Best Speaker package for DENON AVR 2311 model

thrings

I have bought a new Denon AVR 2311 from profx. I have a dedicated HT room in my house of 16 x 12 x 9 ft size . My budget is around 1 lakh. Confused too much by seeing lot of demo of 5.1 speaker package and mixing up with hybrid one , for brands like polk audio,KEF,Monitor audio, Paradigm,Mordaunt-short,Psb,wharfdale and so on .

Every Demo person is confusing me with lot of options . My interest is to listen music 60 % and movies 40 %. Kindly help me to choose the correct one with the reason. Its my 15 yrs passion coming true now, so dont want to be pulled down in this.Waiting for a fitting response...

Last edited:
Hi thrings...
Speaker sys in that budget are all good....the only bias would be your own preferences for sound..you ll find that each audio maker will have a signature attribute to its sound reproduction...
Audition as many as you can and do it with a personal collection and run the same set of music on different speakers ..you will land up liking a couple of them over others...dont forget to listen to the speakers on tuner..
Good Luck for the spade work :eek:hyeah:

thrings congratulations on your new purchase. I know exactly what you mean I am in the same boat but have managed to narrow down my choices to three brands as of now - Focals (Chorus 726V), Polks (RTi A9), Epos (Epic 5)

You will have to take some decision at one point of time. So listen to your Ears :) I am sure you will find something that you like real soon all the best

thrings congratulations on your new purchase. I know exactly what you mean I am in the same boat but have managed to narrow down my choices to three brands as of now - Focals (Chorus 726V), Polks (RTi A9), Epos (Epic 5)

You will have to take some decision at one point of time. So listen to your Ears :) I am sure you will find something that you like real soon all the best

All the speaker sets mentioned above are good. A set containing good floor-standing front speakers will help you get the best out of your audio sources.

Since you have a dedicated HT room, you can afford to get room acoustic treatments done such as wall coverings. If you can't set aside a separate budget for it, it'll still worthwhile to reduce that much amount from your speaker budget.

I do have the 2311 with a ELAC setup. I found the surround processing and teh center channel sound of the 2311 to be very good.

I had the demo with the Polk ,Focal and KEF. For movies, i found the Polk to be better...lot of slam. But I preferred the Q900 and 826V over RTi A7 for music.

Last edited:
since you have already purchased your AVR, i would recommend you to carry your take your own AVR for demo. Speakers sound different with different makes.

I also have 2311. My only advice EPOS EPIC is not recommended as it 4 ohms.

For your receiver you can try to listen to Canton, Dali, Definitive pro cinema, PSB and KEF Q new series.

Please select speakers with high sensitivity and 6ohms range.

I also have 2311. My only advice EPOS EPIC is not recommended as it 4 ohms.

For your receiver you can try to listen to Canton, Dali, Definitive pro cinema, PSB and KEF Q new series.

Please select speakers with high sensitivity and 6ohms range.

Hi venk61176,

What was your experience with 2311 and Epos Epic besides they being 4 ohms

Apologies. Mine is EPOS M16i and Denon 2310. I havent connected them together for long as it was heating up too much.

othwerise sounded ok and not bad.

Since I have an excellent Cary Amp it meets my requirements. Any day I can completely vouch for EPOS Mi quality. They are not fatiguing and sweet singing speakers.

So I dont think EPIC in that regard will be any different. You can always trust creek quality.

Honestly at some point of time I want to replace Energy speakers as I am not that impressed and especially for music they are not at all good.

I guess that seem to be the case with most of common american speaker brands they all are of slambang type.

If you preference is music + movies please audition Monitor Audio BX, Dali Ikon and PSB as well

At the end of day no one speaker fits all. Please audition as much as you can.

Thanks
Venkat

As I said in many other threads, there is no such thing as "best speakers".

- Determine the speaker types - floor standing or bookshelves; your room constraints will also determine this. No point in buying large FS' if there is no room to keep them
- Set a budget beyond which you will not spend
- Audition a few that appeal to you. Do not go by brand name. Pair the speakers with Denon 2311 to listen and check.
- Since music is imp to you, take some music CDs with you - I will suggest one classical (Indian or Western) and one pop/rock, and any other of music type that you listen often. The more types the better.

And you will have your own answers.

I am aware its canadian brand and my reference was more of sound preference of specific continent or region.

:rolleyes:

Yes people rave about it because of VFM and in that regard Mirage is also better than Energy

Thanks
Venkat

Thanks to everyone ,shortened my list to MS aviano 6 package and Psb Image 5 package .Any body owns ths Mordaunt short aviano series ? any feed back about it ?
Psb Image 65 is too good with denon 2311 ,but crosses my budget,any dont mind in stretching a little bit for such a quality .

Thanks to everyone ,shortened my list to MS aviano 6 package and Psb Image 5 package .Any body owns ths Mordaunt short aviano series ? any feed back about it ?
Psb Image 65 is too good with denon 2311 ,but crosses my budget,any dont mind in stretching a little bit for such a quality .
ANy suggestion About monitor audio BX series ...?

Hi

Never settle for a 4 ohms or 6 ohms impedence speaker always go for 8 ohms speakers with high sensitivity say above 92dB which can reproduce good sound both for audio and video and will keep your AVR cool even during extended operation.

Hope it helps

Regards

sub

Never settle for a 4 ohms or 6 ohms impedence speaker always go for 8 ohms speakers with high sensitivity say above 92dB which can reproduce good sound both for audio and video and will keep your AVR cool even during extended operation.

That's an ideal specification. The only brand that manages to do it to some extent is KEF. They use horn coupled tweeters for this purpose. That adds some colorization to higher frequencies. A lot of people like it, though.

A more reasonable specification to look for is 89dB sensitivity with 8 Ohm impedence.

Thanks everyone for your expert opinion. Finally i have narrowed down to Psb Image 65 series and Mordaunt short Aviano 8 package ( PSB around 1.1 lakh and mordaunt short (95k). Any experience from the owners of these brands . IS this cost is reasonable ? any opinion

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back