Best Suited Speaker for Harmon Kardon 3490

Sid 29

Hello Everyone,

I am looking for floorstanding speaker best suited for hk 3490 my budget is 18k - 23k(for now) but it can go upto 35k eventually if there arnt any in earlier mentioned price range.

The choice of music varies from Black/Death Metal(Slayer) to Alt like Radio-head to Psy Rock (Pink Floyd) with a sparay of Rock (Led Zeppelin, Ac/Dc) going completely to another end of Electronic and psy trance and ending the day with some Beethoven

Size of room 250 sq ft

Currently using Hk 3490 + HK Mas 101 Speakers (which might throw in for a quick sale) and a crappy DVD player for source but have made up my mind on upgrading to Acram Rpac DAC for source

Any suggestions regarding the setup will also be nice...
Thanks in advance

P.S. cant really call my self a total music Junkie but i enjoy music and might occasionally want to watch movies using this setup

Sid,
At your budget you can look for Sonodyne Sonus 2504 ,WHARFEDALE VARDUS 400,Monitor audio M4,tANNOY Mercury V4,Paradigm Monitor 7,Wharfedale Diamond 9.5s , Jamo 606 etc etc.

You should carry your amp to the Audio store and need to check with the above speakers(Which are available in your city)

For more on the topic pls have look on http://www.hifivision.com/speakers/...ons-within-30k-budget-ma-m4-tannoy-v4-0r.html

Hi, recently av max awarded boston accoustics a250 - 25k as the best fs upto 25k. Jbl studio 180 - 25k and yamaha ns 8390 - 17k were nominees. Though av max is not the most reliable I am sure that these may be good speakers. I mentioned the same prices as listed in the mag, u should get them for bit less.

Alternately extend the budget a bit more upto 35-40k and buy a better pair, polk audio tsi400 types whose perf is beyond doubt. My advise is that you should not compromise on the speakers. After buying basic ones within a year or two you will have an itch to upgrade thereby loosing more money. Cheers

Sent from my Lenovo S880 using Tapatalk 2

Thanks a lot Audio_Freak... true one must take there equipment and audition speakers before buying but the reason for this thread was to shortlist a few brands and know there price range well in advance so that i can have a rough estimate about the budget
apart from which all speakers have there signature sound hence the question was more about best suited speakers with HK 3490 like which are the bright speakers in the market. However thanks for your reply cos that is going to help me streamline my choice now and keep me busy for the next couple of weeks :)

if youre upping your budget to 35 then include the kef q series and also the usher s520. you can also check the bose 301's

Friend has paired Telmoe BT-300' s with the HK. He is happy with overall sound of the pairing. Check out with telome if they have representation in delhi.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back