Best stereo speakers for Norge

udayan

Hi,

I own a Norge 2060. Looking to replace my old Sony speakers.

Could you please recommend suitable / best stereo speakers which will match the amp.

Are Norge speakers worth it? Was not very impressed with the infrastructure @ Norge while buying the amp.

Hi

Budget is important....if it is less or tight, you will need to consider pre owned ones available in For Sale by Owner section or Hifi Ads or OLX etc.

Hi,

I own a Norge 2060. Looking to replace my old Sony speakers.

Could you please recommend suitable / best stereo speakers which will match the amp.

Are Norge speakers worth it? Was not very impressed with the infrastructure @ Norge while buying the amp.

Yes... Norge speakers go very well with Norge amps.
But you should try your amp with Q acoustic bookshelf (model depending on budget), and Wharfedale 220/225.
I guess you can audition these speakers with your amp in Mumbai.

What kind of music do you listen to? How big is your room? It helps other forum members to suggest.

Sent from my HUAWEI P7-L10 using Tapatalk

What kind of music do you listen to? How big is your room? It helps other forum members to suggest.

Room size - 20 ft x 10 ft
Music - Diverse, Stretching from Indian HFM, Rock, Heavy Metal, some Western Classical and Jazz.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Hi

Norge delivers the following output:

80W + 80W RMS @ 4 ohms. 60W + 60W RMS @ 8 ohms...possibly 70W + 70W @ 6 ohms...

You can look at Bostons A26 Bookshelf, Taga Bookshelf speakers, Wharfedale 220/225, Q Acoustics, Polk RTI A1 series etc...

There are some good deals also available on olx which you can consider...always audition before buying....

Hi

Norge delivers the following output:

80W + 80W RMS @ 4 ohms. 60W + 60W RMS @ 8 ohms...possibly 70W + 70W @ 6 ohms...

You can look at Bostons A26 Bookshelf, Taga Bookshelf speakers, Wharfedale 220/225, Q Acoustics, Polk RTI A1 series etc...

There are some good deals also available on olx which you can consider...always audition before buying....
Thanks

I have used wharfedale 220 with Norge 2060 and it pairs well with norge.
Wharfedale 225 will give better bass, if you prefer that.

I have finally zeroed in on Wharfedale 220 / Q Acoustics 2010i / Boston Acoustics A26 based on the feedback here.

Further questions
- Which speaker would be the best fit if I upgrade my Norge in a couple of years to an AVR
- Whats the best place in Mumbai for a demo of WD / Q. For Boston, I guess its MZ Audio, Bandra.

Also never hurry. Take your time. Audition a few with your own music. Some speakers will impress you instantly, but take your time. Try Paradigm monitor's and psb series also.

Have finally purchased a Wharfedale 220 to pair with my old Norge 2060. Excellent quality with flac files / CD so far.

Bought the WD 220 from hifimart. Mr Anil was very helpful. Thanks all for your suggestions.

Now looking to get a decent DAC player which can shuffle songs and can be played remotely.

Any suggestions, friends?

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back