detailed sound

and its free !

Robert Bose

I reckon it depends on the codec used.....

I use WMP9,Realplayer 8+ and VLC 0.7 and I think they all sound good. (Well as good as digital can sound which isnt very)

I am using Foobar 2000 with Wasapi from many years. I had settled with Foobar after trying JRiver, which sound like some DSPs running in the background and colored sound. Foobar 2000 is very natural and neutral, provides uncolored sound. Using this player with good DAC is just different level. VLC, Winamp, Window Media Player kind of applications are just average sounding players.

When compared foobar with Bughead player,later was impressive and much better than foobar.
Also some other players like Cplay,Lilith sounds promissing.

Is anything available free for MAC? Sorry for diverting the topic.
I use VOX which is free and really good on Mac. Still hope there might be better suggestions from the forum members.

Till now vox has been the best I heard on Mac so far.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Swaroop, thanks for the input. Im also using vox but i find not so detailed comparing to vlc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Swaroop, thanks for the input. Im also using vox but i find not so detailed comparing to vlc.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I definitely find it better than vlc on AB comparison. But surely Foobar and Bughead on windows are better. So checking if there is an alternative that is better.

Back