Best screen size for 9feet breadth and 20feet length living room

rajeshprasath

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a new LED for my living room. Living Room size is 9feet X 20feet. I want to know which screen size will be good for this room size. I am planning to place my TV in 9feet wall side. so I have viewing distance up to 20 feet. Mostly I will watch the TV programs by sitting 12 feet.

My Idea is to go for following models,

Panasonic Viera Plasma TH-P42V20D - 42" screen
LG 42LE5300 - 42" screen
LG 47LE4600 - 47" screen

Mostly I will watch Blu-ray movies, HD programs and SD programs

please clarify me, whether 42" or 47" will suitable for this room size.

thanks kittu,

but my doubt is whether 9feet breadth will give comfortable look for 47". I have 2 floor standers which occupy 1feet each & sub woof occupies 2 feet in ground. In that case will 47" give better look or will it create congested feeling?

^^^
Don't worry initially you will have a feeling that a monster display has occupied the space but it will fade away in a week's time, an then you will be like man i could have gone for a bigger one :D

I think 47" should be fine at 12', any bigger and the SD programmes will look awful.
Need to strike a balance between Blu-ray and SD.

You have about 4-5 feet in the centre to place the TV. So this seems to be fine too. You may feel little congested in the begining and fine later, but then if you take smaller screen just for looks, you will repent later :)

Hi all,

I am planning to buy a new LED for my living room. Living Room size is 9feet X 20feet. I want to know which screen size will be good for this room size. I am planning to place my TV in 9feet wall side. so I have viewing distance up to 20 feet. Mostly I will watch the TV programs by sitting 12 feet.

My Idea is to go for following models,

Panasonic Viera Plasma TH-P42V20D - 42" screen
LG 42LE5300 - 42" screen
LG 47LE4600 - 47" screen

Mostly I will watch Blu-ray movies, HD programs and SD programs

please clarify me, whether 42" or 47" will suitable for this room size.

Bigger the better :)

Get the biggest panel you can stretch your budget to. On my 47" LG panel, I can hardly differentiate between 720p and 1080p BluRay rips when I watch from a distance of around 6-7 feet.

With BluRay you can actually get a great looking display with a 100" screen less than 10' away from the screen. If you are on a budget, avoid demo rooms of AV dealers where they have projectors ;)

With larger panels, the SD channels will look bad.

My suggestion is to demo out both the panels from the viewing distance in your room. Then watch BluRay movies and SD broadcast channels on both the panels and see if you find any panel too big for SD or too small for BluRay.

In general, you will get used to a larger panel and then you will want a bigger panel if you spend any length of time watching BluRay or HD rips. Also note that the difference between a 42" and 47" panel is not all that great. If you see them side by side, the difference actually does not look like a whole lot.

-- no1lives4ever

thanks kittu,

but my doubt is whether 9feet breadth will give comfortable look for 47". I have 2 floor standers which occupy 1feet each & sub woof occupies 2 feet in ground. In that case will 47" give better look or will it create congested feeling?

TV goes on the wall and FS speakers and sub are kept 1 or 2 feet from wall so no issues.... see the posts in "Showcase your audio/video setup" thread , you will get better ideas.... :)

Thanks for your comments,

Finally I decided to go for 47" LED, LG 47LE4600. I will give my feedback once I fix it in livning room wall.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back