divyanshuswami

I want to buy a component home theater system
My main concern are the floor standing speakers
I ve narrowed it down to
Polk Audio RTiA7
Klipsch RF 52
Q Acoustics 2050i
Jamo S626
Andrew Jones SP FS 52 (ive haerd they are great for the price)
i ll probably use it 70 percent for music 30 percent for movies
This is my first proper system. Please help

It doesn't make any difference once you put it in your room. The response is completely unpredictable after reflections off the walls. Buy which ever has the highest power handling capability or tone to your preference.

Go for what sound YOU like. If it was me I would first determine what I truly hate in a sound signature, different for everyone - some are very sensitive to sibilance and overly shrill highs and treble, some are bothered by bass that is even slightly flabby, etc. Either you already know this or you can demo different sets at AV stores or any friends who might have good systems to find out. Work backwards from there and research equipment that keeps well away from that one thing and is still decent spec wise.

I know quite a few friends and acquaintances who were overly taken in by opinions on the net and audiophile magazines about what was "supposed" to be the best tech specs sound signature or features of the month and ended up with systems that were good hifi per se but that they personally hated.

The demos that they show are in those acoustically treated rooms. While they sound differently in a normal room. And the polk audio system is unavailable in my city so i can't get a demo of that.

Hi .. Best way is take an audition in all the speakers ...with the type of music and the format u listen to .... Don't have idea about Andrew Jones and Polk .....but had auditioned. Jamo and klipsch and q acoustics and honestly Jamo and Klipsch disappointed ...the lower frequencies were not up to the mark as well as imaging ... Q acoustics were actually was good and one of the better speakers in this range although lacks a bit in the sound imaging front but owise its good

I took aaudition of the q acoustics 2050i. They sounded nice. But im not entirely sure. what about Boston acoustics A360?

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back