Best Subwoofer 30-35k

ramdante

A quick background about my current setup.
Fronts - Pioneer AJ FS52 Tower | Center - Pioneer AJ C-22 | Rear - JBL Loft 40 |
AVR - Onkyo HTS 3200 (default AVR) | Subs - Onkyo 8" Passive (part of HTS package)
Room Size - 15x12 feet

Now, I have another AVR, albeit and old one, the Yamaha RX-V1400. Which I read, is quite powerful, and can drive the 6ohms FS52 towers much better. The only problem is I would need an active subwoofer for it.
The plan is to get a decent subwoofer, in the 30-35k range, definitely don't want it to be entry level stuff, as I plan to keep it for 5+ years. Prefer a 12" one, with deep bass (~23-25Hz levels). And eventually, I will be upgrading the AVR and Speaker setup to something better in the coming years.
Can you suggest me the best sub to get in the current times. Are the prices too inflated because of COVID? Is it better to wait it out?

I was looking at the following ones,
  • BIC America F12
  • Yamaha NS-SW300
  • Taga Harmony 212 SE
  • Taga Harmony SW-10 v.3
Suggest me the best out of this, or anything else, thanks!

Are the prices too inflated because of COVID? Is it better to wait it out?
Last two weeks I was in discussion with many online vendors over my new purchase. I don't think prices are inflated, but products are going out of stock. Adding to COVID-19, Indo-China border issues also contribute in getting imports delayed (or may denied if things worse, hope it does not).

Last two weeks I was in discussion with many online vendors over my new purchase. I don't think prices are inflated, but products are going out of stock. Adding to COVID-19, Indo-China border issues also contribute in getting imports delayed (or may denied if things worse, hope it does not).

Hmm in that case, it would be better to get one soon, before prices inflate more. You got any suggestions on the subwoofer to get?

Hmm in that case, it would be better to get one soon, before prices inflate more. You got any suggestions on the subwoofer to get?
I have Yamaha 10" YST-315 for my PM5005 Amp + Wharfedale Diamond 220 speaker. I get more than enough bass for this 2.1 setup in Projector usage. My original shortlisted was BIC America F12 which costs around 32K. I have reserved this Sub for my bigger hall which needs a big Sub and thundering one - planned in a few months.

Fronts - Pioneer AJ FS52 Tower | Center - Pioneer AJ C-22 | Rear - JBL Loft 40 |
AVR - Onkyo HTS 3200 (default AVR) | Subs - Onkyo 8" Passive (part of HTS package)
Room Size - 15x12 feet

Now, I have another AVR, albeit and old one, the Yamaha RX-V1400. Which I read, is quite powerful, and can drive the 6ohms FS52 towers much better. The only problem is I would need an active subwoofer for it.
The plan is to get a decent subwoofer, in the 30-35k range, definitely don't want it to be entry level stuff, as I plan to keep it for 5+ years. Prefer a 12" one, with deep bass (~23-25Hz levels). And eventually, I will be upgrading the AVR and Speaker setup to something better in the coming years.
Can you suggest me the best sub to get in the current times. Are the prices too inflated because of COVID? Is it better to wait it out?

• BIC America F12
  • Yamaha NS-SW300
  • Taga Harmony 212 SE
  • Taga Harmony SW-10 v.3
I suggest BIC F12 considering your needs. Haven't heard one but from research the f12 seems to be the best out of them. I too wanted to get one but it is pricier than ns sw 300. I think sw300 won't disappoint either.

I have Yamaha 10" YST-315 for my PM5005 Amp + Wharfedale Diamond 220 speaker. I get more than enough bass for this 2.1 setup in Projector usage. My original shortlisted was BIC America F12 which costs around 32K. I have reserved this Sub for my bigger hall which needs a big Sub and thundering one - planned in a few months.
Please tell us how you like the yst315. I am thinking of getting one or the sw300. By the way I have a similar set up. Marantz pm6006+WD 220. I think adding a sub will make things better.

Please tell us how you like the yst315. I am thinking of getting one or the sw300. By the way I have a similar set up. Marantz pm6006+WD 220. I think adding a sub will make things better.
Definitely it adds a new dimension to Movie watching, it changes the way we enjoy movies at home (for me it is a chinese knock-off projector of 5K only). Setting the crossover at 65, I get good enough bass without distorting Front speakers. From cost perspective it is VFM since I had the budget of 25K. If I can cross 30K then it may be 12" BIC F12. But for my current small room of 13'x11', YST-315 makes thunder and wonder :cool:

My intention of adding Sub was just Movies. But ended up listening to music with good bass also with Sub powered on.

Room Size - 15x12 feet

• BIC America F12
  • Yamaha NS-SW300
  • Taga Harmony 212 SE
  • Taga Harmony SW-10 v.3

Although I personally don't own one, a friend of mine owns a Yamaha NS-SW300 and I am pretty impressed with the performance. It's definitely a worthy candidate.

Definitely it adds a new dimension to Movie watching, it changes the way we enjoy movies at home (for me it is a chinese knock-off projector of 5K only). Setting the crossover at 65, I get good enough bass without distorting Front speakers. From cost perspective it is VFM since I had the budget of 25K. If I can cross 30K then it may be 12" BIC F12. But for my current small room of 13'x11', YST-315 makes thunder and wonder :cool:

My intention of adding Sub was just Movies. But ended up listening to music with good bass also with Sub powered on.
Thank you for the details. To tell you the truth I don't feel Marantz6006 and wd220s make a great sounding pair.Happy to know adding a sub can change things. Now I have to save enough to get one.What is your source for music? I hear the source makes a big difference.

Thank you for the details. To tell you the truth I don't feel Marantz6006 and wd220s make a great sounding pair.Happy to know adding a sub can change things. Now I have to save enough to get one.What is your source for music? I hear the source makes a big difference.
Chromecast Audio (streaming from Mobile YT Music / Prime Music), Bluetooth BTS2 Receiver from Projector

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back