Best subwoofer drivers for DIY subwoofer build for home theater?

chandu6119

i am thinking to build a single subwoofer(planning for 2nd one in future ) which dials down to around 17hz,since all subwoofers in India are way overpriced. could someone recommend best 12inch or 15inch subwoofer driver available in India? something similar to dayton ultimax 12.also want to know crown 2002 or Behringer 3000 for amp choice? already bought umik-1 and have to buy minidsp for tuning.

jai1611

so no need of external dsp like mini dsp to set pass filters?i heard that crown is limited to 20hz,is that true?
I'm not familiar with mini dsp so cant comment on what else it can do. If your intent is to set a simple filter, the crown amps can do it.

No idea if the Crown cuts off below 20hz. I do know people use it for sub duties.

chandu6119

I'm not familiar with mini dsp so cant comment on what else it can do. If your intent is to set a simple filter, the crown amps can do it.

No idea if the Crown cuts off below 20hz. I do know people use it for sub duties.
thank you,i am also leaning towards crowns since they are cheaper than behringer 3000 and can set filters untill i purchase mini dsp. only concern is of 20hz cutoff i saw in some forums.

Perfect for audiophiles wanting both excellent music quality and flexible operation.